Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:20:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your avatar.

Started by holyzombiejesus, May 30, 2012, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Not had one of these threads for ages so...

What is your avatar and why did you choose it?

I like how I imagine posters are their avatar, or at least share characteristics with it. For example, I imagine Talulah, Really! to be an extremely attractve French lady, Buelligan to be a little prim but to speak in the same voice as Polly(?) from those computer adverts, Doomy Dwyer to actually be that bloke from Bloc Party and Biggytitbo to lounge round in a nappy, speak in short grunts and spend his days fling his own faeces about his cage.

Cerys

Does that mean you think I'm a muppet...?

Depressed Beyond Tables

My avatar is the last picture we have of my brother. He was mortally injured in a gang related mix-up over some carrier bags.

KLG-7A

I always wonder about your avatar. It looks like my manager.

Spiteface

My current avatar is of Craig Jackman, owner of American Electric, the "other" Tattoo shop in "LA Ink" - by far the most entertaining aspect of the last series. 

Jerzy Bondov

It's Polish Roger Moore from one of those Polish film posters and it goes with the name, which is a pseudonym the Russians use to smuggle James Bond around in The Living Daylights. My head is also that shape in real life.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's a self portrait.

Icehaven

Mine is Robert Downey Jnr, because there can never be too many pictures of him in the world. I assure you I share no characteristics, physical or otherwise, with him whatsoever, except I daresay we both very much enjoy gazing at him, only he does it in a mirror.

Mary is not amused

It's Mary and oneself immediately after having been punched by Mary.

mook

it's a happy red faced chap with a beard doing a bumming.

Eis Nein

I have an unswerving fascination with B-movie character actors who play pilots/Presidents/middle-aged executives. I'm also a keen xenobiologist.

Squink

It's a close-up of my cock.

Lord Mandrake

Menacing carrots bloke replaced by Timothy, conveying menace. In short, menace.

chocky909

A man having a papa.

rudi

CaledonianGonzo

I used to change mine fairly frequently, but I seem to have settled on Mazza for the last wee while.  I'm not sure why - I mean, she/it is lovely but I think I just like having the one representative image and she was in the hotseat when the music stopped, so to speak.

Buelligan

Maud.  Because of the telephone and because she's unafraid of saying vagina.

Nuclear Optimism

Variations on the Photoshop background that's supposed to represent transparency.

Snobbish Puerile Wanker

This photo of Charlie Brooker with a fish from the guardian's website. There's just something about his expression that I find hilarious for some reason.

Replies From View

My avatar features part of a toy from the 70s.  It's the "father" from a family that would be separately inserted into the seat areas of a toy vehicle.  Once the family were inside the car, different shaped cog things within each person would cause them to turn their heads to a unique pattern while the car was being pushed forwards.

My elder brother (born 1969) is ten years older than me, and it was his toy.  We seem to have lost all but the "father", whom I now keep on a shelf as quite an exquisite display item, for old times' sake.  He no longer has his cog thing.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Snobbish Puerile Wanker on May 30, 2012, 09:22:12 PM
This photo of Charlie Brooker with a fish from the guardian's website. There's just something about his expression that I find hilarious for some reason.

I'm certain he looks exactly like one of the muppets but I can't quite place it.

Zetetic

Quote from: Snobbish Puerile Wanker on May 30, 2012, 09:22:12 PM
This photo... There's just something about his expression that I find hilarious for some reason.
I wouldn't have been able to choose between him and the fish.

Because I re-watched The Meaning Of Life the other day and forgot how much I love "Find The Fish".

Replies From View

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on May 30, 2012, 10:23:28 PM
Because I re-watched The Meaning Of Life the other day and forgot how much I love "Find The Fish".

It certainly is fucking brilliant.

Retinend

biggytitbo

Consignia

As an aside, one thing I've noticed from when I've actually making my own avatars as opposed to off the shelf images, is that it's acutally quite difficult to get right. The first problem is framing. You have an image you want to use, but you are restricted to a square, so it's hard to get all everything you want into frame without losing focus on the main item, cutting up an important detail, or making the whole image looked skewed and off centre. Another thing is the size; 100x100 pixels seems a lot, but when down-scaling images you can loose an incredible amount of detail, making it difficult to actually see it's supposed to be.

It's quite surprising really, it looks like should be a simple crop job, but there's definitely an art to it.

doppelkorn

It's off supermarket Sweep does anyone remember supermarket sweep it was on in the 90s with dave winston?

Replies From View

oh yes winston churchill i have hurtd of him.