Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,792
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Women reaching 40 and Short Hair

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 03, 2012, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

i wouldn't recommend trying this procedure with anything that has a built in repeat feature. not if you're a beginner at any rate.

holyzombiejesus

FUCKING HELL!!!!! That really hurt.

Cerys

Good thing you didn't go for the hammer-action alarm clock option, then.  Unless you did.

Braintree

I don't want to be one of those women with long grey hair. I think if you are absolutely stunning it can work but the majority (male and female) look like knackered old witches.

I would like short (pixie crop) hair but I have a round (fat) face and I couldn't be bothered with maintanence/dealing with my mother who would make a nasty comment about it everytime I saw her

Jerzy Bondov

Yes I suppose it is a difficult decision. Still, think of us chaps nervously watching our lumpy scalps emerge from beneath our evaporating hair, scared to even go near an Airblade in case it blasts the remaining follicles off our heads.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 14, 2012, 09:14:11 PM
FUCKING HELL!!!!! That really hurt.

Why did you let yourself be sucked in to his cock and ball torture kink? A simple photo of you pissing in a Dyson Airblade would have won you £10?

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Quote from: Braintree on June 14, 2012, 10:11:41 PM
I don't want to be one of those women with long grey hair. I think if you are absolutely stunning it can work but the majority (male and female) look like knackered old witches.

I would like short (pixie crop) hair but I have a round (fat) face and I couldn't be bothered with maintanence/dealing with my mother who would make a nasty comment about it everytime I saw her

I'm going to sound like an idiot here, but how does a pixie crop work with FILTHY FOREIGNER ETHNIC hair? I presume it would need to be straightened for that type of effect. If I was old I wouldn't be bothered with any type of maintenance. Got to rush round doing all the things I couldn't be bothered to do at twenty.

I'll probably have my hair short when I'm older because that's always been the way it's looked best; it's long at the moment but it's pretty thin and it just reaches a point where it looks stringy and a bit unhealthy. My mum's hair is still long and between our genetic predisposition to fine hair and years of colour treatments she's only got about four hairs on each side.

Mr Eggs

Pixie crop requires a certain face shape to work at its best.

I offer no other assistance,mainly cos i'm getting my first haircut tomorrow in 4 months.....With a full beard.

Cerys

Servalan was well ahead of her time.

Braintree

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on June 15, 2012, 12:53:51 AM

I'm going to sound like an idiot here, but how does a pixie crop work with FILTHY FOREIGNER ETHNIC hair? I presume it would need to be straightened for that type of effect. If I was old I wouldn't be bothered with any type of maintenance. Got to rush round doing all the things I couldn't be bothered to do at twenty.

I'll probably have my hair short when I'm older because that's always been the way it's looked best; it's long at the moment but it's pretty thin and it just reaches a point where it looks stringy and a bit unhealthy. My mum's hair is still long and between our genetic predisposition to fine hair and years of colour treatments she's only got about four hairs on each side.

With my thick hair and your thin can we combine it and both have normal hair?
I do relax it straight , which is why I would like it short as it would be easier to do but thick, frizzy hair is always high maintenance (I don't even have lovely Angela Griffith style- curls or even the ability to grow a ghetto fabulous afro) but I'm also debating whether to go curly/wavy and mid-length. Can you do mid-length (cheek/jaw line) when you are grey? That  surely wouldn't look witchy?

There's a man I see occasionally who is balding at the front but has rapunzel-esque grey hair, I can see why he keeps it but I think he should give up the ghost, cut it and comb it over.

Buelligan

Bollocks to the witchy thing, I've looked like a witch all my life and hope to continue long into the future (unless they burn me).

Small Man Big Horse

A friend tonight confessed she was thinking of becoming a shorthair. She's a year off 40. I tried to convince her against doing so, remembered she was married, and that the times we did have sex[nb]Long before said marriage, I should stress.[/nb] were awful, and so told her to go for it. For I am a cruel man, apparently.

Perhaps it's time wigs came back in fashion. That could be the best of both worlds.

Dead kate moss

I don't think older women with longish grey hair look like witches. Unless they already looked like a witch. Probably it shouldn't be past shoulder length after you are sixty, but cutting it all short when you are 40 is just a shame and you probably don't look so sexy anymore, if that's an issue to you.

On a similar note, I'm not comfortable with all these male rock stars going grey at forty/fifty  - Paul Weller, Jarvis Cocker, even Graham Coxon's got some silver coming through. I don't want to see it, dye it a natural youthful colour I reckon, at least til you hit about 65. Unless you ladies (or gents!)  think it's super-sexy, as you tend to find anything that thick grumpy dwarf Weller does...

thomasina

Quote from: Buelligan on June 10, 2012, 04:05:25 PM
I mildly disagree with this ^.  I think people should be who they are, if they are saggy, bald, or whatever, that is their individual beauty.  It moderately fucks me off when someone says as long as it's well maintained or whatever, balls to it I say!  Go to the hairdressers if you want, shave your head if you want, have dreds if you want, be who you are and let others be happy being themselves.

My neighbour is about 50 or 60ish, she works her arse off in the vinyards.  I think she cuts and bleaches her own hair.  It's always very random-looking and a sort of lemony-green colour and I love her for it.  If she suddenly looked like a British daytime telly presenter the world would be a poorer place.
What can I say, I'm a bit vain.  I'd rather appear with a face that looks no more saggy than necessary but have massive admiration for people who don't give a fuck.  And yes, it's shit that a woman's appearance is considered to be a legitimate measure of her worth.

thomasina

Quote from: Cerys on June 15, 2012, 11:59:32 AM

Servalan was well ahead of her time.
She's the reason I had it cropped at 15!

mook