Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last tune you played 5 times in a row

Started by Rocket Surgery, December 30, 2017, 07:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

total sound of the summer for me. his stuff has been slapstick fun before now, but this new album of his Le Piano, is as lush as a limonchello by the pool

Ferris

The Morning Fog by Kate Bush

Just lovely.

Neomod

Wonderful Butternut

(Am trying to learn to play it tho'. Maybe that doesn't count)

homesickalien

Went to my local focus Wales festival  in Wrexham this weekend.

TBH I haven't appreciated that Wrexham has a decent music scene and so was very surprised to learn of this local duo called Mooi.  They existed from 1995 – 2007 having met in college and then drifted apart and have never played together since.

Anyway they played live for the first time in 15 years (just the song 'Million stars'). They sung in the main church of Wrexham which is beautiful.

Maybe the standalone song won't impact you like it did for me (them being local to me might be a big factor) but it was just so touching seeing two obviously very close friends of my sort of generation having moved on with their lives but together again in this beautiful church with angelic voices...almost brings tears to my eyes tbh, really highlighted the impact context can have.

https://mooi04.bandcamp.com/releases

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: homesickalien on May 08, 2022, 08:40:00 PMWent to my local focus Wales festival  in Wrexham this weekend.

TBH I haven't appreciated that Wrexham has a decent music scene

Art School Girlfriend is from Wrexham.

Cuellar

itsfredtitmus

of montreal - wicked wisdom

https://youtu.be/-QX4ic5GtSQ?list=PLNitVGYNCIxHbXnEcenk0vRD1YNRU9emp

i know he has an album schedule like taylor swift but i still miss kevin barnes/of montreal

SteveDave

Ever since The Mollusk recommended "Till Dej" by Mikael Ramel in February, I think I've listened to at least one song of his a day. Today I've listened to this one 5 times in a row, from his second album "Extra Vagansa"

Yesterday I listened to "Gertcha" by Chas N Dave (not Mikael) over and over. I'm not linking that one though...

Bently Sheds

Circus Mircus - Georgia's entry for Eurovision 2022.

Failed to qualify for the final, which is a travesty when you see some of the dreck that got through (like the Aussie lad on an endless staircase with a jewelled fly screen on his face).

Head Gardener

Ferris

As tedious Ferris-fans will know, I'm a huge Mountain Goats fan, and as a result have really been getting into piano 5th chords (especially bass register/dominant ones).

Anywy this song is deceptively clever on the piano part after I figured it out and I've just been enjoying the vocals as a bonus. It's great.

SpiderChrist

Neomod

Thanks to Lazyhour's podcast I've been binging on A S H B Y.

Like St Etienne, Pizzicato 5 and Stereolab having a fight in a van.

Lovely stuff.

phes

feel like I'm being waterboarded a melted 99

Neomod

the science eel

DO you really sometimes play songs five times in a row?

I never HOID of such a thing!

Ferris

buzby

Daytime Coma, a fantastic 15-minute neo-prog epic off Archive's current album Call To Arms & Angels:

Neomod

Brooksies Nightclub | 1984

Electric Youth | Final Girl

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

Martin Van Buren Stan