Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Murray

Started by Custard, April 24, 2022, 11:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Shaky on April 26, 2022, 01:10:38 AMThey are enormous, to be fair.

I knew a couple of extras who were in NI-filmed flop City of Ember, and they said Bill was quite the "character" on set - running around in his fat suit, making flirty remarks, pulling hair, giving people piggy-backs and generally being the life and soul of the party. This was all taken in good humour. Thinking about it now, though, if it was anyone else in any other line of work, that sort of behaviour could easily be annoying or even offensive.

And I love the guy's work, but his treatment of Harold Ramis is the thing that really sticks in my craw.

I hope we get to the stage that simply being 'a character' is enough to get you fired and socially ostracized forever. Hate those bastards with their desperate need to be noticed and liked.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: jamiefairlie on April 26, 2022, 05:12:58 AMI hope we get to the stage that simply being 'a character' is enough to get you fired and socially ostracized forever. Hate those bastards with their desperate need to be noticed and liked.

So all actors basically.

biggins chris

Quote from: flotemysost on April 25, 2022, 12:50:20 AMWonder if this place'll be due a rebrand:

I mean, their official line (as they never got sign-off from the actor) is that it's named after some old Earl, William Murray. Probably still not an ideal turn of events for a comedy venue weathering the aftermath of the last couple of years though.

The A in Murray is backwards.

Edit: Blimey, and the M. Definitely due a rebrand.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 25, 2022, 02:56:36 PMI really don't like this "handsy" word they keep using, it sounds like something a child would say. "My client has been falsely accused of being rapesy and killsy, m'lud".
Sounds like the inevitable Russel Brand trial

thenoise

Quote from: Shaky on April 26, 2022, 01:10:38 AMThey are enormous, to be fair.

And Bill appears to not only not be wearing his glasses but to have broken them clean in two (though they remain miraculously round his neck). Maybe he is hoping that they will cushion his fall next time.

beanheadmcginty

The Bill Murray used to be called The Mucky Pup. It was my local for a decade or so. Two streets away from Boris Johnson's house. I used to stagger back from a Wednesday quiz night lock in and see the cunt jibberjabbering to himself on his bike ride home. If I'd known what I do now etc.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Yes it's true. This man is a dick.

oy vey

To be fair we haven't heard his gropey hands and cock's side of the story yet.

madhair60

I hope he's innocent but gets dragged through the mud and loses everything; just for Zombieland

Cuntbeaks

AsparagusTrevor

Mr Trumpet

The Copfeeling Limited

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

EDIT: Nah.

kalowski

I always find it weird to hear other actors referring to him as "Billy". He's Bill Murray. He's not Billy Murray.
OK, perhaps it's only Chevy Chase but it's still one Billy too many.

wrec

Quote from: kalowski on May 02, 2022, 10:16:56 PMI always find it weird to hear other actors referring to him as "Billy". He's Bill Murray. He's not Billy Murray.

It's a very luvvie thing. In (the good) Brian Cox's recent autobiography it's all Tony Hopkins, Johnny Hurt and Larry Olivier

beanheadmcginty

Isn't Billy Murray the bloke from The Bill and Rise of the Footsoldier?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: wrec on May 02, 2022, 10:28:08 PMIt's a very luvvie thing. In (the good) Brian Cox's recent autobiography it's all Tony Hopkins, Johnny Hurt and Larry Olivier

Gerdie Muller

jamiefairlie

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 03, 2022, 12:12:21 AMIsn't Billy Murray the bloke from The Bill and Rise of the Footsoldier?

Billy Fury

Andy147

Quote from: wrec on May 02, 2022, 10:28:08 PMIt's a very luvvie thing. In (the good) Brian Cox's recent autobiography it's all Tony Hopkins, Johnny Hurt and Larry Olivier

Dear, dear Larry.

oy vey

I looked at the tits Ray.

Video Game Fan 2000

Shaky

Quote from: oy vey on May 06, 2022, 08:51:06 PMI looked at the tits Ray.

Egon says that, mate. Egon.

Small Man Big Horse

More info has been revealed:

QuoteNumerous sources said Murray allegedly straddled and, through a mask, kissed a "much younger" female on the production who was "horrified." That staffer "interpreted his actions as entirely sexual."

Sounds pretty horrible to me, so it'll be interesting to see if they finish the film or end up giving up on it.

pigamus

I hope, in his cell, there's a clock radio that plays I Got You Babe over and over again

Terry Torpid

Straddled? Like, she was on the ground for some reason, fixing a cable to whatever, and he gets down on top of her? Ooh that's very rum. That's not just an off-colour joke.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Terry Torpid on October 11, 2022, 03:48:16 PMStraddled? Like, she was on the ground for some reason, fixing a cable to whatever, and he gets down on top of her? Ooh that's very rum. That's not just an off-colour joke.

They were near a bed on the set and he pushed her down on it. Great guy, hilarious bit.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 01, 2022, 04:06:02 PMBilly says it was all just a joke that backfired https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/apr/30/bill-murray-admits-behaviour-on-set-towards-a-woman-led-to-halt-to-film
One of those jokes that causes you to pay the joke's recipient $100,000 and for an entire half-finished movie to be cancelled. You know, the really funny kind.