Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looks like I had just had it

Started by Puce Moment, April 13, 2020, 12:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

Long story - but the symptoms manifested themselves ever so slightly differently. It's been the shittest few days starting last weekend, peaking on Wednesday and pretty much starting to subside today.

No hospital but a very PPE visit, and my GP has been a fucking star, as has my wife.

Still fucked but if anyone else gets it PM me.

BlodwynPig

One could say you had a

Puce Moment

Puce Moment

Add in any colour you would like and I can guarantee my wife has had to clear it up in some form over the last week.

BlodwynPig

Glad you are through the worst of it.

Puce Moment

Back on CaB - the nation's litmus test for gradual recovery.

Funcrusher

Can you give any indication of what the early signs might be and what it's like when you get the full effects?

gib

jobotic

Yeah I'd like to know that too. Been thinking that if there's no fever it can't be it but is that true?

Glad you're recovering

Zetetic

Quote from: jobotic on April 13, 2020, 12:38:31 PM
Been thinking that if there's no fever it can't be it but is that true?
No, not really.

jobotic

Well no, I know you can have no symptoms. But to be be classed as more than mild I mean.

Puce Moment

Yeah, not quite right and fucked on drugs hence my awkwardly written thread title, which I will retain.

I feel somewhat reluctant to post anything too specific because the word from people on the ground, particularly in the GP service in front of the Covid referral system, is that there are varitions and mutations of the virus with many variables. This is part of the problem of diagnosis.

My wife could speak better to my early symptoms but on Sunday last week I was starting to get so rundown I was falling asleep mid-sentence (at 11am after having a couple of coffees). Very fucking odd, but there was no indication of this as an early sympton on the WHO site. This has changed now.

From there, it wasn't exactly throat pain or dry cough for me - more like a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE body flu that I have always assumed heroin withdrawl is like. My breathing started getting affected, and I was forcing my diaphragm to breathe. As I have chronic asthma this was the point where, through my fading consciousness, I recognised things were shit. I forgot to mention that throughout this was I was vomitting up everything. Hot and cold flashes that were so bad I started to cry, and then a fever and hallucinations that had me praying to God, something I haven't done since I was about 12 years old.

Also - managed to tick one bucket list item off.

Yep.

BlodwynPig

Something for all us to look forward to, I suppose

Funcrusher

Thanks for that and glad you're on the mend. As someone working in food retail, I have a high chance of getting this, so it's useful to have some idea of what I might be facing. Going to see if this house has a potential sick bucket.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 13, 2020, 01:00:49 PM

Yep.

Bungee jumping?

Puce Moment

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 13, 2020, 01:15:11 PMThanks for that and glad you're on the mend. As someone working in food retail, I have a high chance of getting this, so it's useful to have some idea of what I might be facing. Going to see if this house has a potential sick bucket.

The problem is that there are clearly different ways that the virus starts, and to come extent it might more dependent on your immune system and where you are naturally weak/strong. It sounds  obvious but from what I can gather, much of the problem of a virus is simply what the body does and does not do in response, which naturally varies a great deal. The majority will get similar symptoms in roughly the same order (as identified by WHO) but it does appear to be somewhat reliant on the individual. My GP also thinks the virus might affect a person differently dependent on whether they breathe in the virus contained in water drops, or ingest the virus into the stomach, but he said that is a theory being discussed on private forums by GPs.

Also, don't assume that you will get it. You may just not come across it, you may be asymptomatic, and I know people working in hospitals on the frontline who are fine. I could not have been more careful - I was on fucking strike for the 2 weeks before this started and I barely left the house because I am an agoraphobic hermit who largely dislikes people.

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 13, 2020, 01:16:05 PMBungee jumping?

Never heard it called that before, but sure.

Annie Labuntur

Sounds hideous. Hope you're soon back to 100%.

It's said that nausea (let alone megavom) is present in a small minority. Obviously there'll be thousands of unreported cases not accounted for though.

Are you waiting on a test result?

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 13, 2020, 01:00:49 PM

Yep.

Quote"If wonder if your bad breathing hits the perfect sweet spot whether it'll be possible to engage in auto-erotic asphyxiation without the need for all that unseemly hanging business."     

Google can't find which cabber posted that for proper attribution but I had c&p'd it to group text with a bunch of medico friends to much laughter emoji

Puce Moment

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on April 13, 2020, 01:34:32 PM
Sounds hideous. Hope you're soon back to 100%.

It's said that nausea (let alone megavom) is present in a small minority. Obviously there'll be thousands of unreported cases not accounted for though.

Are you waiting on a test result?

Yes, the vomitting was confusing because my wife couldn't find decent evidence of this as an early symptom, so we assumed I had a bug or something. At one point our favoured theory was that I had caught it from the cat who has been vomitting all last week! Turns out that's cos she keeps eating fucking flowers in the garden.

So yes, lots of cases not reported, and in my case no sign at all of a test as I refused to go to hospital, and I was deemed to be 'stable' rather than needing a ventilator. Either way, I'll be in the house for a good while.

shiftwork2

Sounds really shite; glad you're on the up.  Thanks for the thread and the posts.  I know three people who are confirmed to have it (our Trust now tests symptomatic non-Covid-19-frontliners routinely) and every experience seems quite different.

Funcrusher

Hoping I'll get a strain where the symptoms are that you feel fucking great and get a few temporary superpowers like x-ray vision.

Puce Moment

If you get my version where, although experiencing quite a few moments of wishing death upon myself, you ultimately survive, then consider yourself lucky. I know I do.

Small Man Big Horse

Blimey PM, that sounds beyond horrible, but I'm enormously relieved you're feeling better now and hope you're back to normal soon.

thenoise

Don't forget to thank by name the team of nurses that stayed up all night with you mopping your brow and whispering how much they love you as I'm sure we all get that treatment from our famous egalitarian healthcare system.

Um, I mean, glad you're on the mend. Lots of love x

non capisco

Glad you've come out the other side, Puce! Hope you're feeling back in prime shape soon and can fully revel in life again. Sounds like a horrendous experience, it was only a mere month ago I was saying naive things out loud like "I hope I get it sooner rather than later so I can just get it over with" as if it was just another winter bug.

selectivememory

Yeah, that sounds horrendous. Glad you seem to be on the mend now though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thenoise on April 13, 2020, 02:53:22 PM
Don't forget to thank by name the team of nurses that stayed up all night with you mopping your brow and whispering how much they love you as I'm sure we all get that treatment from our famous egalitarian healthcare system.

Um, I mean, glad you're on the mend. Lots of love x

In Puce's case it was his wife cleaning up the vomit and his cat whispering sweet nothings into his hallucinating ears

Thomas

Sounds horrifying. Glad you lived, Pucey - enjoy the drugs. I hope your cat stops eating flowers.

You are the actual 'PM' all the front pages were well-wishing.

NoSleep

Pranet

Hi Puce.

It sounds like you had some support from your GP. If you want to and feel up to it I'd be interested if you have anything more to say about your experience of getting help and the health service. I've read a few scary stories of people getting ill and dying and not being able to talk to anyone on 111 or 999.

Uncle TechTip

Glad you're on the mend. Was it a threesome?