Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee nearly killed onstage

Started by lazyhour, March 07, 2022, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyhour

Well, probably not, but...

I saw Stew's Snowflake/Tornado show last night in Bexhill, and (spoilers ahead)...

The huge prop shark that is supposed to fall around Stew when he sits down at the end of the show - Buster Keaton-style - malfunctioned and fell too early, when Stew was still stood at the front of the stage. It missed him by mere inches and could at the very least have really hurt him, especially if it bonked him on the head.

Poor Stew. I think he was a bit freaked out. A lot of the audience thought it was deliberate, I reckon, because those kind of self-sabotaging hijinks are entirely possible with him.

I wonder if he'll now refer to this incident on the rest of the tour, and how it will be incorporated if so? Would be very curious to hear from people attending future shows.

Other than that, it was a great show.

Dr Rock

I reckon if there was a way to die, 'because a shark fell on him' would be how he'd want to go.

dead-ced-dead

I saw someone make a meme about this elsewhere and assumed it was a joke. Glad to know he's okay.

Captain Z

Did it make him jump?

Stewart Lee has jumped (at) the shark.

idunnosomename

My job is to check this shark is safely installed above the comedian Stewart Lee.

Yes, it's correctly secured.

up_the_hampipe

Prop comedy is a dangerous game, Stew.

Seriously though, that must have been very frightening. How did he respond to it? Did he stay in persona?

Fabian Thomsett

'People on this side of the room found that very funny...'

MigraineBoy

Up in the rafters Graham Linehan sweeps his cape like the Hooded Claw & escapes through a skylight.

JamesTC

Stewart Lee survives a shark attack.

Twilkes

He's only just shaken off a persistent herring.

Cold Meat Platter

McDead

Of course, they're all fallen sharks by the time I'm finished with them

In the peduncle fin (pedal bin).
I'm fucking off, no need to push!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I saw him last week, after two years of cancelled shows. I'd have been quite narked if he got sharked before I finally saw the show.

If he or the venue don't own the prop, presumably it's a loan shark.

Goldentony

thats what you lot like isnt it sharks falling

[30 seconds of grimacing]

OOH A SHARK FELL STEW

ishantbekeepingit

He should have said to it, he should have said, "get back in the sea!  You finned cunt."  Like his catchphrase.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The shark thought Stewart was cress.

pigamus

All the different flavours of crisps...

...fin

idunnosomename

If you prefer a closer shark impact please ask for one

ProvanFan

pigamus

Quote from: Captain Z on March 08, 2022, 12:54:12 AMThe film Jaws has let itself go

Which, as you probably know, was directed by Steven Spielberg, who also worked on Indiana Jones with producer George Lucas, who also produced American Graffiti, Star Wars, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and Quillow.

Ferris

Furious that I now know the gag in this show.

McDead

"are you a sardine?" No I'm a shark

KennyMonster

Actually I think you'll find it was only the CHARACTER of the comedian Stewart Lee that shat his pants on stage, not Stew himself.

shoulders

pigamus