Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Alan Partridge music moment

Started by bgmnts, May 11, 2022, 05:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I associate a lot of music with Alan over the past decade or so and so I'm wondering what your favourite Partridge music related segment or bit is? ABBA medley? It Started With a Kiss singalong? Miming to Roachford?

BJBMK2

Can we have the DJ intros?

"As I said to my girlfriend only last week, You Be FortyFour."

PammySpacek

Miming to the bass of Gary Numan's "Music For Chameleons".

bgmnts

Quote from: BJBMK2 on May 11, 2022, 06:09:01 PMCan we have the DJ intros?

I might have to put my foot down and say only bits that incorporate the music or alan singing.

BeardFaceMan

Drumming along to the Return of the Saint (I think?) theme music in his car while Lynn is at her mother's grave, he's just so into it.

The Guppy

Just to reemphasise one more time, her contract has been terminated.

DO YOU
YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME DO YOU
YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME DO YOU

QDRPHNC

DrGreggles

When he comes in too high on Thank You For The Music

madhair60

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 11, 2022, 06:31:40 PMKate Bush medley was good.

That was the most I've ever laughed in public when I saw that live.

Did Alan do a song in the '...and less successful characters' live show? 'Under Pressure' rings a bell.

Fake Edit: Yes, he did.

Genuine Edit: He also did Queen for the CPR bit in This Time...

kalowski

The "take a chance" bit if the ABBA medley is brilliant, as is the aforementioned "You don't remember me, DO YOU!"
Cuddly Toy is the highlight of Alpha Papa, just amazing, including the bit about the fog lights which is just my dad!

Quote from: kalowski on May 11, 2022, 08:39:06 PMThe "take a chance" bit if the ABBA medley is brilliant

As is the '...rolling the ball!' bit.

kalowski

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 11, 2022, 08:40:52 PMAs is the '...rolling the ball!' bit.
Actually watched it the other day and really liked the force he gives "FERNANDO"

Yeah, it is good, but I'm an idiot because 'Rolling the Ball' was of course the Kate Bush medley.

Check out this dunce.

petril

Gaudete was an inspired choice, with the frightening intensity. that look and nod as well. oozing the energy of a man who's due to appear behind a newsreader's shoulder for a report that involves the words missing, found, walker, dog and woods

Uncle TechTip

The keyboard introduction to An Afternoon With Alan Partridge/Sue Cook - "a few gremlins there"

wrec

Quote from: PammySpacek on May 11, 2022, 06:13:49 PMMiming to the bass of Gary Numan's "Music For Chameleons".

Quintessentially Alan but also entirely relatable.

Also: JET!

kalowski

What does he sing to the receptionist in IAP1? I think it's Kate Bush but can't remember.

non capisco

Quote from: kalowski on May 11, 2022, 10:04:21 PMWhat does he sing to the receptionist in IAP1? I think it's Kate Bush but can't remember.

'Wuthering Heights'. Me and a workmate got stuck in an annoying habit of singing "Ooh, it gets dark!" in a Partridge voice when observing dusk through the window.

kalowski

Quote from: non capisco on May 11, 2022, 10:07:12 PM'Wuthering Heights'. Me and a workmate got stuck in an annoying habit of singing "Ooh, it gets dark!" in a Partridge voice when observing dusk through the window.
Thank you.

The catchiest AP singing must be Alan Partridge from the oasthouse

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: BJBMK2 on May 11, 2022, 06:09:01 PMCan we have the DJ intros?

These are worth a thread of their own.

"Now, his kids may have two dads but his music meets with everyone's approval. It's Elton John".

EDIT: On topic, the bit in the KMKY ABBA medley where he has to drop down an octave after "SO I SAY" in order to hit the "Thank you for the music" line is sublime.

The Late Mike Morris

Pretty girl be aware of his web of sin...BUT DON'T GO IN

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 11, 2022, 07:12:45 PMWhen he comes in too high on Thank You For The Music

Oops, missed this.

It's so great though. I play in a band whose singer is a big AP fan, and he or I will occasionally exclaim "So I say..." as shorthand for "We need to take this down a key or two" when it becomes apparent he won't hit the high notes.

non capisco

Quote from: The Late Mike Morris on May 11, 2022, 10:40:52 PMPretty girl be aware of his web of sin...BUT DON'T GO IN

His little inaccurate trumpet blast after "It's the kiss of DEATH from Mr....GoldFINGERRRRR" is one of my favourite bits in IAP1.

Captain Z

Oh, yes. Several times I have found myself walking down an overgrown footpath near a busy road and had Goldfinger on a loop in my head.

iamcoop

"I was going to play London Calling by The Clash but it's awful."

Gurke and Hare

non capisco

My favourite song intro is probably "He is, and hopefully soon to be was, a very unpleasant individual. A bit like.....Jamiroquai!"