Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the most uncanny lookalike you've ever seen?

Started by non capisco, May 12, 2022, 12:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

I've just seen a picture of an ex-workmate's wife and she looks exactly like Liza Minnelli. There is no way anyone would ever meet this person for the first time and not have their first thought be "Is that not Liza Minnelli?". I expect you learn to live with it. I look enough like some famous people to get the same old comparisons every now and again but not exactly like them.

There's also one particular picture of mysterious outsider art/folk musician Jandek that is indistinguishable from my friend Michael Wiggins.

chocolate teapot

Colonel Gadaffi in Cirencester Market Place, was even dressed like him.

seepage

Micky Flanagan is a Parcelforce delivery driver [same voice as well, must do it on purpose]

Runners up:
In the 90s I worked with a Harry Hill [also same mannerisms and shirt - what are the chances, eh?]

There's an Alan Partridge is in my gaming group, including his opinions/philosophy.

kalowski

Stanley Kubrick in Kro Bar, Manchester. Mid-90s. Maybe it was him!

willbo

there's a guy who brings a large family (his spouse, his kids and other kids and relatives) to the bowling alley/play center in the mall near me sometimes. He's American or Canadian, and he is the absolute twin of a 40 year old Ted Danson. This guy is very distinctive too - he has long hair in a ponytail, and always wears rainbow stuff - rainbow belt, wristband, hairband etc. He's also quite loud and jolly. When I first saw him I thought he must be a son of Ted, but according to the internet Ted only has 2 daughters, one adopted. But if this guy wasn't 20 years too young you'd literally think he was Ted, he's an exact copy.

Replies From View

I either saw Louis Theroux or one of his clones in West Norwood a couple of weeks ago.

willbo

I helped a man I believe was Sir Ben Kingsley get on the right train to Horsham a few years ago in Clapham Station. I'm not calling him a lookalike cause I'm pretty sure it was him. I recognised him right away, even before he turned to me to ask if he was on the right platform.

I've also creeped out both Alan Moore and Jesse Eisenberg looking at them trying to remember who they are and where I knew them from, only to remember once they left the train *shame face*. Yes, I've received angry looks from both those men, one tall hairy and scary, one short American and annoying.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

There was this proper Julie Christie lookalike in a bar in Bratislava, circa 1994....oh, you know where this is going?

buttgammon

There's a bloke who looks exactly like Matt Groening that I keep seeing around. When I first noticed him, it occurred to me that it might actually be him but it's not likely that he would be repeatedly seen in Dublin over a period of at least three or four years.

the science eel

Norton Canes

turnstyle

There's a guy works down the chip shop, swears...a lot.

I think it's tourettes.

There was a bloke who drank in a local pub who was the absolute spit of celebrity hostage Terry Waite.

Jockice

An Indian version of Wardy from work. And years ago a bloke from my local pub who everybody called Shelley because he looked exactly like Hywel Bennett. Also in the 80s, Alan Humphries from Grange Hill at a Bomb The Bass concert in Sheffield. Might actually have been him. I never asked.

Also while watching the football last night it struck me that Dundee United manager Thomas Courts looks a bit like Brian Dowling. Not exact but close enough to amuse me.

Replies From View

Quote from: willbo on May 12, 2022, 07:42:03 AMI helped a man I believe was Sir Ben Kingsley get on the right train to Horsham a few years ago in Clapham Station. I'm not calling him a lookalike cause I'm pretty sure it was him. I recognised him right away, even before he turned to me to ask if he was on the right platform.

You should be careful.  History is written around such simple hypotheticals as "if Ben Kingsley had missed the train would an entire orphanage have been force fed hot gravel and received stinging nettles up their anuses".  Besides, there is no such place as "Clapham Station".

Sherringford Hovis

That Fabricant geezer looks like Alan Titchmarsh cosplaying Dougal from the Magic Roundabout.

hamfist

dontpaintyourteeth

bloke down the road who works as a prince charles impersonator. face is uncanny but he admittedly doesn't have the gouty fingers.

Years ago there was a taxi driver in my home town who was the spitting image of the King from a set of playing cards - specifically the King of Spades design that you get in a lot of packs.

Just imagine the King of Spades behind the wheel of a burgundy-coloured Ford Sierra and you've basically seen this guy for yourself.

Jockice

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 12, 2022, 07:42:29 PMYears ago there was a taxi driver in my home town who was the spitting image of the King from a set of playing cards - specifically the King of Spades design that you get in a lot of packs.

Just imagine the King of Spades behind the wheel of a burgundy-coloured Ford Sierra and you've basically seen this guy for yourself.

There was a kid at my school who was the double of the griffin from the Midland Bank adverts. He also had the same name as a famous footballer but no interest whatsoever in sport.

Quote from: Jockice on May 12, 2022, 09:06:52 PMThere was a kid at my school who was the double of the griffin from the Midlands Bank advert. He also had the same name as a famous footballer but no interest whatsoever in sport.

He should've had the foresight to move up here to Scotland, where there's no Midland Bank, and his resemblance to their griffin would've gone unnoticed.

Jockice

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 12, 2022, 10:05:48 PMHe should've had the foresight to move up here to Scotland, where there's no Midland Bank, and his resemblance to their griffin would've gone unnoticed.

However the footballer he shared a name with was Scottish - and ended up playing for an Old Firm team - so he'd have been noticed for that.

There was also a Craig Johnson at my school. But he wasn't Australian. Or interested in football either as far as I remember.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 12, 2022, 07:42:29 PMYears ago there was a taxi driver in my home town who was the spitting image of the King from a set of playing cards - specifically the King of Spades design that you get in a lot of packs.

Quote from: Jockice on May 12, 2022, 09:06:52 PMThere was a kid at my school who was the double of the griffin from the Midlands Bank advert.

These are amazing.

non capisco

^ Yep, that's the good shit, alright. Love both of those.

There was a client who came into work a couple of times and I was wracking my brain as to who he looked like and then suddenly remembered it was an animated 'captain's mate' character from an early 90s Muller Rice advert. Apologies for the poor quality image but there he is on the right. 

Glebe

"This is the captain of your ship - callin'!"

Quote from: the science eel on May 12, 2022, 08:41:12 AM'Su Pollard' in Whitehaven Tesco

"Hi-De-Hi, Su!"

buttgammon

Someone who was my sort-of boss and had some terse interactions with around the start of covid is the spitting image of French presidential candidate Jean-Luc Melenchon.

In a similar vein to people looking like playing card kings and bank logos rather than actual people, a bloke that used to work at the council had a haircut that gave his head the exact same profile as a second generation Nissan Micra.

If that sounds a bit whimsical all I can say is that if I referred to him as "that chap with a haircut like a Nissan Micra" and showed people a picture of said car, they immediately knew who I meant.

Des Wigwam

Retro one the other week - saw a poster for some film at the Berlin Film Festival about a family running a fruit farm. The girl on that looked the dead spit of my sister aged about 5. So much so that I sent it to my mother who agreed, who sent it to my sister, who sent back "why is my face on a box?"

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Glebe on May 12, 2022, 10:30:15 PM"This is the captain of your ship - callin'!"

"Hi-De-Hi, Su!"

Ho-de-ho right back at ya.

dissolute ocelot

I keep seeing person or persons who look like TV archaeologist turned imperialist ideologue Neil Oliver. First time was in central Edinburgh, so it might have been him. Most recent was in Tesco Duke Street in Leith so it's less likely to have been him.

I suspect there are several middle-aged Scottish men who have long hair and are scruffy and vaguely malevolent. I didn't shout "Oi Coast!"