Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 12, 2022, 03:56:06 PMThank you. I don't think she will, but hope springs eternal.

Sounds a bit shit :(

Very lucky that my own mum, always a wet liberal sort, is becoming increasingly left wing and intolerant of intolerance in her old age.

C_Larence

Quote from: FalknerHinton on May 12, 2022, 03:33:15 PMThis board works wonders. For example, and I grant you this is only tangentially related, seeing this gif suddenly tripped something in my stupid brain and I realised a sample in a song that had been bugging me for days was a pitched-down Lisa Simpson.

So thanks board. And for all the other neat stuff too, obviously.

What song was it?

Ex_GC

QuoteGC is now becoming the slur you use as you once did TERF. You aren't using the term in any coherent way

Cold Meat Platter

dead-ced-dead

QuoteGC is now becoming the slur you use as you once did TERF

What a horribly jumbled and confusingly phrased sentence.

He used to be a writer.

Edit: I see he didn't originate it, it was taken from a Tweet (big surprise).

JamesTC

Fucking hell, I wish I made a post earlier when talking about TERF being a slur. I was about to ask how long it would be until their new term, "GC", is a slur. Turns out it was around two hours.

Cold Meat Platter

JamesTC

canadagoose

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 12, 2022, 04:45:35 PMWhat a horribly jumbled and confusingly phrased sentence.

He used to be a writer.

Edit: I see he didn't originate it, it was taken from a Tweet (big surprise).

Yeah, from Jean "Hatchet", old-school bellend.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JamesTC on May 12, 2022, 04:49:28 PM"Banned from Twitter" is a slur.

It's a slur to suggest he write another sitcom or get a real job.

retsuza

Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist and Gender Critical are both the most toothless ways to describe a hate group, they should be thrilled that's what they're being called. And THEY came up with the terms in the first place.

Probably they just subconsiously notice that these terms are associated with the most intolerable people ever. Even people who aren't really clued into this thing know there's a disdain for TERFs.

Instead of having an Are We The Baddies introspection they decide they're the ones being victimised. Because they're being called the softest thing imaginable for a radical movement who want to take away people's rights.

BennyHedgehog

Philosophical questions being considered in the Allison Bailey tribunal:

If only there was some sort of expert in these matters they could call as a witness

The Late Satoru Iwata

Fuck it, lads. Take all their language and make them reject it. They did it with 'woke', we can smash all their nice things.

frajer

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 12, 2022, 04:59:19 PMPhilosophical questions being considered in the Allison Bailey tribunal:

If only there was some sort of expert in these matters they could call as a witness

AH: Is a man reduced to a beard?

JUDGE (wearily): 5 minute break everyone. Fuck it, make it 10, I need a cig.

jobotic

I call them "right-wing transphobic bigots". Keeps things simple.

canadagoose

Anyway, if GC is a horrible slurrrrr maybe I'll just call them transphobic stochastic terrorists from now on. Or TSTs, pronounced "testes".

Quote from: jobotic on May 12, 2022, 05:05:38 PMI call them "right-wing transphobic bigots". Keeps things simple.
Or that.

greencalx

petril

aw, we could basically get an entire language cancelled for being a slur now

imagine that, from the British Empire ruling the world to nobody even allowed to use its' main language. we could all speak Gaelic or Welsh or Irish or something instead

Barry Admin

Quote from: JamesTC on May 12, 2022, 04:46:56 PMFucking hell, I wish I made a post earlier when talking about TERF being a slur. I was about to ask how long it would be until their new term, "GC", is a slur. Turns out it was around two hours.

Can't remember the exact bit, but this is more or less what Contrapoints predicted or talked about ages ago. These groups redefine themselves when their new term becomes sullied, so they dump it and move onto the next one.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 12, 2022, 06:07:12 PMCan't remember the exact bit, but this is more or less what Contrapoints predicted or talked about ages ago. These groups redefine themselves when their new term becomes sullied, so they dump it and move onto the next one.

Right, what they object to, inherently, is the existence of a word that allows others to perform a quick categorisation, the same reason cults don't like to be called cults, and some Christians say "Christianity isn't a religion."

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on May 12, 2022, 06:09:29 PMRight, what they object to, inherently, is the existence of a word that allows others to perform a quick categorisation, the same reason cults don't like to be called cults, and some Christians say "Christianity isn't a religion."

Alt-right was thought up by that Nazi dickhead you often see getting punched in a gif (can't be arsed to look his name) as an alternative to calling yourself a white supramist.

Which shows you how dumb these people are. Alt-right might not have obvious in the beginning, but it hardly took long for people to get the idea.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on May 12, 2022, 06:17:26 PMWhich shows you how dumb these people are. Alt-right might not have obvious in the beginning, but it hardly took long for people to get the idea.

Right, it becomes an endlessly sliding scale because TERF was already a nice word for transphobe, and racist was already a nice word for hatemonger or bigot and so on. The tactic is to keep blaming the words and not the fact that poisonous ideas will eventually taint whatever label you attach to them.

FalknerHinton

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on May 12, 2022, 06:17:26 PMAlt-right was thought up by that Nazi dickhead you often see getting punched in a gif (can't be arsed to look his name)
let's all enjoy that again

dontpaintyourteeth

Solidarity with those of you with relatives that are following the bananas path. My sister has parroted the "terf is a slur" line to me before, sadly. I was told that it's a slur because it's only ever directed at women, which isn't even true, but whatever. I'm sure I'll be hearing the same about "GC" soon.

Barry Admin

Hard to believe how stupid they all are at times:

That's from the John Boyne blog, where Linehan showed precisely what would happen if someone like Matt Lucas did actually apologise to him. I.e. he would not accept, because there is more "power' in saying "no...grovel more."

Then the glincels also have this cringey shared delusion that he's gonna write a brilliant comedy about the whole thing "after it's over".

Quote from: some transphobeI for one, am looking forward to the award-winning comedy show that Glinner is going to write after all this is done and dusted, and we'll laugh and laugh and laugh. He should have enough material for years.

Working title suggestions welcome.

And the above is all that he actually wants; it's not about the rights of women and girls, it's about being worshipped for an ideal you don't and can't even live up to.