Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Starmar's awfulness is partly why they are getting away with all this, he should get a peerage for services to the Tory Party.

Lord Starmar of St Pancras. The footage of him joking with Tories in the House of Commons is a stark contrast to his attitude to the left.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 11, 2022, 12:45:17 PMStarmar's awfulness is partly why they are getting away with all this, he should get a peerage for services to the Tory Party.

He will.

Fambo Number Mive

Tory MP Lee Anderson claims there is no "massive use" for foodbanks, claims his local foodbank is a "real foodbank" (what is he implying about other foodbanks?) and claims the Labour Party is "out of control" He blames the need for foodbanks on people not knowing how to cook.

Perhaps Lee Anderson should focus on his own expenses rather than trying to deny food poverty in the UK:

Quote...Now, as the Daily Mail reports, it's come to people's attention that the MP claimed almost £222,000 in business expenses in the space of 12 months.

The 55-year-old, who earns £84,144 a year as an MP, claimed £219,703.44 as business costs from 2020 to 2021, which is higher than the average £203,880 claimed by MPs for office, staffing, accommodation, travel and subsistence claims.

Journalist Liam Thorp was one of the people to post about the expenses on social media, writing: "Lee Anderson MP, who today said poor people forced to use foodbanks 'cannot cook or budget properly' claimed £222,000 in expenses in 2020/21 - including £4,100 on travel and 'subsistence'. This was some way higher than the average MP expense claim...

https://www.indy100.com/politics/tory-lee-anderson-budget-expenses

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 12, 2022, 10:53:28 AMAnother 50 covid FPNS issued.

"...there's a war on... concentrating on the important issues... he's apologised... time to move on.... etc"

I hate these cunts.

idunnosomename

This wankpuffin is surely on the ropes now. Think he's just one Marina Hyde column and a few SuperTankie tik toks away from oblivion. It's curtains for you, Alexander deBunter!

Fambo Number Mive

Talking of the "tickytock", as it was called in Tall Girl 2, doesn't the government have it's own TickTok now or something ghastly like that?

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 12, 2022, 11:34:18 AMTalking of the "tickytock", as it was called in Tall Girl 2, doesn't the government have it's own TickTok now or something ghastly like that?

Therese Coffey doing the Big Bank Challenge.

idunnosomename

Gove's sorta thing I think. He's basically a minister for partying down now

pigamus

John Crace in the Guardian straight out accusing Gove of a cocaine binge.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson's latest plan to appeal to his base is to call for 91,000 civil servant jobs to be cut, claiming it will reduce the cost of living. I think some of the job cuts will involve recruitment freezes but clearly there will be some redundancies. All this will do is increase unemployment and increase the cost of living for those made redundant. Although Tory voters mostly hate public sector workers so they will support it.

Paul Calf

Tories hate people who work for a living, which includes most of their voters. Tories have found a way to congratulate people for despising themselves.

Beagle 2

The only Tory voting civil servants I've ever met are the ones at the top of the tree - i.e. the most pointless wastes of public money.

Cuellar

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on May 13, 2022, 12:02:05 PM
Is it just me or is he in the early stages of the transformation?

looks like a Patrick Fabian clone that was taken out of the machine too early.

frajer

idunnosomename

i mean im not surprised at all by the flippancy but that they actually said "dear leader" took me aback a bit

Fambo Number Mive

They are now claiming someone at the charity wrote that not Dowden.

idunnosomename

I kind of assumed he hadn't written it. It may be a sarcastic pisstake actually, if the charity isnt run by conservatives

Alberon

Maybe one for the Earth Shattering Local News thread, but there was a story of a mildly satirical tin of beans found in a Tesco a few days ago.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 13, 2022, 01:50:14 PMi mean im not surprised at all by the flippancy but that they actually said "dear leader" took me aback a bit
I thought the phrase "dear leader" was exclusively reserved for cunts to use when comparing Jeremy Corbyn to Chairman Mao.

idunnosomename

It was the most common title used in North Korea to Kim Jong-Il while he was alive for the avoidance of doubt. It's hard to imagine anyone using it without knowingly being ironic.

Really all Jay Rayner is propogating is pretty much the same bit of anti-Tory snark his twitter circle revels in, now that their hostility towards the alternative has got them exactly what they wanted.

Fambo Number Mive

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her family, along with her MP, met with Johnson today.

According to her MP:

QuoteNazanin used the opportunity to tell him exactly how bad things had been for her and the fact that the words that he had used about her training journalists had haunted her for four-and-a-half years.

So she didn't mince words if you like and she told it as it was.

Will the Johnsom supporters on social media try to smear her again?

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 13, 2022, 08:22:17 AMAll this will do is increase unemployment and increase the cost of living for those made redundant. Although Tory voters mostly hate public sector workers so they will support it.

Sadly, I think the consequence of this will be problems with the departments where the cuts take place and then they'll outsource the work, standards and accountability to the tax payer will decline and the costs will rise.

It's literally the only thing they know how to do.

greencalx

Hiring someone in-house to do a job = waste.
Outsourcing to an outfit that takes a cut for shareholders = not waste.

"Ah but it's cheaper overall" they say. If it is, that's usually because standards have massively lowered.

Perhaps the market could decide MP salaries?

Fambo Number Mive

It's frustrating how the point that cutting civil servant jobs will actually cost the public more through outsourcing (and tens of thousands of civil servants having less disposable income so spending less, therefore meaning the economoy will be less healthy) is not being made in the media.