Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 20, 2022, 08:51:34 AMJeremy Vine and all the other celebrities are going to look like Jimmy Savile when this is all over

I love it. Asking for more info instead of taking some rando's tweet at face value is exactly the same as covering for a serial rapist.

Fuck you, Glinner. No wonder your wife left.

Dr Rock

Graham, closer to the point, there are is still widespread sexual abuse of minors. The police barely skim the surface. The Tories cut thousands of officers who could have been redeployed to go after them. What have you done to fight for more resources to catch paedophiles?

shiftwork2

imitationleather

dead-ced-dead

wrec

He'll be packing his bags for his big date GC pal meetup in Edinburgh this weekend.

And you never know who else he might run into while he's up there 😉

Ex_GC

GL does not know what 'when this ends' looks like other than his fantasy of people apologising to him and telling him he was right all along etc etc. He hasn't thought about it any further than his day of reckoning

TommyTurnips

Quote from: Ferris on May 20, 2022, 12:54:50 PM"When it's all over"

What does that even mean? What a bleak existence.

Maybe when there is no more trans people? Which is a ridiculous thing to hope for because there has always been trans people and always will.

Then what? When that hypothetical day comes then what does Glinner do? Probably find something else to hate. Dwarfs living in houses that are too big for them, giants using toilets that are too small for them, disabled people using regular toilets. Loads of potential ways to be a shitty person.

frajer

Quote from: wrec on May 20, 2022, 02:01:54 PMHe'll be packing his bags for his big date GC pal meetup in Edinburgh this weekend.

"THERE'S A DIRECT FLIGHT FROM NORWICH."

The bana(na)lity of evil.

Ex_GC

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 20, 2022, 02:04:06 PMMaybe when there is no more trans people? Which is a ridiculous thing to hope for because there has always been trans people and always will.

Then what? When that hypothetical day comes then what does Glinner do? Probably find something else to hate. Dwarfs living in houses that are too big for them, giants using toilets that are too small for them, disabled people using regular toilets. Loads of potential ways to be a shitty person.

When the imagined day comes he'll be so busy releasing new sitcoms, working on Pope Ted, all his former enemies will be begging him to work with them again now that he's been proven right. And he'll have his beloved blue tick back and constant coverage in the media "Graham Linehan Vindicated: Enemies Issue Grovelling Apology"

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on May 20, 2022, 01:55:08 PMFunnily enough, that's what I call it when I see the last post on a thread was by @Ferris!

furious about this

Elfking

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 09:56:49 AMThere's a couple I know socially, am not close friends with them. One of the couple has now started posting transphobic stuff on Facebook. A few weeks ago it was an extremely transphobic meme about Lea Thomas and yesterday it was a 'Ben Shapiro destroys transgenderism' clip. Neither has gotten any likes or comments. Weird to see someone be radicalised in real time and go from memes to Ben Shapiro in a few short weeks

Should I say anything?

I mean if you fell into the rabbit hole and made it back out perhaps you could have a friendly word. Talk to them about their hate and see if you can pull them out before they're sucked in too far. If you can't then at least you tried.

Ex_GC

Comment from the shitstack:

"Sorry to hear that William, completely understandable. I really value your straight-talking insights"

Not only do they appear to be unbothered by his comments, they actually find him "wonderful" and value his "straight-talking" insights

imitationleather

Isn't WAF an ex-marine? Not only is he highly proficient at using AI face editing programs, he can also kill a man in forty different ways without them even knowing it is happening.

idunnosomename

also who at the BBC who turned a blind eye to Savile got any comeuppance? Other nonces yes, but the management is still as elitist and dedicated to maintaining the status quo of the British establishment as ever.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Elfking on May 20, 2022, 02:56:13 PMI mean if you fell into the rabbit hole and made it back out perhaps you could have a friendly word. Talk to them about their hate and see if you can pull them out before they're sucked in too far. If you can't then at least you tried.

Agreed with this, great suggestion.

I believe a lot in discussion, and you can change the mind of people who are reading even if you don't change the mind of the person you are talking to. In this instance though, a friendly private chat might have the best results.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Ferris on May 20, 2022, 01:29:40 PMYeah but even he must know that's ludicrous, so presumably he thinks something else will happen that signifies "the end".

It's millenarian, but because there's no prophesied date so every day is the Great Disappointment.

Looks a bit like The Leader from T'Simpsons

Ex_GC

Thanks for the suggestions all. If it was a close friend I wouldn't hesitate to have a word, was just unsure because I only know them socially but wasn't sure what to do here. I think a friendly chat is the right thing though so thanks for that

By the way WAFs comments are getting a lot of traction on twitter, a few blue ticks have tweeted about it and commented on it

BennyHedgehog

DrGreggles

Quote from: wrec on May 20, 2022, 02:01:54 PMHe'll be packing his bags for his big date GC pal meetup in Edinburgh this weekend.

A tram?

dead-ced-dead

My mum is getting worse. She posted something yesterday about a dastardly trans woman taking over some sport or some such, which is your standard BC thing, but she posted a pre-transition photo of the poor woman and it honestly made me a bit sick.

At this rate, I may not be able to have a relationship with my mum and that makes me sad.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 04:13:25 PMThanks for the suggestions all. If it was a close friend I wouldn't hesitate to have a word, was just unsure because I only know them socially but wasn't sure what to do here. I think a friendly chat is the right thing though so thanks for that

You have a unique perspective here so can hopefully pull them out of this rabbit hole. I'd personally probably start with the "self ID" stuff.

Be ready for them to ask you what a woman is, and maybe prepare for it. Good luck!

jobotic

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 04:13:25 PMBy the way WAFs comments are getting a lot of traction on twitter, a few blue ticks have tweeted about it and commented on it

Please tell me they're not commenting on it approvingly

Ferris

Ex_GC

I've heard of filters to give the appearance of better skin but he has given himself darker hair, a salt and pepper beard, a different hairline, a more chiselled face

The denim jacket needs a wash too

FalknerHinton

Ex_GC

Haha you kidding me? He can't even write a blog post that isn't a copy and paste of other peoples words so what makes you think he could write a book?

Comment from Glincel:

"I'm repeating lots of people, but I think you're well placed to write a great book on the changes in the cultural landscape in the last decade or so and how major events and trends relate or clash.

Saville, Gamergate, #metoo, the gender war, groomer discourse, safeguarding, free speech, content moderation, homophobia, misoginy, racism (all 3 more from the left) wokeism, Tumblr, Twitter....

If you don't do it, Adam Curtis will do it in a 5 hour film in 2035.

Heard mention that publishers are actively courting GC's to write books these days as the tide slowly turns"

Dr Rock