Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex_GC

I'll never forget his line 'make sure you peak your family over the turkey this Christmas'. It was a stark reminder how ranting about this stuff sounds to people who are not engaged with it all. Imagine sitting down to Christmas dinner and a relative mouthing off about transing children and healthy breast tissue

Ayasakura

Bad day for terfs at court:

https://www.39essex.com/a-victory-for-gillick-competence/
QuoteThe Supreme Court has refused Quincy  Bell's application for permission to appeal in the matter of Bell v Tavistock – a challenge to Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust's Gender Identity Development Service – "GIDS" – and its practice of referring patients under the age of 18 for prescription of puberty-blocking treatment.

There's going to be an angry banana around tonight.

Edit: Haha, beat me by 10 secs @Ayasakura

Ayasakura

QDRPHNC

Elfking

To the shock of probably no one here a large study has been conducted and found that children who say they want to transition OVERWHELMINGLY do so or continue to want to do so.

Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1521875928317669377

pandadeath

They'll only twist those statistics as proof of the long lasting damage TRA grooming has on children - excusing it as brainwashing rather than Gender Affirming healthcare doing what it's supposed to do

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 05, 2022, 05:02:40 PMThere's going to be an angry banana around tonight.
I don't know when the last time he mentioned Bell was, could've been this morning for all I know, but I would genuinely be unsurprised to find out he'd forgotten all about her. Not in a convenient loss of interest way (which from what I can tell is the approach being taken by all the GC figureheads who lionised her), but a genuine difficulty in recalling what her story was, such is the state of his banana-frittered brain.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 05, 2022, 04:41:46 PMThis is so weird, I'm re-watching Father Ted for the first time since I learned about the Bananacuntification. I thought I'd be more uncomfortable with it, but it's still hilarious.

The weird thing is, the episode where they turn The Holy Stone into a class 2 relic, one of the Bishops is a raving, monomaniacal loon who keeps banging on about media bias written by bearded lefties. He's treated as one of the villains (hence why Father Jack rams The Holy Stone up his arse because he's annoying him so much). It's so weird that BC has become that Bishop.

I thought the same - how weird it is seeing the show after he's apparently turned into one of its villains in real life.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 05, 2022, 04:41:46 PMThis is so weird, I'm re-watching Father Ted for the first time since I learned about the Bananacuntification. I thought I'd be more uncomfortable with it, but it's still hilarious.

The weird thing is, the episode where they turn The Holy Stone into a class 2 relic, one of the Bishops is a raving, monomaniacal loon who keeps banging on about media bias written by bearded lefties. He's treated as one of the villains (hence why Father Jack rams The Holy Stone up his arse because he's annoying him so much). It's so weird that BC has become that Bishop.

Has Graham changed, or has the media changed?

Martin Van Buren Stan

dead-ced-dead

If I knew photoshop I'd do an image of Father Jack ramming the holy banana up BC's arse.

FalknerHinton

It was the prestigious Radio Academy Aria awards on Tuesday night and Stephen Nolan and his Stonewall series were nominated for four awards.

This was the series that was going to peak the world, so let's see how it went

Oh dear.

Tl;dr - World remains unpeaked

jobotic

Quote from: jobotic on May 05, 2022, 10:03:20 PMYeah but the Transphobes did win BEST SPEECH PRESENTER

They don't like EB anymore, she was too hard on Maya Forstater and Rosie Duffield for their taste.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

god that fucking nonsense in a chatroom for a court case they're allegedly invested in

every time I read TERF shenanigans I end up miming bashing myself in the face with a blunt instrument

idunnosomename

Barnett getting gold is dismal girlboss shit though. considering she scoffed at the women trafficked by her father that paid for her education that got her a leg up into the BBC to basically be a reactionary piece of shit

Barry Admin

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 05, 2022, 07:14:07 PMI don't know when the last time he mentioned Bell was, could've been this morning for all I know, but I would genuinely be unsurprised to find out he'd forgotten all about her.

Apparently one of the well known transphobes who glommed onto her also seduced and really took advantage of Bell. Can't remember the source, think it was that twitter space thing where Stella O'Malley defended Arty, and generally caused loads of irritation while clearly having no idea she was doing so.

Edit: Think it was mentioned by other transphobes after the disastrous LGB Alliance conference, actually.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 06, 2022, 12:42:04 AMApparently one of the well known transphobes who glommed onto her also seduced and really took advantage of Bell. Can't remember the source, think it was that twitter space thing where Stella O'Malley defended Arty, and generally caused loads of irritation while clearly having no idea she was doing so.

Edit: Think it was mentioned by other transphobes after the disastrous LGB Alliance conference, actually.

Interesting. I had a feeling something like this was going on.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2022, 11:38:54 PMBarnett getting gold is dismal girlboss shit though. considering she scoffed at the women trafficked by her father that paid for her education that got her a leg up into the BBC to basically be a reactionary piece of shit
I just had a fascinating and unpleasant crash course in Emma Barnett as a result of this comment. Christ's fat cock.

BennyHedgehog

Glinner is now feeling fully vindicated after the Sex Matters local elections campaign lead to a collapse of the Green and Labour vote in his head.

buttgammon

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 06, 2022, 02:38:59 AMI just had a fascinating and unpleasant crash course in Emma Barnett as a result of this comment. Christ's fat cock.

It's disgusting, isn't it? How this person feels she's in any position to talk about women's rights when she owes her privileged position to parents who gravely violated those rights is beyond me.

king_tubby

Sonny_Jim

Just grief-scrolling through the SGB and noticed this:

He literally does not care about any attribute a person might have, it's solely down to whether they agree with him on this one single issue.  He is himself pro-abortion, but because he sees the chance for a quick dunk, he'll shit on people just because they think trans people have the right to exist.

What a fucking banana.  I wonder if he's ever participated in a team sport?

Also, what is he fucking on about now:

Does anyone know why 'white feminism' is some sort of gotcha for Ron?

Quote from: king_tubby on May 06, 2022, 08:51:18 AMDO YOU WANT TO NATIONALISE SAUSAGES?????

Sweep does

phantom_power

Any movement where "beclowning" is used so often is not a legitimate movement

Sonny_Jim

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 06, 2022, 09:34:04 AMSo who is that in the hoody?  Sorry for being thick.

I may be wrong, but I think it's just meant to be "generic-Twitter-leftie-in-their-early-thirties".

Missing the beard, though.