Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Daily Mail front page is claiming Kier Starmer breached lockdown rules by having a birthday gathering on September 2nd, even though we weren't in lockdown on that date, coronavirus regulations at the time allowed the gathering and the Daily Mail's front page on that day was shouting at people to stop working from home and go back to working in offices.

This is the same Daily Mail that was telling us to move on from lockdown breaches in response to Tory politicians in government actually being found guilty of lockdown breaches and receiving FPNs.

Meanwhile the Mirror reports that the Tory MP who wants police to reinvestigate Starmer's group work pizza had a group work curry in the same week: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-who-wants-police-26826391

Is the Mail annoyed about Labour pledging to scrap non-dom status?

Fambo Number Mive

A Tory peer has had their home on the Isle of Man raided as part of a police investigation:

QuoteThe London home of Tory peer Michelle Mone has been raided as part of a police fraud probe into multi-million pound PPE deals relating to a company she has been linked to.

The National Crime Agency is investigating deals by PPE Medpro, a company set up by a business associate of Baroness Mone.

Her £11m London home, owned by an offshore company linked to her husband's Isle of Man business, is one of a string of properties raided by NCA officers this week.

It is understood a special unit within the NCA have been looking into the allegations for a year.

PPE Medpro won more than £200m in Covid contracts from the Department for Health in 2020 after Baroness Mone referred the firm to the Cabinet Office via the so-called "VIP lane"...

Obviously having ones home raided by the police doesn't mean you are guilty of anything, but I thought it was still of interest.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/michelle-mones-home-raided-police-26827493

Fambo Number Mive

And here's another example of "cancel culture" not being an issue when it's not something that can be used against the left:

QuoteA charity that champions the employment rights of pregnant women and new mothers has been dropped from a government advisory board after posting critical tweets.

In recent months, senior Tories including the culture secretary Nadine Dorries and her predecessor Oliver Dowden have taken pains to position themselves as champions of free speech, decrying "cancel culture".

So it came as a surprise to Maternity Action, the charity said, when it was removed from the group tasked with advising on workplace discrimination after its director aired her views on social media about the limited scope of the board and a lack of progress.

Ros Bragg tweeted: "We have an advisory board looking at 'non-legislative improvements' to reduce maternity discrimination which will meet quarterly until March 2023. No action plan. No recommendations for legislative change." After highlighting recommendations from the sector, she added: "Disappointing".

The charity told the Observer that officials referred to the tweets when it was told it would be removed.

The Department for Business, Enterprise and Industrial Strategy [BEIS] has not denied the decision was based on Bragg's tweets...

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/may/01/government-drops-maternity-charity-after-critical-tweets

Blinder Data

If anyone has ever wanted to see pig being roasted alive on telly, I would recommend Susannah Reid's interview with the PM on Good Morning Britain this morning.

The most jaw-dropping bit was when Johnson heard a tale of how an OAP sits on buses all day to keep warm and immediately responds to let everyone know that as Mayor of London he introduced the specific fare that allowed her to sit on buses all day.

Butchers Blind

Even now having lived through all of it, I'm still staggered how this utter shit of a human being made it to Prime Minister.

Fambo Number Mive

At 6.20 so far. Not happy with Susanna Reid's focus on how the refugees are women and children to criticise the visa delays - surely the visa delays would be just as bad if the refugees were men?

EDIT: Just finished it.

olliebean

17:02 - "Do you know who's not getting their payments uprated in line with inflation? It's people on benefits. Why not?"
- "For the reason that I've given. We don't want to."

Sometimes he says exactly what he means.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently Johnson even lied about introducing the 24 hour bus pass.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteWhen asked if someone using a food bank was merely "feeling the pinch", Environment Minister George Eustice told the BBC: "They are, yes.

I think most people using food banks are in a worse situation than "feeling the pinch"

QuoteIn an earlier interview with Sky News, Mr Eustice suggested shoppers could choose value brands to help cope with rising food prices.

Mr Eustice said: "Generally speaking, what people find is by going for some of the value brands rather than own-branded products - they can actually contain and manage their household budget."

While buying own value food is a way people can save money, I doubt that alone enables people to "contain and manage their household budget".

bgmnts

I feel like the only way to get these cunts to even understand what it's like to live as a poor person in a capitalist system under these horrid bastards is to just put them out on the streets for a few months.

Then we'll see who is just feeling the pinch.

HATE all these cunts. I hate them so much it's really sad.

Imagine seeing Tesco and Sainsbury's panicking over Aldi nicking all their customers and thinking that people aren't already aware that there are cheaper alternatives to big brands.

"Guys, I know things are tough, but have you heard of a little place called Primark?"

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: bgmnts on May 04, 2022, 12:35:51 PMI feel like the only way to get these cunts to even understand what it's like to live as a poor person in a capitalist system under these horrid bastards is to just put them out on the streets for a few months.

Then we'll see who is just feeling the pinch.

HATE all these cunts. I hate them so much it's really sad.
I'm sure they understand how bad it is, they just don't care.

"I've just heard about this great shop where you can get lots of household essentials for just one pound each. It's called Poundland. It was only founded 22 years ago, so you might not have heard of it."

Butchers Blind

"Have these people not tried going through other people's bins?"

Paul Calf

Mr_Simnock

Psybro

I'm fuming that Eustice has waited until I've done my month's wages on Waitrose free range duck eggs to make an omelette to tell me this.

Alberon

We probably need a general Tory incompetence thread. Grant Shapps has just played a blinder.

QuoteSadiq Khan, the Labour mayor of London, announced today that the Elizabeth line - the long-awaited central section of the Crossrail project, linking the west of London to Canary Wharf and east London.

Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, claimed that the announcement was a breach of the purdah rules, that supposedly stop major announcements that could affect voting being made during the election period. He said he would report reporting Khan to the Electoral Commission. He said:

QuoteThis announcement is an act of breathtaking political cynicism by the mayor, breaking election rules on such announcements in an effort to garner votes the day before the local elections in London. I am therefore immediately referring this breach to the Electoral Commission for investigation.

Londoners reading this unscrupulous headline grab might like to know that the government has poured billions into Crossrail to solve delays clocked up on the mayor's watch, while propping up a transport system hobbled financially by his chronic incompetence.

In response, Khan urged Shapps to "grow up", and said the announcement was made today by Andy Byford, Transport for London's commissioner, for practical reasons. Khan said:

QuoteThe decision to announce the opening date was made by the commissioner today for a very simple reason. We've only got 20 days to make sure that the rotas are sorted out, that the trains are ready, that the stations are ready, so that it opens on May 24. The sourpuss secretary of state for transport, I'm afraid, is another example of the government's anti-London stance.

Shapps subsequently posted his own tweet about the announcement, presenting it as a Tory achievement.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/may/04/keir-starmer-boris-johnson-national-insurance-hike-election-uk-politics-live-updates

Presumably, Shapps will be resigning later on.

idunnosomename

For some reason transport secretary Grant Shapps is the only minister who usually does the government's media interviews these days

Fambo Number Mive

Not only are Conservative Party candidates able to call themselves "Local Conservatives" on the ballot paper but they can also call themselves "Conservative Candidate – More Police, Safer Streets".

It's all entirely legal but of dubious morality.

Meanwhile "Local Conservatives" try to distance themselves from the government. If they really cared they would stand for a different party.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@TelePolitics
🇬🇧🇯🇵 Fish and vegetables grown near the old Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan can be freely sold in Britain after the Food Standards Agency scrapped a rule on radioactivity levels in produce

I await the sales of three eyed fish as seen on the Simpsons.

Fambo Number Mive

Gove doesn't think the PM should resign for breaking the rules he set and lying about it. This is what he said on GMB

QuoteFor anyone who has suffered during Covid, the thought that others broke the rules is undeniably painful and difficult.

But it is also the case that the prime minister was responsible for a series of very, very big decisions during the Covid crisis that meant we now look better than many other countries.

The idea that the prime minister should resign is bonkeroony.

Gove has also said that the government is no longer committed to its manifesto commitment of 300,000 new homes a year.

Gove was also doing silly voices while claiming that a story about a split between Number 10 and the Treasury was "over-hyped": https://twitter.com/lisanandy/status/1524298596224577536

Absolute turd of a man.

Psybro

I sort of believe that going on national TV under the influence and making a fool of yourself is a misguided tactic with Gove, whereas with Dorries it can be taken at face value.

Fambo Number Mive

Gove's interview can be seen here. He clearly made sure his tie was wonky before the interview as a distraction.

Gove is laughably claiming that Johnson "got all the big questions right" on things like the "escape from lockdown". We're being told to "look at everything in the round".

JohnnyCouncil

Mad with power this set of cunts, they know it's in the bag until 2030.

pigamus

Since he split up with Sarah Vine he has kind of gone mad hasn't he

jobotic

We can kill as many of you as we like and make money from your corpses. What you gonna do about it?