Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Young Ones re-release DVD question

Started by madhair60, December 23, 2019, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Oh is he seeking Region 1?  I missed that.

mjwilson

I know it's not the main point but why would you make a special edition and give it such painfully dreary artwork?

dumpster

To @Magnum Valentino not a problem my friend.  Not a wasted tenner either because I think the extras on the HMV set are different to what I already have.  I now have the union Jack one coming, so between the 3 sets I've got everything I wanted really. 

Just to add, watching it tonight.  Vyvian sets fire to Ricks bed. Just watch Vyvians face and demeanor as he takes the matches from his pocket. It's just perfect. The bed catches fire and he could not care less. Absolutely incredible acting from a group of comedians who probably had no idea how good they really were.  It's such a beautiful, perfectly executed, mess.  Love every second.

dumpster

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: dumpster on April 28, 2022, 10:48:32 PMTo @Magnum Valentino not a problem my friend.  Not a wasted tenner either because I think the extras on the HMV set are different to what I already have.  I now have the union Jack one coming, so between the 3 sets I've got everything I wanted really. 

Just to add, watching it tonight.  Vyvian sets fire to Ricks bed. Just watch Vyvians face and demeanor as he takes the matches from his pocket. It's just perfect. The bed catches fire and he could not care less. Absolutely incredible acting from a group of comedians who probably had no idea how good they really were.  It's such a beautiful, perfectly executed, mess.  Love every second.

Glad to hear it! I'm not above having multiple copies of films (Apocalypse Now, Halloween, Night of the Living Dead spring to mind) just to have a comprehensive set of extras so sounds like it's worked out.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: magval on December 23, 2019, 04:51:23 PMThe 3-disc boxset has less cuts than those original DVDs. Subterranean Homesick Blues and the racist policeman are back in, but I don't know if they're fully uncut. Extras are decent too.

I have the BBC "great comedy" versions of the young ones and subterranean homesick blues is missing but the racist policeman is there uncut. I just bought the union jack box set to see what was cut and what was left in.

Does anyone know why the courtroom scene from "Sick" has disappeared on the iPlayer version?

Uncle TechTip

The iplayer versions are 30 min edits so probably just cut for time. Though despite my deep familiarity with the show I can't immediately think what that is?

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 07, 2022, 01:36:35 PMThe iplayer versions are 30 min edits so probably just cut for time. Though despite my deep familiarity with the show I can't immediately think what that is?

It's the scene towards the end of the episode where Rick dreams that he's on trial for murder, only for it to transform into an erotic dream where scantily-clad ladies in the dock offer to take their clothes off for him.

Gurke and Hare

Fuck's sake, why would you edit for time something that's on a streaming service? Modern media is bullshit.

The 30 minute edits were made years ago for if when they were repeated in a 30 minute slot. Don't know why the iplayer has those versions though, could even just have been a mistake.

Glebe

GOLD have been rerunning their TYO doco of late. 40th anniversary this year, be a shame if there's nowt to mark it.

lauraxsynthesis

Alexei, Lise & Nigel have started recording commentaries to be put out by Alexei's podcast on Youtube but they've hit YT's copyright barrier

Glebe

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on June 07, 2022, 05:24:44 PMAlexei, Lise & Nigel have started recording commentaries to be put out by Alexei's podcast on Youtube but they've hit YT's copyright barrier

Ah balls. Pity.