Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Meet - York - Saturday May 14th

Started by shoulders, April 23, 2022, 08:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

I'm at Primavera Sound in the first week of June so can't make it then.

Trains still being a pain, had to change at Leeds and half the passengers are in fancy dress.

shoulders

Have just had a chance to sit down, I think that went pretty well, glad to read people had a good time, especially those who it was their first CaB meet, really nice to meet everyone!

DrGreggles

Jealously reading through the positive messages.
Looks like fun times were had.

Bastards...

Mr_Simnock

This is what it's like meeting madhair60

Kankurette

He is an actual giant.

If all CAB meets are like that one, sign me up. I'm glad I wasn't the only woman there either.

RetroRobot

I'm really regretting not going. Sorry folks social anxiety is a twat.

shiftwork2

Great afternoon and evening, especially meeting The Lurker, Kankurette and flouncey at (what I think was) their first cab meet.  I'd also forgotten how beautiful York is.

bakabaka

Quote from: RetroRobot on May 15, 2022, 09:24:36 PMI'm really regretting not going. Sorry folks social anxiety is a twat.
I have crippling social anxiety too, but CaB meets are different. At the last one I went to, no-one else turned up so I needn't have been anxious at all. Both of which are why, even if it is in Sheffield, there's a good chance I won't go to the next one either.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 15, 2022, 09:35:57 PMGreat afternoon and evening, especially meeting The Lurker, Kankurette and flouncey at (what I think was) their first cab meet.  I'd also forgotten how beautiful York is.

Indeed, York is the most gorgeous Cabber. My jaw hit the floor when I first met her at the 2013 CaB meet.

shoulders

Quote from: RetroRobot on May 15, 2022, 09:24:36 PMI'm really regretting not going. Sorry folks social anxiety is a twat.

If I told you there was a teste-weighing section of the meet, perhaps your regret will dissipate?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 15, 2022, 09:35:57 PMGreat afternoon and evening, especially meeting The Lurker, Kankurette and flouncey at (what I think was) their first cab meet. I'd also forgotten how beautiful York is.

I'm afraid to say it's all CGI, you will have a flash back dream one day with all the details on how we do it

Kankurette

I very nearly didn't go due to social anxiety. I'm bloody glad I did.

Joe Qunt

Twit 2

Feel there should be a Cambridge meet this summer. They are always well-attended, great pubs, some of the people are alright I suppose. Lots of opportunities for screaming nonce.

madhair60

Yeah mate, we were talking about that. I'll arrange one at the Cambridge Blue if I can.

shoulders

There was talk of Cambridge hosting one. It's quite expensive and a pain to get too for me but I don't have power of veto and would try to turn up anyway.

Feels to me like Birmingham should probably have a crack at it soon, must be many years since the last one there.

Kankurette

Cambridge is four hours on the train and my parents don't live there anymore, so I can't make it, but it would be a nice idea for southern CABbers (if you're coming from London, there's train links, Brighton are well). Birmingham's not too far from Manchester though.

The Ombudsman

I'd like to go to one, sounds fun and I need to get out more. Will make me very nervous but from the posts above it seems a very welcoming affair.

Kankurette

If it's any reassurance, I get nervous when meeting people I don't know and I was having doubts about it while walking to the tram station and even when I got to Piccadilly. But once I bought my train ticket, I knew I was in, and once I actually got there - after trying to find an exit out of the gardens - it was fine. Everyone was friendly, nobody was rude or cunty or awkward, although it did help that I immediately recognised Madhair.

DrGreggles

A midlands one is probably due, but obviously Cambridge works for me.

Joe Qunt

This is entirely for my own benefit but maybe Manchester would be a good idea? Cracking night out too.

Mr_Simnock

Shoulders has been the driving force of so many meets over the years, just like to point that out, all credit to him

shiftwork2

madhair60

pancreas