Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Social games you can play online (not PS4 etc)

Started by WestHill, April 17, 2020, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestHill

Anyone got any tips for multiplayer games you can play with your mates online without a console?

Bored of the ones on houseparty.

Doesn't really have to be reliant on software (but tbf I did love playing multiplayer Wolfenstein and Doom on dial up).

Done a couple of quizzes but it's a lot of effort to do.

We've played a few of the Elis James and John Robins 'made up games' like 'first release' (you name a recording artists and everyone guesses the year of their first release, closest wins) but it goets boring quite quickly.

Anyone got any suggestions?

notjosh

I started looking into this a while back but got bored. But there seem to be quite a few on Facebook, and there is a free online version of Secret Hitler which is great for 5+ people. You can also play loads of stuff on Steam, but most of it has to be paid for.

Abnormal Palm

Dunno how much they are but the Jackbox Party Pack games are also available on mobile. They're supposed to be between pretty good and really great.

I'd imagine there's a lot of stuff like that out there. I'll keep an eye out.

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 17, 2020, 05:27:13 PM
Dunno how much they are but the Jackbox Party Pack games are also available on mobile. They're supposed to be between pretty good and really great.

I'd imagine there's a lot of stuff like that out there. I'll keep an eye out.

They're great, I've played lots of them during the lockdown. You can do it on Zoom, the person who owns the game shares their screen and the controller is your phone handset.

El Unicornio, mang

Tabletop Simulator?

It's 15 quid for the core game but then you have access to about 3000 (!) games based on real life board games for free, basically anything that's ever existed is on there, including really obscure stuff and Warhammer, D&D etc, and you just click a button to add it. You can also voice chat while the game is going on. It does obviously require your mates to also have the game though. Also you can flip the table if you lose!

Some examples of it being played

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thelittlemango on April 17, 2020, 07:13:58 PM
They're great, I've played lots of them during the lockdown. You can do it on Zoom, the person who owns the game shares their screen and the controller is your phone handset.

I was gonna say, I played these once when there was a few of us round someone's but couldn't figure how it'd work without the big screen.

WestHill

Great, thanks guys! Will check these out.

I am looking at pokerstars.uk for online poker too.

gib

I can arrange a game of Mafia on here if there's enough people interested in playing.

Sin Agog

Quote from: gib on April 17, 2020, 11:34:57 PM
I can arrange a game of Mafia on here if there's enough people interested in playing.

I started a Werewolf game (exact same thing with different names) thread on RYM years ago and it ended up consuming the whole fucking General board with Simpsons themes, The Wire themes etc.  I mean there were people putting thousands of hours into that thing (although I only ever played two games).  It can easily translate online.

Johnny Yesno

Anyone remember this? http://www.onlinegames.com/basketball/?4vd8wm5l9p

135.10, btw.

pancreas

Dex Sawash

evilcommiedictator

It's going to depend on what your friends are comfortable with tbh, for example you can play pictionary online at https://skribbl.io/.
I got Jackbox free from Epic store the other day and have played by zoom as per previous post, just gotta remember to share sound as well.
In theory, there's a fair few cheap Steam games that have "play together" or whatever it's called, where you invite the other person and they play with their controller and you stream your screen to them, but again, you need them to install Steam.
Even custom maps and stuff on Starcraft II is free to play, you can play Mafia, tug of war games *wink*, it depends on what you want really