Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage

Started by Flouncer, May 04, 2022, 11:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petril

well we know America's progressed a bit. if this had happened when he was last funny, he'd have been shot dead for complaining about it. and being black.

Utter Shit

Imagine if this sort of thing caught on, would love to see Tim Vine bringing a big posse to gigs to watch his back.

idunnosomename

Now we know why Ken Dodd always had that tickling stick

The Mollusk

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 04, 2022, 03:38:01 PMNever bring a gun-knife to a knife-gun fight.

Getting your security team to break his arms looses you a bit of the moral high ground surely?

On the scale of acceptability attacking a transphobe is a bit higher up than breaking someone's arm because they attacked a transphobe, sure

But then we don't actually know if this had anything to do with his transphobic shite so

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 04, 2022, 03:31:04 PMIt's about danm time

This kind of culture could have prevented gervais

He was a decent amateur boxer I've heard.

On a side note here's a quick heads up for anyone attending a  Stewart Lee gig soon. He's prejudice against every group on earth, and he said your mum is a slag.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 04, 2022, 03:48:00 PMOn the scale of acceptability attacking a transphobe is a bit higher up than breaking someone's arm because they attacked a transphobe, sure

But then we don't actually know if this had anything to do with his transphobic shite so

Remember when Toots got a bottle on his nog, and came out to bat for the lad after the fact, not wanting for him to get locked up and key tossed for a moment of stupidity

boki

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 04, 2022, 02:43:31 PMFootage of the beating: https://twitter.com/jedsimon/status/1521749146461368320
Just in case anyone else was wondering, it's not the Jed Simon from Strapping Young Lad.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 04, 2022, 02:43:31 PMFootage of the beating: https://twitter.com/jedsimon/status/1521749146461368320

Wow that's fucked up. As soon as he was restrained that should have been the end of it. I wonder if he can sue, or maybe not since he started it? I'm sure there will be a gofundme though

frajer

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 04, 2022, 04:40:06 PMWow that's fucked up. As soon as he was restrained that should have been the end of it. I wonder if he can sue, or maybe not since he started it? I'm sure there will be a gofundme though

A geroffme would have been better.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Apart from the guy who got his arms broke? Well everyone famous is okay so that's all that matters.

The Bumlord

He doesn't look happy everyone's ok:

Goldentony

that photograph is a nice neat summary of everything

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 04, 2022, 04:40:06 PMI wonder if he can sue

Footage of grievous bodily harm perpetrated on him on Twitter? I'd guess he can sue, if he has the neck. Although he'd have to come up with a cracker of an excuse for rushing the stage with a replica gun, and the money for the legal team required to make it fly.

The beating the guy got is a message. Don't be attacking Chappelle, in fact no, have a go, you'll be picking up your teeth with a broken arm.

That was one of the things that pissed people off so much about Smith/Rock. He committed assault and then had a fun rest of the night with no immediate consequences.

This guy wasn't famous so, instantly carried off to the jailhouse with a broken arm.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 04, 2022, 04:59:38 PMHe doesn't look happy everyone's ok:

Scary broken neck asian ghost hovering the background here. Careful everyone if you accidentally see her you'll die in a week unless you break the curse by punching David Chappelle in the middle of a show which is how this whole mess probably got started.

Don't worry, he'll get the help he needs.

thenoise

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 04, 2022, 05:09:01 PMThis guy wasn't famous so, instantly carried off to the jailhouse with a broken arm.

If only there were some kind of middle ground between totally ignoring assault and hospitalising the guy long after he had been safely restrained? Is it because he was "protecting" the "honour" of "his" woman? Or because it was Will Smith?

Once again Sadowitz 20 years ahead of his time, incidentally. Wonder what happened to the cunt who knocked him out? Probably had his drinks bought for him all night.

wrec

Next special will be called Attacked, he'll read out death and rape threats from TRAs, sad bit at the end about the death of comedy due to the extreme woke left

Captain Z

I see you've played knifey-gunny before.

Captain Z

I also like how America is so fucked that if you want to smuggle a knife into a venue you disguise it as a gun.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: thenoise on May 04, 2022, 05:28:20 PMIf only there were some kind of middle ground between totally ignoring assault and hospitalising the guy long after he had been safely restrained?

I'm in two minds about it. He stormed the stage with a replica gun, he's lucky he wasn't killed because cops don't piss about in those types of scenarios. If he knew there was a cop about when he stormed the stage you could almost call it suicidal.

It seems a trend might be emerging and a broken arm might act as a deterrent. Dimebag Darrell fans will know too well what can happen.

It's surprising he got in with the replica gun, I can see security being beefed up off the back of this.

PlanktonSideburns

Can't bring myself to watch a video of someone being held down and beaten, but I'm assuming that it carries on way past any point of a threat being present? Anything after that is just a separate incident of some security guards and a comedian battering an unknown entity: could be seriously mentally ill, psychotic, etc, the idea that their fists and feet are imbuing that person, in whatever state he is in at that point, with some sort of lesson, like their breaking that person's body is a way of imparting knowledge, I feel is inarguably not true

checkoutgirl

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 04, 2022, 07:13:55 PMthe idea that their fists and feet are imbuing that person, in whatever state he is in at that point, with some sort of lesson, like their breaking that person's body is a way of imparting knowledge, I feel is inarguably not true

The lesson is for anyone else thinking of trying it.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 04, 2022, 07:56:04 PMThe lesson is for anyone else thinking of trying it.

Fair point.

Or would the lesson for next time be to snipe from the gallery

up_the_hampipe

Martin Van Buren Stan

Hearing the crowd scream in approval as the man was assaulted "yeah beat his ass!" is depressing. It doesn't take much to turn a crowd into a lynch mob

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 04, 2022, 08:04:40 PMHearing the crowd scream in approval as the man was assaulted "yeah beat his ass!" is depressing. It doesn't take much to turn a crowd into a lynch mob

I mean, he stormed the stage and attacked a performer. I get that it was excessive, but that's on the lower end of concerns here. The guy had weapons on him, so it's a good job he ended up being overwhelmed.

Video Game Fan 2000

If someone attacked Stewart Lee on stage, this forum would have constructed a wicker del out of phimosis pamphlets in less than three minutes. By five minutes, it would be aflame with the attacker inside and the everyone would be naked dancing around it chanting "throw. you. in. jail" in monotone.

Goldentony

LAPD announced they've charged him with bursting in

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 04, 2022, 08:04:40 PMHearing the crowd scream in approval as the man was assaulted "yeah beat his ass!" is depressing. It doesn't take much to turn a crowd into a lynch mob

America is a very vengeful society. The death penalty, hellish prisons, bullying in highschool. Often it's not enough to catch and imprison, they must also suffer. They want their pound of flesh.

If there was a cop with a gun there he'd be very lucky to be alive.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Goldentony on May 04, 2022, 08:34:47 PMLAPD announced they've charged him with bursting in

Does this mean he won't get his inhaler?