Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Three Bean Salad podcast

Started by her?, October 27, 2021, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

that advert that begins 'hi guys, somecunt here, oh my god guys i have to tell you about this shitforcunts' is fucking irritating

paruses

there's ads now? or have I missed a joke? Only on first ep of S2.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: gib on March 05, 2022, 01:26:34 AMthat advert that begins 'hi guys, somecunt here, oh my god guys i have to tell you about this shitforcunts' is fucking irritating

Are they hosted on Acast?  They're the fuckin worst.  Is it the dickhead talking about that Euphoria programme?

edwardfog

I hit that Patreon toot sweet so no ads for me.

Sadly it also means I don't get to hear the Patreon jingle which always makes me crack up

IT'S TIME... TO PAY THE FERRYMAN

Blinder Data

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on March 05, 2022, 08:23:14 AMin my head I've always though it was "sperbs"!

I love that Sperbs keeps his powder dry between the tormenting - you just never know when he's going to strike. If this was an Adam and Joe podcast, Sperbs would be on it every week. The use of listener content is definitely at just the right level before it becomes cloying.

Great jingles. My favourite podcast at the minute.

Led Souptin

I don't want to potentially spoil any magic (beans) but I've (maybe wrongly) assumed that sperbs is the creation of ben

Well worth signing up to that patreon, theres loads of bonus bits and they're great. Also the way they integrate the sean bean shout outs into the podcast is actually funny, or at least never annoying, or just tacked on like a lot of patreon creators do.

gib

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 05, 2022, 09:14:21 AMAre they hosted on Acast?  They're the fuckin worst.  Is it the dickhead talking about that Euphoria programme?

yes that sounds like the one, unbearable

i don't know anything about Acast i just use a free app on my phone, called Antenna. It's not the app adding the ads because some pods don't have ads or the ads are integral (eg Buxton)

rude soil

Enjoyed the
Spoiler alert
that's half the the battle phone call
[close]
as a reverse
Spoiler alert
gotta take a little time, to think things over.
[close]

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 04, 2022, 11:19:17 PMWhich one of you is Spurbs?

Where does the spurbs begin? Just listened to the lot in reverse order but missed his origin story

edwardfog

All the way back in s1e2 Lizards

PlanktonSideburns

Blinder Data

Latest episode 'Maps' features what must be the longest intro yet - 30-odd mins! Thankfully it's all funny stuff. They are top-notch at chatting nonsense and being very amusing while doing so e.g. 'Banbury Woman'.

If anyone wants it I've got a recording of the first 40 minutes of the live show they did for the London Podcast Festival back in February.  Not entirely sure why I only recorded the first 40 minutes, but it may have had something to do with having a bottle of red wine for lunch that day.

It features quite a lot of Mike's feet, and quite a lot of Ben's genitals.

Quote from: Evian Mousemat on April 21, 2022, 02:56:52 PMIt features quite a lot of Mike's feet, and quite a lot of Ben's genitals.

Sold!

Seriously though, that would be brilliant, thank you.

PlanktonSideburns

Fuck me, Henry's impression in the maps episode got me good

Quote from: Evian Mousemat on April 21, 2022, 02:56:52 PMIf anyone wants it I've got a recording of the first 40 minutes of the live show they did for the London Podcast Festival back in February.

Thanks for sharing this, very enjoyable! Interesting to see them a bit uncertain at times, Ben in particular looked like he didn't know what to do with himself half the time. No big surprise after two years of lockdown though, unless he's just always that fidgety!

Des Wigwam

Just finished the Islands one. The riff on King Kong made me laugh a lot.

Had my 'song' played at the end of the Maps episode this week.

*Proud Dad Face*

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Matthewjbutler on April 26, 2022, 08:47:21 PMHad my 'song' played at the end of the Maps episode this week.

*Proud Dad Face*

Well jealous

PlanktonSideburns

Who here has sent them songs?

Des Wigwam

Don't want to just be posting bits off the podcast but I also really laughed at the Islands bit where they have food to survive but
Spoiler alert
end up throwing a lot of it away at the end of the day especially the vegetarian option that no-one wants
[close]

edwardfog

Every morning I get in the shower laughing, thinking about Ways of Seeing With Henry Paker. "Can you answer the question please?" seems to have limitless potency for me

retsuza

Finally got into this and the Bluebell theme has been in my head all day.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: retsuza on May 12, 2022, 06:23:12 PMFinally got into this and the Bluebell theme has been in my head all day.

Yea it's a proper ear maggot that tune

Re listened to the episode where Ben cracks up trying to explain the story about grintch Xmas. So fucking funny

rude soil

The live show (audio) is available to Sean Bean tier patreons

Des Wigwam

Since last night I have been disproportionately laughing at Henry trying to remember Che Guevarra's name but coming up with Steve Ovett. Ben or Mike genuinely asking "what made you think Steve Ovett was the right name?" did it for me.

PlanktonSideburns

Henry's mind is brilliant when panicked
And it's always panicked

They're back this week and it's a wonderful episode. They're on rare form in the first five minutes. 

I adore this podcast, it's a bit like listening to a jazz trio. Mike's authoritative double bass, Ben's light piano tinkering and Henry exploring the farthest reaches of the sounds you can get out of a flute.

Did anyone catch this when it was on at the Pleasance back in 2010? I'd never heard of them back then, and knowing what I do about them now it sounds like it must have been great

PlanktonSideburns

Lovely way of visualising it