Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 13

Started by MigraineBoy, August 25, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Presumably his turning to look at that old piano out of the window right at the end is some sort of additional cryptic clue.

selectivememory

Don't really know many of the contestants, but I'll be watching for Bridget Christie. Hopefully we'll get a better standard of task than in the previous series.

MigraineBoy

g0m

it has been pointed out that this is quite similar to a task from Bäst i Test. what does this mean for those who wish that the show proper would adopt some tasks from overseas iterations of the format...

Ja'moke

I like the setting of that interview/task, reminds me a little of where the New Zealand version films some of its tasks. Hopefully that's an area they use throughout the series.

Nice little No More Jockeys reference in there too.

It's had very little promotion, but this starts tonight.

amateur

Solid so far. Enjoying a real undercurrent of weirdness from Bridget and Sophie (not familiar with any of their work).

The lad from Hebburn so far not seeming like a real prick.

Promising!

Ja'moke

It's just so much better with a studio crowd and the cast sat next to each other.

Ja'moke

This live task is great. Promising first episode!

amateur

That was a BRILLIANT episode

The Lurker

Oh, that was a joy. Brilliant studio task

That was absolutely great. The most I've laughed at an episode in a long time. I lost it at Bridget's duel, Judi being Judi and - for some reason - Ardal calling Greg "TM".

I'm already really confident all the contestants will be funny - so they just need to keep the quality of the tasks high.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 25, 2021, 10:18:27 PMAnd despite complaining about Chris Ramsey earlier in the thread, I think the show benefits when there's a bit of a loudmouth prick on it.

He was good fun. His standup isn't for me at all, but you need a contestant with giddy enthusiasm.

amateur

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 14, 2022, 10:15:20 PMThat was absolutely great. The most I've laughed at an episode in a long time. I lost it at Bridget's duel, Judi being Judi and - for some reason - Ardal calling Greg "TM".

Can't believe no-one's done that before. Superb toadying.

selectivememory

Enjoyed this a lot. Liked all the cast. Bridget and Ardal were as good I'd hoped they'd be, and I already love Sophie (her duel could have been cringey, but she and Alex pulled it off, ended up being an episode highlight for me).

Cautiously optimistic! Hope they keep the tasks interesting.

Ja'moke

Sophie getting off with that canvas made me feel a certain way.

Twilkes

Quote from: amateur on April 14, 2022, 10:21:36 PMCan't believe no-one's done that before. Superb toadying.

Hopefully he will follow it up with a full 'Cripes TM!' at some point.

Enzo

really enjoyed that. The dynamic is so much better with the studio audience isn't it?

beanheadmcginty

I was pretty sure that I already knew what Chris Ramsey looked like, but he looked like a totally different person to me in this. Completely unfamiliar face, especially around the eyes. My brain must have only previously taken note of his late noughties "Russell comedian" haircut without registering the face. Or has he had facial work done?

MigraineBoy

That was a great first episode & everyone had their moment.

Ardal's "I'm in last place so I may as well torpedo everyone else's chances." had a schoolboy naughtiness to it. 

My only fear is Chris Ramsey will do an Ed Gamble and be both competent and enthusiastic throughout.  I always feel a bit cheated when someone wins without peril.

g0m

had a lot of fun with that one. fully on board

Hat FM

ardal - nice guy. older dougal
Bridget - better than i expected.
chris - slight Iain sterling competitive vibes but seems okay
Judi - Hilarious. potential to be an all time great
Sophie - solid. likeable.

greencalx

Just caught up with this, and glad to see everyone seemed to enjoy this as much as I did. Ardal showing how to bicker without going down the Iain Sterling route.

Quote from: greencalx on April 15, 2022, 01:56:20 PMJust caught up with this, and glad to see everyone seemed to enjoy this as much as I did. Ardal showing how to bicker without going down the Iain Sterling route.

It helped that he had a mischievous grin and was bickering from last place I think, rather than a "this is bullshit!"approach that Sterling/Gamble had at times.

AsparagusTrevor

Great episode. That studio task made me feel mentally exhausted.

amateur

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on April 17, 2022, 11:14:43 PMGreat episode. That studio task made me feel mentally exhausted.

I simply would have given up. I can't remember three things at once at the best of times.

Sophie's noise during it were supremely weird and therefore brilliant.

The Roofdog

Quote from: amateur on April 18, 2022, 08:16:02 AMSophie's noise during it were supremely weird and therefore brilliant.

That really long one she did before she got knocked out had me shouting at the telly "Don't forget to be sick at the end. DON'T FORGET TO BE SICK AT THE END"

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Very good first episode - then again, the last series started out strong and tailed off, while the one before did the opposite (oh, how I miss Wozniak's madcap antics). It's probably too early to judge how it'll all shake out, but it seems like a strong line up. Maybe Chris Ramsey is playing to win and that's careerist and terrible, but he seemed to be having fun with it.

Nice to see it back to the pre-pandemic studio setup. I don't know to what extent that could have improved the last few series. It wouldn't have saved some of the more drab tasks, but it does seem to give the atmosphere a boost.

olliebean

Bridget Christie interview task (I find this incredibly relatable): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Y5w2PX8eA