Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No9 series 7

Started by SilverFish, September 17, 2021, 07:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverFish

Headlining series seven are Daniel Mays (Line of Duty, Good Omens), Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter, The OA), Sophie Okonedo (The Escape Artist, Britannia), Jessica Hynes (There She Goes, W1A), Diane Morgan (Mandy, Motherland), Daisy Haggard (Back To Life, Breeders), Annette Badland (EastEnders, Doctor Who), Siobhan Redmond (The Replacement, Unforgotten) and Ron Cook (Hot Fuzz, The Salisbury Poisonings).

Also set to feature in the upcoming series is Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton's fellow co-creator, writer and star from The League of Gentlemen, Mark Gatiss (Sherlock, Dracula).

Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton say: "We hope you'll join us and another incredible cast of actors for more surprises that will make your jaws drop and spines tingle. Heads might even roll, and if not heads, definitely eyes."

Full Press release:
https://t.co/crLcLIC7XM

MigraineBoy

A BFI preview screening for 2 eps is March 11th, so the airdate can't be too far off:

As series 7 of the critically acclaimed and BAFTA award-winning anthology series Inside No. 9 (BBC, 2022) returns, BFI Southbank preview two episodes from the upcoming series on 11 March, in the company of the show's creators Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton and executive producer Adam Tandy. The show invites viewers into a world of the extraordinary and macabre, and this latest series will feature guest cast members such as Sophie Okonedo, Daniel Mays, Mark Gatiss, Jessica Hynes and Diane Morgan.

https://www.bfi.org.uk/news/announcing-march-2022-programme-bfi-southbank

Glebe

Quote from: Vroomo on January 27, 2022, 11:21:13 AMA BFI preview screening for 2 eps is March 11th, so the airdate can't be too far off:

As series 7 of the critically acclaimed and BAFTA award-winning anthology series Inside No. 9 (BBC, 2022) returns, BFI Southbank preview two episodes from the upcoming series on 11 March, in the company of the show's creators Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton and executive producer Adam Tandy. The show invites viewers into a world of the extraordinary and macabre, and this latest series will feature guest cast members such as Sophie Okonedo, Daniel Mays, Mark Gatiss, Jessica Hynes and Diane Morgan.

https://www.bfi.org.uk/news/announcing-march-2022-programme-bfi-southbank

Nice!

madhair60

QuoteSophie Okonedo

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAHHHH

Kankurette

She's in The Wheel of Time as well (she's Siuan Sanche/Moiraine's girlfriend). Nice casting choice.

Is this the first time Gatiss has appeared?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Kankurette on January 27, 2022, 12:51:48 PMIs this the first time Gatiss has appeared?

Yeah.

On the date of their 'An Evening With...' I attended they said they've always planned to get him in an ep they just had to wait for the right script & for timings to work.
His ep is set in a boat on a boating lake - from the way they talked I got the impression the logistics for filming weren't the easiest so they needed someone they had an existing relationship with.  Much like getting him in for the ep of Psychoville where it was all one-take.

Kankurette

I'd love to know what the 9 for that episode is. Presumably it's a numbered boat.

Glebe

Gatiss was mentioned in the Halloween special of course.

Icehaven

Maybe it's just me but I'm not that keen when they use guest stars I recognise as it kind of takes me out of it a bit. Steve and Reece have to appear of course, that's one of the main components of the show* but when you've only got 30 minutes to build a world and atmosphere it doesn't help when you spend half that time trying to stop thinking "That's Daisy from Spaced/Philomena Cunk/that bloke from Eastenders".

Obviously I'm not saying I don't want to see actors I mainly know for one/a few parts not play any others, it's just it shows up more in anthology series as they're only going to be that character for half an hour so when I already know them well as someone else it's difficult to separate them in such a short time.

*And playing loads of different characters id their thing too, the LoG was founded on all 3 of them doing that, which is also why the Gatiss episode will be fine.

Captain Z

Quote from: Glebe on January 27, 2022, 01:03:52 PMGatiss was mentioned in the Halloween special of course.

And there was a reverse reference in Gatiss' Draclea, where the titular character was occupying cabin No. 9 on board a ship.

MigraineBoy

Reece was mock-annoyed when mentioning Mark being in the new series, "Didn't put us in Sherlock or Dracula did he?  No.  But we put him in ours.  Pathetic."

Glebe

Quote from: Captain Z on January 27, 2022, 02:02:45 PMAnd there was a reverse reference in Gatiss' Draclea, where the titular character was occupying cabin No. 9 on board a ship.

Ah yes. And the hare was visible somewhere I think?

lauraxsynthesis

It'll turn out Gatiss was the hare all along. I reckon I'll go to that BFI thing.

beanheadmcginty

Saw a clip of a scene from the new series at a work thing earlier. It involved
Spoiler alert
Pemberton photographing Shearsmith's genitals in a Welsh classroom
[close]
and was very funny. Well up to standard and much funnier than anything else we watched.

Malcy

Synopsis of the first 2 episodes from the BFI thing last night.

Spoiler alert
1. Merrily, Merrily
Laurence has arranged a reunion with his old university chums at a remote lake. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then of course. As they strike out across the empty lake, the conversation takes them into choppier waters.

2. Mr. King
Alan arrives at a small village primary school in rural Wales. Passionate about teaching, he throws himself into the new job but finds himself overshadowed by his charismatic and much-loved predecessor, Mr. King.
[close]

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/inside_no_9/episodes/7/

neveragain

Natnar

Is there an airdate for series 7 yet?

Malcy

Quote from: Natnar on March 12, 2022, 04:22:43 PMIs there an airdate for series 7 yet?

The post i got the link from said 'soon'. Think it was a spring airing they were going for so can't be long. I wonder did they show an episode last night?

Gatiss was on stage with them too.

neveragain

Quote from: Malcy on March 12, 2022, 04:27:56 PMI wonder did they show an episode last night?

They showed those two episodes.

Fabian Thomsett

This is starting on the 20th i.e. Wednesday after next.

First one is Merrily Merrily.

Glebe

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on April 07, 2022, 02:00:26 PMThis is starting on the 20th i.e. Wednesday after next.

First one is Merrily Merrily.

Excellent news!

Malcy

RHX

Are we finally getting an
Spoiler alert
animated episode?
[close]

Looking forward to all of these but interested in seeing how that one turns out!

idunnosomename

looking forward to this on the Cook'd and Bomb'd forum

the science eel

Malcy

Enzo

Barry Shitpeas is directing it!?

Tony Tony Tony

Bumping thread as a reminder (like we need it!) that S7 starts tonight at 10.00pm on BBC2. Also for Inside No9 hardcore fans the podcast will resume straight after the show on BBC Sounds.

danwho9

This is class. Love Diane Morgan.