Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,782
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cameron knows what the people want

Started by HappyTree, June 13, 2012, 04:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyTree

The people don't want a referendum on Europe, insists No 10

"...in terms of our membership of the EU, [Cameron] feels that is not something we should have a referendum on now. That is not something that the British people want right now."

Cool. What Cameron feels should happen is precisely what the British people want. I love it when government is precisely in step with the country. Makes one feel special.

Well, I don't particularly want a referendum on Europe and was unaware one was even on the cards, so I guess he's right.

Dusty Gozongas

Could be worse. At least he didn't promise one and then change his mind.

Anyway, Nick Clegg is probably the biggest of two shits at the moment.

Mister Six

We should have a referendum on whether we want a referendum.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nick Clegg making his party abstain from voting. The BBC article frames it as if it's some anti-Tory act of defiance- is it bollocks.

The question is quite simple- should Hunt be investigated for a breach of the ministerial code by the man responsible?

The whole notion of abstaining from voting on that is stupid.

In the words of Malcolm Tucker- How Fucking Impressive.

Replies From View

This might evolve into the topic that drowns out Cameron's Leveson appearance tomorrow.  Watch this space!

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 13, 2012, 07:53:15 AM
Nick Clegg making his party abstain from voting. The BBC article frames it as if it's some anti-Tory act of defiance- is it bollocks.

The question is quite simple- should Hunt be investigated for a breach of the ministerial code by the man responsible?

The whole notion of abstaining from voting on that is stupid.

In the words of Malcolm Tucker- How Fucking Impressive.

That's about as important as someone putting an egg in a hat.

The EU referendum is rather important though, even Labour are saying they might have one.

Think we'd probably say no, then they'd keep making us do it again until we say yes, inntrue EU style.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 13, 2012, 08:57:02 AM
That's about as important as someone putting an egg in a hat.

It's a good way to carry eggs, especially if they're raw.  I urge you to carry your eggs in smart trouser pockets because I want you to learn all of life's lessons the hard way.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Mister Six on June 13, 2012, 05:53:18 AM
We should have a referendum on whether we want a referendum.

No, too simple. We need a referendum on whether we want a referendum asking if we want a referendum.

Buelligan

So what?  I know what Cameron wants.

biggytitbo

Buelligan

I suppose that depends on how sexy you feel being sacked is.

Blumf

Anything you want (You can trust me)

I really want to (You can trust me)

How would you like it? (You can trust me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG7MqkKtA38

Boys like, boys like me

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Express want us to leave the EU.

This means leaving the EU is wrong.

I base this on Every Single Thing the Express says.

v00n

Don't agree that this doesn't matter. It's the first time Clegg's done anything apart from lick Cameron's arse.

You could tell he was angry; his bottom lip stuck out and everything.

However abstention isn't exactly going to change anything, now is it.

HappyTree

It does seem that various people are just going insane at the moment. There is no plausible justification for Cameron's shielding of Hunt to this extent. Can he really be that unaware of the damage he's doing to himself? Hunt will be gone after the Olympics (or sooner), and at what cost? Is it really worth it?

Both parties are sleazy to the hilt but at least New Labour were better at managing their own image and hiding it for a bit longer. 2 years in and already Cameron is shot to pieces.

I can only see all this as a political soap opera taking our minds off the real shenanigans and jiggerypokery happening in the background: the complete restructuring of our economy.

Nuclear Optimism

Quote from: HappyTree on June 13, 2012, 10:39:49 PM
Both parties are sleazy to the hilt but at least New Labour were better at managing their own image and hiding it for a bit longer. 2 years in and already Cameron is shot to pieces.

Why would you want politicians to be able to hide their sleaze, or speak positively of them for achieving that? I want my politicians to be bad at deflecting blame, and rubbish at managing their image. The sooner they go to pieces the better.