Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Francis Viper Higgins

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, November 04, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

I didn't even know crows had blood

The Mollusk

Literally just got into this guy a couple days ago and am totally obsessed. Some of the funniest shit I've seen in ages. Him actually being in Switzerland and Russia in his videos and somehow commanding an ambulance for the Fontaine thing, how does he do it? Incredible.

Cold Meat Platter

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 16, 2021, 11:15:07 PM
Literally just got into this guy a couple days ago and am totally obsessed. Some of the funniest shit I've seen in ages. Him actually being in Switzerland and Russia in his videos and somehow commanding an ambulance for the Fontaine thing, how does he do it? Incredible.

Seen the Russia Today Viper's view? If not, give Putin a few hits on the RT UK channel.
Merceedays.

Cold Meat Platter

is that Fenriz from Darkthrone in your avatar dude?

The Mollusk

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 16, 2021, 11:40:46 PM
Seen the Russia Today Viper's view? If not, give Putin a few hits on the RT UK channel.
Merceedays.

Will do!

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 17, 2021, 04:40:54 AM
is that Fenriz from Darkthrone in your avatar dude?

It is yeah. From this class interview where he's pissed up at like 2am talking shite and near the end plays this hardcore song called "Rock n Roll Gas Station" and goes bananas. The whole vid is great but that bit is hilarious. I love Fenriz.

Chollis

Just catching up with Shlug's appearance in last night's stream. Fucking brilliant. Love the image of Tommy trying to fly a Black Hawk

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 17, 2021, 06:41:14 AM
Will do!

It is yeah. From this class interview where he's pissed up at like 2am talking shite and near the end plays this hardcore song called "Rock n Roll Gas Station" and goes bananas. The whole vid is great but that bit is hilarious. I love Fenriz.

I had a dream the other night where I went right off their excellent new album Eternal Hails and such is my fondness for Fenriz that when I woke up I felt ashamed for having dreamt it. Tangible shame.

Nice to see Francis and Tommy back. These bursts of inspiration he has come and go, so always best to make the most of the streams when you can catch them.

chveik

OI OI

crouching tiger hidden geezer

chveik

resident cheifet's after ya!

chveik

some classic cheifet action going on right now

Yussef Dent

Bloody hell that terrible Chip blog found on the Wayback Machine was utterly hilarious and with this Cheifet side-project being discovered there's a potential goldmine in the making. Genuinely looking forward to Sunday night's stream.

chveik

i fear the resident evil shtreams have broken the man :(

Yussef Dent

Yup this thread has not been posted in for 90 days, but he's not been around for a lot longer... UNTIL TODAY.

The whole of the Gerry Hannan-Frank McCourt Late Late Show "squabble" in a disused railway tunnel on a picturesque walking trail. Magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4rpogDsiY

Magnum Valentino

Yeah my jaw was on the floor, it's just an incredibly unique idea and such an amazing performance.

wrec

PlanktonSideburns

Totally not what I was expecting, but very very good. Somehow highlights the total insanity of the original video

Magnum Valentino

Who's the American that appears near the end? My wife reckons she's married to Frank McCourt (I am not Frank McCourt) but for some reason I always presumed she was his lawyer or something.

wrec

His wife Ellen Frey McCourt. I keep thinking about Frank's outburst of "I'm infatuated with women", and how he makes that a tribute to the wife.

Amusing also that even amid the chaos and madness of it all Pat Kenny comes across as arrogant and weirdly detached, in both the original and the Viper's version.

Cold Meat Platter

Is there a good source for a bit of background on the incident? I only know it through Viper's streams.

wrec

Here's the original clip for a start
https://youtu.be/RdiUq3eoSNc

There's some background in the "disputed memories" section here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela%27s_Ashes
It does seem that some aspects of the book were embroidered or fictionalised, but a lot of the backlash seems to have been the result of wounded local pride. There was extreme poverty in Limerick even decades after the period McCourt was writing about.

Magnum Valentino

The article linked in that Wikipedia article contains more detail still, it's either reference 13 or 14.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on May 03, 2022, 12:08:19 AMThe article linked in that Wikipedia article contains more detail still, it's either reference 13 or 14.

For convenience, here it is:

https://irishmediaman.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/a-miserable-liar/

The Mollusk

Good lord I just watched this, what an incredible performance. The fact that he greets the people passing and pets the dog without breaking the dialogue at all is astonishing.

sambwel

Very recently put onto this guy by a pal and as I work through his youtube stuff I'm dismayed to find all his RT stuff has gone down the memory hole. Anyone got it backed up somewhere?

bloom

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 03, 2022, 07:38:54 PMGood lord I just watched this, what an incredible performance. The fact that he greets the people passing and pets the dog without breaking the dialogue at all is astonishing.
And the walk off at the end. Glorious.

Sgt. Duckie

He's doing a lovely bit of streaming !!!!

Yussef Dent

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on August 05, 2022, 12:12:03 PMHe's doing a lovely bit of streaming !!!!

Crazy bit o' business! A Mercedes bendy bus!