Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee nearly killed onstage

Started by lazyhour, March 07, 2022, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElTwopo

Are you sure you didn't go to a work-in-progress of his Snowflake/Sharknado show?

JamesTC

Just went to book my ticket for June. Laughed a good while at the poster for his show because it appears like the shark is falling on an unsuspecting Stew.

If it has a shark in, does it have that annoying cliche of playing that ominous orchestral riff that you heard when an attack was imminent?

Stonefish

When sharks get knocked over, spill or fall out of cupboards.

Clown_Shoe

You lot as good as killed Roy Scheider

These days if youre english and get hit with a shark they throw you in hospital

Menu

Quote from: JamesTC on March 08, 2022, 07:50:35 PMJust went to book my ticket for June. Laughed a good while at the poster for his show because it appears like the shark is falling on an unsuspecting Stew.

When was the last time Stewart looked like that? 2003?

Video Game Fan 2000

You're going to need a bigger boat on a stick

idunnosomename

Quote from: Menu on March 10, 2022, 08:00:38 AMWhen was the last time Stewart looked like that? 2003?
what, half blue!??!?!!

Menu

And a mini shark stuck to his head. Yeah maybe more 2006/7?

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on March 07, 2022, 11:43:20 AMI reckon if there was a way to die, 'because a shark fell on him' would be how he'd want to go.

STILL LOOKS FAKE

Ferris

Is there a release date for the recorded version of this show yet? Feel like it's been teased for nearly 2 years.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on March 10, 2022, 01:59:40 PMIs there a release date for the recorded version of this show yet? Feel like it's been teased for nearly 2 years.

Doubt you'll see that until the tour's finished. I think I'm due to see him in april/may, should really look into that.

Captain Z

I don't know if it will have been recorded yet. That would usually happen right near the end of the run and he's still performing it until July. Maybe in time for Christmas? Maybe it'll be on the BBC again.

Just spotted that he will then be moving straight on to new WIP shows and a full tour "Basic Lee" in the second half of this year.

https://www.stewartlee.co.uk/live-dates/

QuoteI will be launching a new Stand-up tour, BASIC LEE, in the Autumn of 2022.

BASIC LEE – After a decade of ground-breaking high concept shows involving overarched interlinked narratives, massive sets and enormous comedy props, Lee enters the post-pandemic era in streamlined solo stand-up mode.
One man, one microphone, and one microphone in the wings in case the one on stage breaks.
Pure. Simple. Classic. Basic Lee.

DrGreggles

Yeah, he's doing 2 Fringe shows - Snowflake + WiP

McDead

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 10, 2022, 02:54:13 PMDoubt you'll see that until the tour's finished. I think I'm due to see him in april/may, should really look into that.

I'm probably thinking of the pre-covid schedule because this show was supposed to have been binned after 2021 so I was expecting the video release around now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on March 10, 2022, 04:54:16 PMI'm probably thinking of the pre-covid schedule because this show was supposed to have been binned after 2021 so I was expecting the video release around now.

Yeah the dates have slipped a lot. Glasgow had actually sold out originally so I'd managed to book Wolverhampton and was going to visit family about half an hour away but Stew ended up putting another date on up here which worked out cheaper than the faff of that so just bought that and offered a family member the original.

I can't see him putting a video out before the run's finished as it would probably result in a lot of the audience not turning up, which will probably upset the venues through additional sales etc. I'll probably begrudgingly go and risk covid depending on my mood, if I could pay a tenner to watch a stream instead I'd probably sack it off despite wanting to see it live.

Uncontrolled sharks. You've seen em. On the Baywatch.

SweetPomPom

He normally announces which shows are getting filmed quite early in the run, not the Palace this time - I thought he'd announced them pre-vid but can't remember.

big egg

During the set in Glasgow tonight he said the show will be filmed in York

scarecrow

Great to hear it get a laugh when he quoted Boris Johnson's tank-topped bum boys line tonight.

ProvanFan

The more he lets himself go, the better he gets at funny faces.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: ProvanFan on March 16, 2022, 01:58:11 AMThe more he lets himself go, the better he gets at funny faces.

Found myself thinking the exact same last night. It was all great, but the physical comedy had me in tears.

Twilkes

Off-stage e.g. when interviewing others he has a wicked cackle and easy eyes, I wonder if he'd ever go on stage like that. Guess he'd need four times as much material though.

the science eel

just out of the Carlisle show (introduced as 'the only non-sold-out show of the tour')

an angry start! but then ok

apart from the interminable Gervais bit

DrGreggles

Quote from: the science eel on March 16, 2022, 11:11:49 PMapart from the interminable Gervais bit

One of the best bits for me, Clive.

Tony Tony Tony

He's just gonna keep letting the shark nearly land on him until it actually does.

Then who will be laughing?