Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Vale: Criminally overlooked youtube cartoon set in Ebbw Vale

Started by Misspent Boners, February 09, 2020, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

I really enjoyed S1 and now so far S2 is a step up from that, very funny stuff.

Dewt

Quote from: astrozombie on April 04, 2020, 01:02:34 PMI'm working around the clock, at present I am animating episode 5.
Don't forget to put a shot of the cookdandbombd forums on any visible computer screen

It's what the fans are expecting.

PowerButchi

Love the hardest boys in the college dance and Beaton's first day. Top stuff.

astrozombie

Episode 4 is out now!

https://youtu.be/eHazpEjMvaY

Episode 5 is up next Friday... As for episode 6... I'm working on it. It's a big one.

Dewt

phes

Quote from: astrozombie on May 15, 2020, 10:07:12 PM
Episode 4 is out now!

https://youtu.be/eHazpEjMvaY

Episode 5 is up next Friday... As for episode 6... I'm working on it. It's a big one.

Very civilised. Cheers Adam, fucking love this and dead happy to see I have 4 episodes to catch up on!

fatguyranting

Me (49) and the kids (18 and 20) are absolutely loving this. Great to have a new episode up. I'm spreading the word.

Sin Agog

S2 Ep 5 is out and it's really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBTym2LPSY

I know creators are often humble, shrinking dandy* types, but you need to link-bomb this everywhere even tangentially connected.  On Big Lez youtube comments, anime forums, send it to one of them there Social Media Influenzas... You don't get anywhere near enough hits considering how well-written The Vale is.  You should, by rights, be leapfrogging into The Biz from this.

*been sleeping like shit- DAISY, I meant daisy

Haha yeah; I thought that was the best episode of this series, laughed several times. I really liked the relaxed setup and a bit of a break away from the narrative; just Jock and Beat having a couple of drinks and chatting shit. (Also I was a background extra in the cinema scene 😅) I genuinely couldve enjoyed another hour of them slowly progressing through the evening and talking about different things. You're right, this is still criminally overlooked I think

Sin Agog

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 22, 2020, 08:44:46 PM
S2 Ep 5 is out and it's really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBTym2LPSY

I know creators are often humble, shrinking dandy* types, but you need to link-bomb this everywhere even tangentially connected.  On Big Lez youtube comments, anime forums, send it to one of them there Social Media Influenzas... You don't get anywhere near enough hits considering how well-written The Vale is.  You should, by rights, be leapfrogging into The Biz from this.

*been sleeping like shit- DAISY, I meant daisy

Wait, I actually meant violet.  What's become of my brain?

Quote from: Misspent Boners on May 23, 2020, 01:10:42 AM
  (Also I was a background extra in the cinema scene)

Could Sly Stallone be a secret CaB'er? 

Zutroy

I really hope I'm not breaking any rules here: Adam/Astro Zombie is far too humble and weary of annoying fellow CaBers to post this and risk losing any good will.

This Friday he and the other writers are hosting a quiz over Zoom and it's the perfect opportunity should anyone wish to meet them or pick their brains, not only that but you can win the opportunity to provide a voice in an upcoming episode.
There is a small caveat but check out the social medias for details on how to join in if you're interested.

Should be a good laugh with a very small number of participants in preparation for the season 2 finale.

Last episode up now! I've yet to watch it but am expecting great things. Will report back shortly

petril

astrozombie

Hey everyone, episode six from series two is up now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhMVvtEs8Q8&t=21s

This is the finale and at the moment we are currently writing up the scripts for Series 3. Thanks for watching and subscribing guys.

Someone suggested this earlier in the thread so I went ahead and did it. Somewhere in this episode is a CaB easter egg. See if you can find it...

Dewt

Dewt

Captain Z

I just caught up with this last night, it was hilarious. I'm assuming the footage out of Jock's rear window was filmed on the Heads Of The Valleys road? I missed the CaB reference so I'll have to go back and watch again.

Great to hear S3 is coming, I will definitely chuck in a quid for the collection.

Captain Z

I'm not on social media but has anyone tried tweeting it to GLC, Matthew Pritchard or any other similar Welsh comedy associates? I'm sure it might be up their street.

Sin Agog

Ooh!  Found the CaB easter egg.  I'm not going to spoil it, but it's Comedy Chat on one of the monitors at exactly 14.32. 

Here: https://youtu.be/HhMVvtEs8Q8?t=872 

But like I said, I'll let you work it out for yourselves.

astrozombie

Quote from: Captain Z on June 22, 2020, 09:36:25 PM
I just caught up with this last night, it was hilarious. I'm assuming the footage out of Jock's rear window was filmed on the Heads Of The Valleys road? I missed the CaB reference so I'll have to go back and watch again.

Great to hear S3 is coming, I will definitely chuck in a quid for the collection.

Thanks very much for the support! And yeah S3 is on the way, we are writing it at the moment (via Zoom meetings) and hoping lockdown restrictions lift a bit more soon so we can all get together and record the voices etc.

As for Jockey, the illustrations I did are based on an industrial estate in Rassau which is in Ebbw Vale, the footage through the window is free stock footage I grabbed online and I used it because I too thought it looked very similar to the Heads of the Valley.

Quote from: Sin Agog on June 22, 2020, 10:29:45 PM
Ooh!  Found the CaB easter egg.  I'm not going to spoil it, but it's Comedy Chat on one of the monitors at exactly 14.32. 

Here: https://youtu.be/HhMVvtEs8Q8?t=872 

But like I said, I'll let you work it out for yourselves.

Glad you saw it! Was worried it was a bit too hard to spot. I'm going to get another few CaB easter eggs in S3, I'll get a few across the series next time.

Quote from: Captain Z on June 22, 2020, 09:40:13 PM
I'm not on social media but has anyone tried tweeting it to GLC, Matthew Pritchard or any other similar Welsh comedy associates? I'm sure it might be up their street.

Yeah we do spam it out on social media and have sent it to those people and have had no response as of yet. My main target on twitter is Michael Sheen. He is the patron of Market Hall Cinema featured in episode five of The Vale (where they see the Arnie/Sly trailer) and did an opening ceremony here a couple of years ago. Everyday I send him a tweet with the picture attached but he has yet to engage. I will continue until he either does so or blocks us haha.

The guy who wrote/acted in that series Ladhood on BBC responded to us though. Good guy... and a very good series if you haven't seen it btw.

QDRPHNC

I was due to watch episode 6 yesterday, but my son - who adored series 1 - wanted to start series 2 from the beginning, so I'll probably get to it tonight. Episode 5 was brilliant.

QDRPHNC

We finished it last night - great stuff! Q Jr nearly feel out of his seat laughing at Tony's barrage of fists and screaming.

PowerButchi

This is GOOD NEWS. I won a DVD and I've blitzed it several occasions already.

Cuellar

Just catching up on Series 2

The
Spoiler alert
dog suicide
[close]
in episode 4 is fantastic

Captain Z

I liked the live-action competition announcement videos they did. Particularly the emptying of the names into the sack, and the reveal that after hitting 1k subscribers they still can't monetise their videos as they're too offensive.

phes

S3 tonight at 7pm according to a text from an excited friend.  Not sure where that info came from

Edit: yep, it's on that twitter thing (85 followers???). Weekly drop, mid season break. Premier tonight.

Captain Z

Just remembered about this. Episode 1 was out last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRQ737-MXEs

Reaching new levels of desolation but equally hilarious. Those Anna May-tors have put in some proper hard graft.

phes

No idea how these were only getting a couple of thousand views, but it does feel like someone has snapped and said:  well if no one's watching anyway then why not have one man crawl into another man's body through his anus, to retrieve contraband alcoholic drinks