Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

New thread as the old one is at 99 pages (https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=91411.0)

Two hours until Britain Trump "apologises" for his lies and breaches of lockdown regulations. Wonder if we'll get any more fines for Johnson or Sunak before May 5th.

idunnosomename

Sometimes I wonder why I voted for the serial philandering buffoon DePffell in 2019, then I see that great big mini eggs mug with a tea-bag floating inside it and I remember how well he duped us all into believing what a man of the people he was. ah well. i am older and wiser now and more people listen to my LBC show than ever before

Buelligan

Say what you like about the man, at least he saved the country from communism and saw us, safely, through two world wars.

frajer

Thoughts and prayers for his imminent execution

My defence will be to say that I didn't knowingly place him in a guillotine, and I will then enquire what my fine shall be.

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure whether the motion on whether to refer Johnson to the Privileges Committee, to be debated on Thursday, will make any difference. Even if it does pass, what difference will lying and blustering before another select committee make?

Martin Van Buren Stan

This is quite astounding
Quote13% of the population have a favourable view of Priti Patel. That's fewer than think the moon landings were faked (16%).
https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1516426322528120843?s=20&t=l799qCn8Cin18wB6ExGgYQ

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 19, 2022, 03:50:48 PMNot sure whether the motion on whether to refer Johnson to the Privileges Committee, to be debated on Thursday, will make any difference. Even if it does pass, what difference will lying and blustering before another select committee make?

I think it's the MPs voting on whether or not he gets investigated by one of their special committees for lying to the House. 

As the tories have a 79 (IIRC) seat majority, if Johnson loses that vote, his days are over.  I don't think he will but it does put all the tory MPs in a bit of a quandary - how does it look in the constituency if you vote not to investigate?  Memories of Owen Patterson being hardly dry on the curtains.

Fambo Number Mive

I think the next leader will be someone like Ben Wallace who isn't well known to the general public. If only 22% of those interviewed were unfavorable and 67% didn't know those are good poll numbers compared to many Tories.

If Ben Wallace went into coalition with the Lib Dems in the next election imagine that, the PM and deputy Pm looking like two giant babies in suits.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Buelligan on April 19, 2022, 03:56:32 PMI think it's the MPs voting on whether or not he gets investigated by one of their special committees for lying to the House. 

As the tories have a 79 (IIRC) seat majority, if Johnson loses that vote, his days are over.  I don't think he will but it does put all the tory MPs in a bit of a quandary - how does it look in the constituency if you vote not to investigate?  Memories of Owen Patterson being hardly dry on the curtains.

That's very true, Tory MPs might be being rewarded with dinners etc for their loyalty to Johnson but it is damaging them in the constituency and quite a few have small majorities. I think a lot of Tory MPs will be weighting up whether their support for the PM is worth it.

Ferris

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on April 19, 2022, 03:53:16 PMThis is quite astoundinghttps://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1516426322528120843?s=20&t=l799qCn8Cin18wB6ExGgYQ

Yeah but she's established her smirky role as a panto villain which will play very nicely on the after dinner speech market. I'm the politician you love to hate!

Get your cheque books out JPM, cos this is gonna cost ya!

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 19, 2022, 03:59:07 PMI think the next leader will be someone like Ben Wallace who isn't well known to the general public. If only 22% of those interviewed were unfavorable and 67% didn't know those are good poll numbers compared to many Tories.

If Ben Wallace went into coalition with the Lib Dems in the next election imagine that, the PM and deputy Pm looking like two giant babies in suits.

Have an odd feeling that the next GE will be after the MPs come back from their summer holiday - which means they'll want Johnson to limp on for a month or two before they saddle up their new fucker, all spanking and fresh for the election.  What joy!

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Buelligan on April 19, 2022, 03:56:32 PMif Johnson loses that vote, his days are over...I don't think he will but it does put all the tory MPs in a bit of a quandary - how does it look in the constituency if you vote not to investigate?...

I'm not so sure on that, this has been spun out and talked around for so long even a finding of having lied to the house can be couched in philosophical mumbling about not knowing you were lying, or having a sincere belief you were telling the truth while you were lying and the splice point of knowledge, truth and very-technical-definitions-of-parties-at-that-point-during-lockdown.

Similarly easy to parry a no vote with the belief that we have the legal judgement and an apology, anything else is theatre: let's not waste time when we could be focusing on the war - anyone that asks for that reasoning will be left fuming, but fuck-em, they're the kind of people that ask.

Buelligan

I didn't really mean that, what I meant was, if enough tory MPs are willing to stand up and vote to investigate him for lying to the House, it shows that his power over the parliamentary party is greatly diminished.  And that means, the tories will end him.  They always do.

Zero Gravitas

What's power compared to usefulness, and if you can bumble though without this sticking you're still useful.

Buelligan

You may well be right.  Whatever happens, we can be sure that the next Prime Minister of the UK will be a cunt, unless we all die first, of course.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ferris on April 19, 2022, 04:02:07 PMYeah but she's established her smirky role as a panto villain which will play very nicely on the after dinner speech market. I'm the politician you love to hate!

Get your cheque books out JPM, cos this is gonna cost ya!

Or will we see a new, ethnically diverse Monday Club emerge?

Fambo Number Mive

Labour need to try and get every Cabinet Minister to comment on the scandal. None of them are going to be disloyal and whichever one becomes the next PM, the comments on the scandal can be used against them at the next election.

Ferris

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 19, 2022, 04:20:53 PMOr will we see a new, ethnically diverse Monday Club emerge?

Nah, I think she's running her political capital into the ground because it's too much work to do a good job. All with an eye on the career afterwards: The One Show/Loose Women sofa, an LBC show, maybe a few books (kids ones, obviously, because they take less effort) and a board role or two at a bank or university.

All financially underpinned by speaking tours for large multinationals, of course. Why try hard when you can fail your way into that kind of gilded and lucrative lifestyle?

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Fambo Number Mive

Anyone else watching Johnson's half arsed apology in the house?

The MP for Rossendale and Darwen has claimed that his constituents will all agree with him that Johnson's apology was contrite. As if he can read all his constituents' minds on this.

Tom Hunt claiming that the debate on partygate plays into Putin's hands. As if Putin is scared in any way by Johnson being in power.

Something was going wrong with the cameras in the House of Commons at one point - did someone call Johnson a cunt and they had to censor it?

Labour should be taping PMQs and using footage of people like Tom Hunt licking the Prime Minister's arse if Johnson goes before the next election.

Fambo Number Mive

Sammy Wilson saying any objective listener will realise Johnson's apology is genuine. Knob.

jobotic

Seems like the plan is he does the apologising and his lickspittles do the "screw you, he does what he wants".

Norton Canes

The next two number ones on the BBC FOUR TOTP repeats will be 'End of the Road' and 'Would I Lie To You?'. Just sayin'.

Zero Gravitas

He does this instance of apologising against a continuing background noise of lickspittles doing the "screw you, he does what he wants".

idunnosomename

Boris should have taken his shirt off and stood there tweaking his own nipples, waggling his tongue about while making strange groaning sounds

Ben Bradley and that would still back him up

Fambo Number Mive

Richard Drax claiming it took courage for Johnson to go to Ukraine. He wouldn't have gone if there was the slightest risk of danger.

Zero Gravitas

Starmer's response reminds me of a particularly talented and deep voiced year 6 child reciting the crimes of king Herod at nativity.