Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:33:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guppy

Oh-oo-oh, you think you're special
Oh-oo-oh, you think you're something else
Okay, so you're a novelist

That don't impress me much
So you got the brains, but have you got the touch
Now don't get me wrong, I don't care you like Ted
Cause that won't keep me warm in my racing car bed
That don't impress me much

The Bumlord

frajer

Using his own hair judgement, I can only assume Linehan is some sort of thatched cottage.

mtpromises

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 11, 2022, 06:36:43 PMAre you a lesbian?

He's had some great soundbites  about his ladies lately.

"Kiera knows nothing" referring to Kiera Bell retweeting right wing "great reset" conspiracy bullshit.

On GB news he called Meghan Murphy "soft spoken".  Meghan Murphy is an obnoxious asshole.

BC is so condescending towards women, I think he views feminism as "women are pathetic and helpless and need protection".

TommyTurnips

Wow. King of women Graham Linehan does it again guys. Remember, if you meet a lady and you are unsure if she's a lesbian, just look for the short hair. That's the giveaway tell tale sign.

Dr Rock

Quote from: filthytrans on May 11, 2022, 04:14:16 PMI've been lurking these threads for a while but only just joined, and, as someone that Bananacunt has actually talked about on his shitstack, I'm glad the vast majority of people are just fucking NORMAL.

Welcome, and any other lurkers, come join the piss on Glinner party

Ex_GC

Quote from: mtpromises on May 11, 2022, 07:04:07 PMHe's had some great soundbites  about his ladies lately.

"Kiera knows nothing" referring to Kiera Bell retweeting right wing "great reset" conspiracy bullshit.

On GB news he called Meghan Murphy "soft spoken".  Meghan Murphy is an obnoxious asshole.

BC is so condescending towards women, I think he views feminism as "women are pathetic and helpless and need protection".

Meghan Murphy is attractive and I think he sees her as some sort of damsel in distress. You're so spot on that he views women as weak and helpless

Also telling a woman 'I thought you were a dyke because of your short hair'. I thought they were gender critical?

Juan K Perros

In 1671 threads from now's time, can we call the next one 'Rattle of the Boyne, 1690 bananas' please?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 11, 2022, 03:58:52 PMIt's because he was never cancelled, he just stopped doing his job. JK Rowling (JK Rowling) maybe a bananacunt too, but she does take a break every so often to write a book or movie.

I dunno, I cynically imagine some publishers/producers will be making some cost:value calculations and reckoning Rowling is much less of a roi liability than Glinner.

Partly because his obsessiveness means he probably won't do it and will spend all his time having bennies on the internet instead but also because he's obviously just a massive social hand-grenade at this point.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 07:14:39 PMAlso telling a woman 'I thought you were a dyke because of your short hair'. I thought they were gender critical?

Her response that she's not a lesbian because she's married with children also doesn't feel very GC.

FalknerHinton

I'm pretty sure I'd never call a lesbian a dyke unless I knew her extremely well, or she'd said it was ok. Definitely feels like one of those words that's not yours to use in casual conversation, but that could just be me.

mtpromises

Bit of trivia, the lesbian in that Curb Your Enthusiasm clip was on the American Gogglebox remake, The People's Couch.

pigamus

Quote from: RicoMNKN on May 11, 2022, 07:41:49 PMHer response that she's not a lesbian because she's married with children also doesn't feel very GC.

Say that to Caroline Farrow or Baroness Nicholson and you'll get short shrift.

canadagoose

Quote from: mtpromises on May 11, 2022, 07:04:07 PMI think he views feminism as "women are pathetic and helpless and need protection".
This is just GC "radical" "feminism" in a nutshell, tbh.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

fucking hell he actually said d**e

Quote from: Juan K Perros on May 11, 2022, 07:15:31 PMIn 1671 threads from now's time, can we call the next one 'Rattle of the Boyne, 1690 bananas' please?
Oh he'll be fighting with someone else entirely by the... no he'll still be cursing John Boyne's name to the skies won't he

frajer

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 11, 2022, 08:00:49 PMThe first genuinely funny thing he has said in a while.

Cribbing his best (only?) recent joke from a load of failed comedy writers. Shameful.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BananaSian on May 11, 2022, 09:09:41 PMNice interview.
Katherine Deves is married with 3 children...stay faithful girl!

Personal point...
Free speech, free press but don't marginalise eg trans eg immigrants etc!
 When a JW does wrong its right in your face in the press.

Oh Sian, you're as incomprehensible and loopy as ever. Never change.

Ex_GC

John Boyne is now the subject of a totally balanced and reasonable blog post

'John, I'm sure your name will become synonymous with the cowardice and careerism that has marked this era, but beyond that I wish you nothing but the obscurity that is the long-term reward of all mediocre authors.

Go to hell. And take care.'

jobotic

Hate Edmonds? I don't hate Edmonds, I barely even think of the man.

frajer

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 09:31:22 PMJohn Boyne is now the subject of a totally balanced and reasonable blog post

'John, I'm sure your name will become synonymous with the cowardice and careerism that has marked this era, but beyond that I wish you nothing but the obscurity that is the long-term reward of all mediocre authors.

Go to hell. And take care.'
what a pathetic bastard

Ted's speech where he settles old scores at the Golden Cleric Awards was obviously wish fulfilment for Glinner

Jumblegraws

I'll bet that Pricktus Glin wrestled with the urge to put aside his differences with Boyne before defaulting to taking a flamethrower to the bridge. And I bet he'll have bouts of remorse intermittently for the next few days. Miserable git.

wrec

Boyne duly added to his Arya Stark / Partridge in a Pear Tree list of names