Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retsuza

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 13, 2022, 01:37:14 AMAnyone who had Jon Ronson on their bingo card, strike it off:

I've just realised that Jon Ronson has been on Joe Rogan podcast twice and that absolutely must boil Glinners piss.

Annoyingly I actually had him not mentioning Jon Ronson on my bingo card.

phantom_power

All serious political movements have blog posts titled "this, this, thisity this" don't they? Boomer trying to be down with the internet vibes galore

JamesTC

Beats racist blog post titles referencing M Night Shyamalan for no reason.

Ex_GC

Quote from: JamesTC on May 13, 2022, 10:40:25 AMBeats racist blog post titles referencing M Night Shyamalan for no reason.

What's this about?

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: phantom_power on May 13, 2022, 10:11:26 AMWhat does PWR stand for? Proper Wonky Rightwingers?
Protecting Women's Rights, I believe.

Meanwhile, there's some buyer's remorse happening over at the Allison Bailey tribunal:

Ex_GC

Imagine having a spare £500 to donate to an employment tribunal

phantom_power

Pushing them into our spaces? What are Stonewall, fucking Gripper Stebson?

Protecting Women's Rights? So what do they describe themselves as? Protecting Women's Rightsers? Protectors of Women's Rights? How does that tally with them palling up with anti-abortionists?

JamesTC

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 10:43:14 AMWhat's this about?

This is a heading on one of his journalisms from the end of last year:

Edit: It was his journalism about Wil Wheaton. The one where he forgot how to count.

phantom_power

The size of text on that is all fucked as well isn't it. The main text from Wheaton should be large and his responses should follow in smaller text or italics. There is no need for numbered bullets either. He really is shit at everything

frajer

Just call him Scoops Linehan, ace reporter. All the news that's fit to shit.

phantom_power

Do you think he will fire shots at Kendrick Lamar now he has been captured? Or would he have no idea who he is?

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 10:48:25 AMImagine having a spare £500 to donate to an employment tribunal
Imagine not understanding that a donation isn't refundable.

Kankurette

This person gave Bailey £500? Jesus Christ, talk about fools and their money being parted. Though Mumsnetters are notoriously gullible so it's not surprising really, begging threads are a regular thing there.

Ex_GC

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 13, 2022, 11:20:19 AMImagine not understanding that a donation isn't refundable.

That too! But honestly, £500 is a fortune to donate. And we're told that trans people are the privileged ones

JaDanketies

I bet £500 could buy plenty of food parcels for hungry mums. Or protect many women from FGM.  Or fix plenty of cleft palates. Or anything. Spending it in Tesco would be better for society.

Kankurette

They have a go at people for buying designer handbags or 'expensive tat' for their kids and then go and spunk hundreds of pounds on this pointless crap.

The Late Satoru Iwata

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 13, 2022, 11:51:35 AMI bet £500 could buy plenty of food parcels for hungry mums. Or protect many women from FGM.  Or fix plenty of cleft palates. Or anything. Spending it in Tesco would be better for society.
'Yeah, I get that period poverty is a thing but I want to help this woman sue a charity'

Ex_GC

All the money wasted on GC causes, it doesn't even bear thinking about

idunnosomename

You'd think there'd be more coverage of this trial when he'd talked it up as like the battle of Armageddon against the Beast Stonewall

It's almost as if Bailey's rather deluded and her case is a bit crap

phantom_power

Protecting (rich) Women's Rights (to stay rich for as little effort as possible)

JaDanketies

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 11:57:07 AMAll the money wasted on GC causes, it doesn't even bear thinking about

Really money is never 'wasted', it at least added to HMRC's tax take, and hopefully the lawyers spend it on something decent. Not worth fretting about. Hopefully no GC parents' kids went without.

RHX

Quote from: phantom_power on May 13, 2022, 11:10:32 AMDo you think he will fire shots at Kendrick Lamar now he has been captured? Or would he have no idea who he is?

Was literally about to post about that! Can't imagine him being too thrilled at Glastonbury for "platforming a TRA" as their headlining act. (Seriously though, it's nice to see K Dot come out on one of the most anticipated albums of the last few years as a trans ally)

phantom_power

Quote from: RHX on May 13, 2022, 12:07:52 PMSeriously though, it's nice to see K Dot come out on one of the most anticipated albums of the last few years as a trans ally)

Unequivocally so as well

Ex_GC

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 13, 2022, 12:06:56 PMReally money is never 'wasted', it at least added to HMRC's tax take, and hopefully the lawyers spend it on something decent. Not worth fretting about. Hopefully no GC parents' kids went without.

My point was that the money could be spent on actual important causes affecting women. Someone mentioned period poverty or food banks. So yes I firmly believe the money on GC vanity causes have been a waste

There's a spreadsheet kicking about somewhere, isn't it over £2m now?

JaDanketies

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 12:11:14 PMMy point was that the money could be spent on actual important causes affecting women. Someone mentioned period poverty or food banks. So yes I firmly believe the money on GC vanity causes have been a waste

I guess it just isn't the way I view money. Probably a repulsion of the Tories pretending that if you add £1bn to the social care budget then the money literally evaporates, never to be seen again, rather than that it supports the social care industry and all of its employees to the tune of £1bn, all of whom pay tax and spend their income in other businesses, which also pay tax. I like to envision the money sticking around for someone else to use.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 10:48:25 AMImagine having a spare £500 to donate to an employment tribunal
Imagine being a parent and having a spare £500. Should that not be going into a college fund like

FalknerHinton

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 13, 2022, 12:20:10 PMThere's a spreadsheet kicking about somewhere, isn't it over £2m now?

Yeah I was thinking the same, can only find this version from February last year:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wearefaircop/status/1358135328733728768