Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:01:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is anyone else dreaming about the lockdown?

Started by idunnosomename, April 10, 2020, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Just wonder. This has impacted life so much my brain, last week or so, starts off with a normal dream ("oh no! back to college to do your A-Levels") but then when I get there brain retcons things and on the bus there it's like ooh we're social distancing! It's fine doing this because we're 2 metres apart! And then college is shut anyway so I get out of it.

On a wider thought this episode is going to preserved as a stratum in popular culture like nothing else since World War 2. Arguably even more than that, since entertainment continued largely as normal in Hollywood except for studios having to do get some propaganda crap out (Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo and Bambi all came out during WW2, some of them after Pearl Harbor)

Had a dream where someone sat next to me starts coughing really badly, leading me to take off like Usain Bolt in the opposite direction.

Thomas

Dreamt with vividity that the ghost of Marlene Dietrich kept opening the door and letting my cat outside. Could've been set during lockdown, I'm not sure.

Lemming

I don't really have particularly vivid, memorable dreams anyway, but I know I haven't had a proper decent full night's sleep since all this really kicked off over here.

Tend to get off to sleep OK initially but just keep on waking up, and the fucking Coronavirus is the first thing my brain decides I need to start mulling over at 3:00 in the morning. 

So there I lay for another half hour to an hour, trying in vain to get back off again. 

Tried wanking myself back to sleep on occasions, but I lose interest half way through to be honest with you. 

BlodwynPig

Im assuming this is a particularly lucid dream?

I cant feel my fingers typing

Dewt

I had a dream last night about picking up packages from the apartment leasing office downstairs, via the "request it to be left outside the office" protocol they've enacted for social distancing. "You'll be able to spot mine easily because they're all pink", I said.

Boring dream. Same as reality except for having pink parcels. It's probably just another one of those "your gender identity is weak as fuck" dreams more than a rona one.

jobotic

Same sleep patterns as Beep Cleep Chimney, ay least for the first couple of weeks of this.

Had a lot of vivid nightmares recently, not about the virus but since all this began. First week of lockdown I had a few dreams in which I as in very tiny and very packed pubs. In one we all bought our drinks from a serving hatch then went and piled into a tiny car to drink them.

Norton Canes

Not sure. Last night I dreamed I was walking around the town centre barefoot and stepping in dogshit. Could be lockdown related.

poo