Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Murray

Started by Custard, April 24, 2022, 11:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/apr/22/bill-murray-reportedly-accused-of-inappropriate-behaviour-on-film-set

Doesn't say what he's been accused of, but that doesn't look good, an entire production shutting down due to his "inappropriate behaviour"

touchingcloth

Film written by Aziz Ansari as well. This doesn't look good for Venkman.

JamesTC

Hope the film pulls through.

up_the_hampipe

New York Post's Page Six are saying he was "handsy" with women on set https://pagesix.com/2022/04/23/bill-murray-allegedly-handsy-with-women-on-aziz-ansari-set/

Not sure how trustworthy that is, but that's the word at the moment. This incident seems to finally be bringing more attention to Murray's history of nastiness. Tough break for Aziz.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Any articles on that? Hadn't heard any previous allegations against him

druss

He looks like a sex offender so it is almost certainly true.

up_the_hampipe

Custard

There was that thing from the early 00s of him being such a twat to Lucy Lui on the set of Charlie's Angels that she ended up headbutting him (allegedly. Though she definitely did. Allegedly)

Milquetoast

Plenty of incidents reported over the decades. Usually ascribed to him being 'difficult' or a 'loveable rogue', but have always sounded an awful lot like bullying to me.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Milquetoast on April 24, 2022, 11:39:40 PMPlenty of incidents reported over the decades. Usually ascribed to him being 'difficult' or a 'loveable rogue', but have always sounded an awful lot like bullying to me.

Yeah, I got the impression he was more of an arsehole/bully than a pest.

I suppose I should get my Kingpin re-watch out the way before it all comes out!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Custard on April 24, 2022, 11:37:02 PMThere was that thing from the early 00s of him being such a twat to Lucy Lui on the set of Charlie's Angels that she ended up headbutting him (allegedly. Though she definitely did. Allegedly)

Apparently Murray actually headbutted the director, whereas Lucy Liu just took a swing at Murray. Sounded like a fun shoot!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 24, 2022, 11:44:48 PMApparently Murray actually headbutted the director, whereas Lucy Liu just took a swing at Murray. Sounded like a fun shoot!

The movie version of a The Police production. Liu had 'YOU FUCKING CUNT' as post-its on her shoes.

Harry Badger

Weren't there a lot of reports a few years back of him either showing his cock or groping other men's cocks then saying "nobody will ever believe you"?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Harry Badger on April 24, 2022, 11:48:37 PMWeren't there a lot of reports a few years back of him either showing his cock or groping other men's cocks then saying "nobody will ever believe you"?

I thought the "nobody will believe you" was some internet, possibly reddit meme of him doing stuff, like stealing people's chips.

Not trying to downplay actual abuse, but I thought that was one of those things that might've happened once-or-twice then took a life of its own.

touchingcloth

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

flotemysost

Wonder if this place'll be due a rebrand:

I mean, their official line (as they never got sign-off from the actor) is that it's named after some old Earl, William Murray. Probably still not an ideal turn of events for a comedy venue weathering the aftermath of the last couple of years though.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Isn't that Richard Pryor? He had a long history of spousal abuse.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

[tag]Pryor convictions[/tag]

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: flotemysost on April 25, 2022, 12:50:20 AMWonder if this place'll be due a rebrand:

I mean, their official line (as they never got sign-off from the actor) is that it's named after some old Earl, William Murray. Probably still not an ideal turn of events for a comedy venue weathering the aftermath of the last couple of years though.

Surely nobody's ever read the sign of that pub, they're too busy wondering why they've painted Mr Bean next to Richard Pryor?

Keebleman

Was that portrait of Pryor painted while he was actually being shagged by Marlon Brando?

buttgammon

Quote from: Keebleman on April 25, 2022, 01:10:04 AMWas that portrait of Pryor painted while he was actually being shagged by Marlon Brando?

While Rowan Atkinson watched in amused disbelief.

jobotic

Quote from: Custard on April 24, 2022, 11:37:02 PMThere was that thing from the early 00s of him being such a twat to Lucy Lui on the set of Charlie's Angels that she ended up headbutting him (allegedly. Though she definitely did. Allegedly)

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 24, 2022, 11:44:48 PMApparently Murray actually headbutted the director, whereas Lucy Liu just took a swing at Murray. Sounded like a fun shoot!

Worth it though. What a film!

Custard

Blimey, I'd heard he and Richard Dreyfuss didn't get on on the What About Bob set, but I always just assumed it was a load of tame ego-driven willy waving. Assualting female producers and lobbing ashtrays at faces? Oof

I love Murray's work, and I did think he seemed like a mostly good egg, so I hope this doesn't open the floodgates to loads of horrible stories. So far it appears he's been overly aggressive with co-stars and others on set, over the years. Not really cancel worthy, however shitty, but the new (so far) rumours about him putting his arm around female waists, and stroking their ponytails is a bit worrying. And it's not like he did this twenty or thirty years ago, it was this month!

Fucks sake, isn't it easy - maybe don't touch co-workers or anyone else who is not expecting you to touch them. However jokey or innocent it's meant. The person you're doing it to doesn't know your intentions. Bloody hell

He was apparently a complete nightmare on the set of Scrooged, not in abusive way but basically refusing to stay on script or listen to direction.

I get the feeling he's been allowed to get away with a lot on film sets for years(the complaints about him from other films seem to back this up), with crews having to indulge his behaviour because of his status. But this time it seems like it's come back to bite him on the arse.

I wonder if the era of the big "asshole" actors getting away with murder like this has passed, would like someone like Brando get away with half the shit he did on his films nowadays?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on April 25, 2022, 09:14:56 AMwould like someone like Brando get away with half the shit he did on his films nowadays?

Probably less butter.

bgmnts

Always assumed he was a bit of a cunt to be honest. At this point, it's just safe to assume someone in any position of power, fame and influence is going to be a twat.

Paul Calf

Thought he'd died when I read the thread title. Somehow this is worse.