Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: retsuza on May 16, 2022, 10:11:22 AMUmberto Ecco's defining point of facsism #8:

The enemy is both strong and weak. "By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."
Dang it. I normally read ahead in the thread too.

Barry Admin

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 16, 2022, 05:28:12 PMRemember, always simultaneously too weak and too strong.

She's not saying they look hilarious, she's saying it's hilarious that they dressed in an intimidating manner and undermined themselves so much.

Ex_GC

Yeah fair enough but if their actions were supposedly so intimidating and aggressive would it really be hilarious in any way?

Twitter seems to veer between calling them 'aggressive men intimidating women' and bratty kids. They can't decide which

Barry Admin

In the context of it being an "own goal", then yeah, if you hate trans people you're gonna find it hilarious to see trans activists doing something so self-defeating and daft, because you're gonna be like "woohoo, this might make more people hate 'em."

This clears it up a bit, the woman being 'attacked' has previous as a trouble maker at these events.

The original video was taken by a trans ally friend of the ninjas who only started filming after she attacked one of them.

Probably would have been best if they never posted the clip tbh.

FalknerHinton

Wild that WAF writes "Cis Eye For The Queer Guy" while looking like something you'd find discarded at a dogging hotspot*.

Didn't his wife say that she thinks he must secretly want to sleep with a trans woman given how utterly obsessed with them he is, or was that a different Critter?

* See his youtube, rather than his million selfies on instagram.

Ex_GC

Let me guess, is "cis eye for the queer guy" him tearing trans womens appearance apart

Just went to look for that old video where he looks totally different and saw that he was on a podcast 3 weeks ago

dead-ced-dead

How many inverted commas are needed around "writer", "music producer" and "songwriter"?

Dr Rock

Isn't he the chap who uses photoshop filters to completely change his face?

JamesTC

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 16, 2022, 06:53:01 PMJust went to look for that old video where he looks totally different and saw that he was on a podcast 3 weeks ago

There's using filters and then there's this. I'm actually shocked haha.

mtpromises

BC and company are trying to dox a person who just wore a medical mask to the protests.

I disagree with all the 'bad optics' takes.  No one cares except the TERFS.  The story got nowhere outside the Daily Mail and terf Twitter.

Protesters need to protect themselves first and foremost.

Elfking

It's stupid to turn up in balaclavas and the like. It looks awful, the immediate connotations are with crime and terrorism. They've allowed TERFs to paint themselves as the sensible ones whilst the otherside are dangerous. I don't know who thought it was a good idea but it's absolutely moronic.

pigamus

Yeah, I'm very pro-trans until they put a balaclava on, that's a red line for me

Famous Mortimer

If they'd all dressed in suits, the pictures would have been of one of them screaming near a woman. Or just a completely made-up image. There's no right way to dress or behave when the media want to portray you a certain way, and we're doing their work for them by pretending otherwise.

phes

Quote from: JamesTC on May 16, 2022, 07:25:20 PMBet he is delighted at the new Doctor Who companion.

This is the one thing they didn't want to happen.

Can't tell you how happy reading this has made me. Trans woman starring as the companion is pure bigot smackdown 

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 16, 2022, 06:53:01 PMJust went to look for that old video where he looks totally different and saw that he was on a podcast 3 weeks ago

"Computer, enhance"

canadagoose

The black balaclavas etc. were a bit daft, but I think a lot of us are just resigned to thinking "they hate us anyway, so it doesn't matter how we look". Look at how much they detest Katy Montgomerie, and she's not exactly badly-behaved, is she?

Kankurette

Fair. Trans women can't win with these people.

Also, a black Doctor AND a trans companion? Heads will explode.

BCs just gutted the Daily Mail isn't DMing him for his journalisms

shoulders

Quote from: retsuza on May 16, 2022, 10:11:22 AMUmberto Ecco's defining point of facsism #8:

The enemy is both strong and weak. "By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."

Despite the criticism up the page this is ultimately still a pertinent thing to bring up. If JKR thinks the trans rights activists  are unintentionally hilarious then they are clearly not intimidating or a threat, whereas if she had found them intimidating and had genuine cause to hit the 'men attacking women' alarm that quite clearly contains no element of humour at all, let alone hilarity.

What JKR meant was a sort of sociopathic 'Lol, One-Nil' and that's literally all. Either she found it sociopathically amusing or has sincere concern. Looks for all the world like the former. Quelle surprise.

retsuza

Are ALL of his million selfies filtered and photoshopped? I hadn't even thought about that sad aspect of it.

He looks like Bill Maher with a vaccuum up his ass.

phantom_power

Quote from: damien on May 16, 2022, 08:24:55 PMSO happy about the Dr Who news, holy shit.

It's fucking great. All the "silent majority" and "right side of history" shit will be completely blown away by the most famous show on British television (hopefully) proving how accepting most people in the country are of trans people

jobotic

Who are those other people? Yank terfs?

Why are they having a conversation with a man who is nothing more than a very strange nonce?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2022, 09:55:46 PMWho are those other people? Yank terfs?

Why are they having a conversation with a man who is nothing more than a very strange nonce?

One things for sure, they all look totally fucking gutted that he is talking in that video. Imagine all the dAtes where your expecting the guy on top, and this 30 year older horrible opinions man shows up

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2022, 09:55:46 PMWho are those other people? Yank terfs?

A question they themselves seem to be struggling with, it seems.