Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

GC's tend to be quite prudish, don't they?
Spoiler alert

[close]
The bananas thing is that if you follow a bunch of TERFs on Twitter, you'll see that they endlessly share pics and videos of trans people in various states of undress, post surgery etc.  They don't seem so prudish when it comes to mocking someones appearance.  They shout about how womens rights are being eroded, then share a penis surgery video, then a quote from the bible (tehe).

I suppose it's just what any *-phobe does, try and find pictures and videos of the object of hate in a negative or compromising way and using that to try and convince others that they are right in thinking this way.  It just seems so utterly fucking mental, these people obviously are revolted by things that are different to them, but then spend all of their time seeking out the worst shit they can find.

Anyway, you know how from time to time BC likes to label us as 'obsessed'?  Is anyone from CaB keeping a Google Drive document meticulously detailing a twitter user in the hopes they might get them arrested?  With archive links and everything?

QuoteThe Anonymous Researcher has collected evidence that shows why it is
reasonable to believe that there is a very real threat of MVAWG at the upcoming
Manchester gathering on Sunday the 15th of May 2022.

(Probably want to open this via incognito window)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WTJsiR11ISPMbKWoaZlgEfSRUGr2q0CT/view 

Cold Meat Platter

Mad how even after all this time we still have to recalibrate the bellendometer every single day.

mtpromises

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 15, 2022, 12:56:24 AMOnly watched the first thirty seconds, but Arty says she's a trans woman, and keeps correctly gendering her.  He never does that when Linehan is about, does he?
As much as BC has declared total war and the right to dead name, he actually uses real names and pronouns mostly on The Mess.  I honestly couldn't say if it's cause he's not the most bigoted of jerks or if it's just too confusing for him.

Arty actually does seem to stick to real names and pro-nouns though he's kept his head down.  His sympathy for "true trans" was a big part of the fuel for Arty's shunning last November.  Ray Blanchard's Mess ofcourse, was the catalyst.

Speaking of which, Arty mentioned being part of LGB Alliance Canda.  I hope Karen Davis noticed, been a lack of infighting lately.

BennyHedgehog

Is BC hitting on his interviewee at 27:14 after a stumbling and fawning interview?

https://youtu.be/YHxiOQzN7vc?t=1634

Lots of presumptive close action going on, not giving an option say no and asking questions that eliminate excuses.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

petril

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 14, 2022, 12:48:30 PMIn addition to streamlining the banana timeline, should I add a bit to the next thread called "Glinvisionist History"? You know, "Gamergate was actually about young men standing up against cancel culture", "I don't know why I was banned from Twitter", "My wife left because of TRAs calling the police on me and telling lies" etc.? Basically any time he lies/changes his story about something major. Or is that too much?

might be good if it's a list of every revision in rough chronological order. just to show that he's not consistent at all

retsuza

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 15, 2022, 02:19:06 AMI missed this since-deleted whoops moment from a couple of days ago:

lol is this real? I'm imagining a mafia boss in an obvious disguise having to slap a henchman upside the head because they kept ruining it by saying "you tell 'em boss!!"

Barry Admin

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 15, 2022, 10:57:42 AMIs BC hitting on his interviewee at 27:14 after a stumbling and fawning interview?

Lots of presumptive close action going on, not giving an option say no and asking questions that eliminate excuses.

I am sooooooo unsurprised.

"That's a Father Ted line, people will recognise it..."

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: retsuza on May 15, 2022, 11:37:04 AMlol is this real? I'm imagining a mafia boss in an obvious disguise having to slap a henchman upside the head because they kept ruining it by saying "you tell 'em boss!!"

frajer

Quote from: retsuza on May 15, 2022, 11:37:04 AMlol is this real? I'm imagining a mafia boss in an obvious disguise having to slap a henchman upside the head because they kept ruining it by saying "you tell 'em boss!!"

"Your name will also go on the ban list. What is it?"

"Don't tell 'em Graham!"

canadagoose

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 15, 2022, 12:38:39 PM

... because of this

Ah yes, trans rights are actually all about CROBBLY BOBBLY. Conspiracy dogshit.

Edit: It reads as if she's saying "trans people are worthless obv, this must actually be about my minority, the one that matters". In my opinion. Arsehole.

Pimhole

It's always on a Sunday isn't it? People like her and JKR. "I'm bored. How can I get some attention?"

buttgammon

Absolute stupidity from a very stupid person (Riley). Also, what about the antisemitic conspiracy theories that so often intersect with transphobic ones?

mr. logic

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 15, 2022, 10:57:42 AMIs BC hitting on his interviewee at 27:14 after a stumbling and fawning interview?

Haha, pure Partridge that. 'I'm there on Sunday.'

idunnosomename

Is Riley stupid though? Seems to me she always knows exactly what she's doing. Someone who went hammer and tongs destroying the left opposition, now supporting biological essentialism to segregate the true "females" from the false ones.

Love you Britain ❤

retsuza

Rowling definitely did hate Corbyn the tory twat she is, you can search on twitter for:

She got mad once that people were comparing him to Dumbledore lol.

But as usual with he anti-corbyn and anti-sanders types, even though the most fervent supporters of them have moved on, the antis are still completely obsessed.

Fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain that she's being given criticism for the trans hate stuff and I don't think anyone cares about the Corb drama anymore. Can hardly even single her out for that because half the assholes who appear in Brit media were doing the same shit.

idunnosomename

She wrote a whole faux biblical Christmas story on twitter about how Jeremy wasnt the messiah. Kinda gets forgotten now shes got obsessed for this but it was quite extraordinary. As I've said, she made a fortune writing about wizards, if you can't make society work for you, you're just not trying hard enough. Defending the elite status quo turns out to be the overriding theme of wizard books incidentally

GoblinAhFuckScary

comment on that video good grief

Ex_GC

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 15, 2022, 12:38:39 PM

... because of this

Bet he's salivating himself at thinking he has a potential new ally. She's not going to appear on the Mess, Graham. How long before Birdy Rose makes an image

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 15, 2022, 12:58:36 PMShe wrote a whole faux biblical Christmas story on twitter about how Jeremy wasnt the messiah. Kinda gets forgotten now shes got obsessed for this but it was quite extraordinary. As I've said, she made a fortune writing about wizards, if you can't make society work for you, you're just not trying hard enough. Defending the elite status quo turns out to be the overriding theme of wizard books incidentally

The fact that Harry and his magical pals go on to work for the Ministry of Magic or Hogwarts, two institutions that have been overrun by wizard Hitler at least twice and their only solution seems to be, "Okay, this time we'll hire nice wizards" says a lot about Rowling's view on power.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 15, 2022, 11:45:07 AMI am sooooooo unsurprised.

"That's a Father Ted line, people will recognise it..."

Nah, good luck to him. I'm sure it'll go swimmingly

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 15, 2022, 01:27:09 PMThe fact that Harry and his magical pals go on to work for the Ministry of Magic or Hogwarts, two institutions that have been overrun by wizard Hitler at least twice and their only solution seems to be, "Okay, this time we'll hire nice wizards" says a lot about Rowling's view on power.

The books like to present it as a poor little Harry overcoming difficulties to win but the reality he's an incredibly rich jock from a well respected family who goes on to become a slave owning cop.

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 15, 2022, 02:19:06 AMI missed this since-deleted whoops moment from a couple of days ago:

Nice catch, I do wonder if she did that intentionally to wind Graham up or if it was a genuine mistake

Kankurette

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 15, 2022, 03:26:07 PMLol. https://youtu.be/0nl6u66vRss?t=6262

"We knew, we knew when we gave her the mic"

It really is just a rotation of the same people, isn't it. Finally something interesting happened.

Barry Admin

Fuck, I found that quite shocking and genuinely unsettling. The way one of them gets out of her seat to shout "ARE MEN" right in the woman's ear is grim.

And then chasing after her to get the mic and shut her up, it all looked really aggressive. And I thought they loved free speech?

God, the sooner this hate movement fucks off the better. The chanting and general aggression was disgusting.

idunnosomename

lmao

also after Posie goes "some of those men over there are 6'4" in dresses"

goodness! who ever heard of a woman nearly 2 metres tall??!

but yeah Posie is high on hate now just saying there's "no such thing as trans", which would have been an offensive thing to say decades ago

GoblinAhFuckScary