Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Little & Large Xmas special 1980. Extraordinary.

Started by Brundle-Fly, December 22, 2012, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

The YouTube channel that that episode of the Mike and Bernie show in the other thread is on has an episode of our boys' Thames show. A rare early glimpse of that magic!

Brundle-Fly

Did they get Tucker Jenkins to design the title card on the front of his maths exercise book?

Alberon

I watched some of that, not a criticism of Syd and Eddie, but that first routine is shot almost entirely from one camera. Syd seemed to have less to do than normal in that as well. Eddie just went straight from one impersonation to the next without even a hint of anything from Syd.

So that's what Little and Large looks like with a smaller budget and no sketches to break up the Eddie interrupting Syd routine.

Fambo Number Mive

Comedians having a more variety style show seems to be something that doesn't happen these days. I imagine it must be easier to satisfy the audience at one of these variety style shows as even if they don't find the comedians headlining the show funny they will probably enjoy the other acts. Imagine Little and Large or Mike and Bernie Winters doing a show where it was just them doing an hour of stand up, songs and jokes. I do wonder how many people watched the Little and Large shows for Little and Large and how many watched for their musical guests.

Brundle-Fly

What I've suddenly realised about old British double acts this week is that the straight man often seemed to stand stage left. That's why Peter Glaze was a maverick in his various comedy duos.

grainger

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 08, 2022, 02:18:20 PMDid they get Tucker Jenkins to design the title card on the front of his maths exercise book?

Is that graphic saying that Large is the dark shadow of Little?

kalowski

I watched some of it and, you know, Eddie is good. His timing is great, his impressions are alright and he gets the attention. Fuck knows what mystic or financial hold supersonic had in him because unshackled from that talentless plank who knows what he could have done.

Well, that's my hot take.
*Steps back in amazement*

Alberon

I can see why he needs someone else, otherwise it's just a guy wandering on stage and blasting out a stream of random impressions.

Admittedly for all Syd does all Eddie needs is a cardboard cutout.

The ITV show is from the early days. Into the BBC years and Syd does do more as time goes on (except during their main routine, of course).

Has there ever been a more unbalanced double act on the telly, though?

Gurke and Hare

Choreography by Arlene Phillips. She doesn't mention that much these days does she?

DrGreggles

Balderdash just tweeted this photo

and I don't like this thread being on page 3

TheGingerAlien

Glebe

We missed this from earlier in the year!:

Official portrait of comedian Eddie Large unveiled in resort.

Linda Lusardi on Twitter:

QuoteBeautiful portrait of Eddie Large unveiled at Winter Gardens Blackpool today. Here with his partner Sid Little of Little & Large  ❤️

Looking well with the beard Syd!

Alberon

Looks more like a 70s Sicilian gangster that our Eddie.

Glebe

Quote from: Alberon on August 07, 2022, 09:02:50 PMLooks more like a 70s Sicilian gangster that our Eddie.

Syd looks like James Galway!

Sonny_Jim

TheGingerAlien

Bennett Brauer

kalowski

Quote from: Glebe on August 07, 2022, 08:59:04 PMWe missed this from earlier in the year!:

Official portrait of comedian Eddie Large unveiled in resort.

Linda Lusardi on Twitter:

Looking well with the beard Syd!
I still think this is the best reply to Linda Lusardi's tweet:
QuoteHi Linda my name is Joseph can you follow me so we can get to know one anther

Glebe

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on August 08, 2022, 10:56:36 AMSeems to resemble a friendly cobbler

Went to one of their conventions but it was just a load of old-

Video Game Fan 2000

Glebe

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Glebe on August 07, 2022, 08:59:04 PMWe missed this from earlier in the year!

QuoteThe comedian's family were there, along with some well known invited guests, including fellow funnymen Roy Walker and Tommy Cannon.

Can't believe we didn't get an invite!

The Bumlord

Quote from: kalowski on August 08, 2022, 01:22:01 PMI still think this is the best reply to Linda Lusardi's tweet:

Could you not dox me please

Glebe

Sonny_Jim

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Glebe on August 08, 2022, 01:53:14 PMWent to one of their conventions but it was just a load of old-

Blank. Lovely Liza Goddard....

beanheadmcginty

Glad Lusardi's looking so well. Last I heard she was dying of covid.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 09, 2022, 02:19:27 PMGlad Lusardi's looking so well. Last I heard she was dying of covid.

And people say she's just a big pair of tits