Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:14:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grainger

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 02:02:26 PMhis fantasy of people apologising to him and telling him he was right all along etc etc.

And he plans to say "your apology means nothing to me". Note: he's dreamed about this apology for years.

It reminds me of Rorshach's opening monologue in Watchmen: "[They] will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No."  "

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: grainger on May 20, 2022, 10:59:45 PMIt reminds me of Rorshach's opening monologue in Watchmen: "[They] will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No."  "
god he probably likes Rorschach and doesn't realise he's a damaged right-wing extremist

grainger

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 20, 2022, 11:06:35 PMgod he probably likes Rorschach and doesn't realise he's a damaged right-wing extremist

I don't know, but many people who read Watchmen do like Rorschach.

Quote from: grainger on May 20, 2022, 11:12:04 PMI don't know, but many people who read Watchmen do like Rorschach.
Well I mean you can like Rorschach and any other  p r o b l e m a t i c  character (god knows I do), just remember that he's supposed to be fucked up (all the characters in Watchmen are). Not somebody to emulate.

Ex_GC

Quote from: grainger on May 20, 2022, 10:59:45 PMAnd he plans to say "your apology means nothing to me". Note: he's dreamed about this apology for years.

It reminds me of Rorshach's opening monologue in Watchmen: "[They] will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No."  "

Exactly. Remember his message to Matt Lucas? "I'll give you one chance to apologise but that's it"

bgmnts

It's been mentioned so any excuse to show this clip of Moore reading Rorschach's diary entry.

https://youtu.be/vwm4TSlNO3U?t=124

You can definitely imagine some frustrated little right wingers or bitter, lost souls reading or hearing that and thinking it's so fucking cool.

Barry Admin

Quote from: retsuza on May 20, 2022, 07:36:05 PMBeyond fucking ridiculous they treat actual pedophile psycho violent urges Willy as some sort of martyr because he's addicted to looking at stuff specifically designed to make you hate trans people

Yeah I think what I've found really interesting and alarming about this is the support from that community, as you and @Ex_GC have pointed out. The perceptions of him from inside that circle and from outside of it are just fucking miles apart. There's no kind of common ground to be had between people who haven't spent years dehumanising trans and glincels. They've all been radicalised to the extent that they just fucking indulge this dude and his murderous fantasies without the slightest bit of pushback. None of them can see what they've done to themselves.

Ex_GC

I was thinking about the Arty Morty situation. For years they seemed happy to have him in their corner. Until that night he had a bit too much to drink and tweeted a few uncomfortable home truths ("some radfems have a bloodlust"). All of a sudden they took issue with a classical literature reference he had in his Twitter bio claiming it meant he was a paedophile apologist/ adjacent etc etc. They just had "safeguarding concerns" apparently and that's why they tweeted relentlessly about it for months afterwards and had Twitter spaces and angry YouTube videos all dedicated to him

The reference in his twitter bio was never an issue before, it only became an issue when he stopped being useful to them

But yet, WAF can get away with displaying so many red flags and seems to be lauded among the Glincels, why are they not worried about safeguarding now? Will they only be worried about safeguarding if he stops being useful to them? Is he useful now because he's saying all the right things, his "straight-talking insights" are what they want to hear and how they want people to act

GC "feminism" is a sham

shoulders

Equally despicable is the tenuous grasp of his native language.

bgmnts

Thank fuck, I could barely parse that sentence either. Honestly think a lot of these weirdos are simply just thick.

grainger

Come to think of it, the sentiment of his piece is a bit Rorschachy too. Rorscach has a much better sense of grammar, though - but then to be fair, his dialogue was written by Alan Moore.

Ex_GC

"Whereas I and I alone". I'm not sure he understands what dealbreaker means either

Barry Admin

Meanwhile, his attempt to step back have been as successful as Linehan's were. Guy has a query.

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 21, 2022, 12:35:37 AMBut yet, WAF can get away with displaying so many red flags and seems to be lauded among the Glincels, why are they not worried about safeguarding now? Will they only be worried about safeguarding if he stops being useful to them? Is he useful now because he's saying all the right things, his "straight-talking insights" are what they want to hear and how they want people to act

That's an excellent point, I hadn't considered the way he is treated vs the way Arty Morty was demonised for a twitter bio. And yet WAF comes out with shit like this all the time:

No Graham what DO you mean by "a functioning vagina"??? Is it that long since you've seen one hua hua hua

oh surely you're not suggesting the vagina's only function is as a birth canal now, that's not very feminist of you

Ex_GC

He should consider it a blessing in disguise that the musical hasn't been made. I can't even begin to imagine how much of a flop it would be

retsuza

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 21, 2022, 12:35:37 AMI was thinking about the Arty Morty situation. For years they seemed happy to have him in their corner. Until that night he had a bit too much to drink and tweeted a few uncomfortable home truths ("some radfems have a bloodlust"). All of a sudden they took issue with a classical literature reference he had in his Twitter bio claiming it meant he was a paedophile apologist/ adjacent etc etc. They just had "safeguarding concerns" apparently and that's why they tweeted relentlessly about it for months afterwards and had Twitter spaces and angry YouTube videos all dedicated to him

The reference in his twitter bio was never an issue before, it only became an issue when he stopped being useful to them

But yet, WAF can get away with displaying so many red flags and seems to be lauded among the Glincels, why are they not worried about safeguarding now? Will they only be worried about safeguarding if he stops being useful to them? Is he useful now because he's saying all the right things, his "straight-talking insights" are what they want to hear and how they want people to act

GC "feminism" is a sham

They crucified him for saying there is a bloodlust in the community and there isn't a single bit of pushback that I've seen for violent fantasies about their enemies being hit by a bus.

Notice that Waffy doesn't say "TRAs" being in the scenario, he specifically says trans people.

EDIT: I kind just reiterated what you already said, sorry lol.

Ex_GC

It bears repeating though! Not only has there been no pushback some of the Glincels actually 'liked' that comment

retsuza

Still no negative replies, 29 likes and a follow-up below

Not sure who Silly Willy is.

EDIT:
Seems he is talking about India Willoughby.  Misgendering below but I'm not editing just to present another comment as is:

Quote from: William A.FergusonWilloughby is actively offense mining this Stack.

He just compared me to the Buffalo shooter because I wouldn't pull him out the way of an oncoming bus.

Is also upset I didn't say I would intentionally push him in front of one, either.

No pleasing these people at all when you won't affirm their persecution.

Ex_GC

What a disordered mind. He honestly thinks his way of thinking is shared by everyone else. Jesus, most people would be traumatised and scarred for life if they witnessed a horrific death

Also, SillyWilly? What age is he, 12?

JaDanketies

can you imagine if Katie Montgomerie or someone was saying stuff similar to WAF? Not only would it be brought up as evidence that trans people are pedos for all eternity, but Katie Montgomerie would probably have a lot more 'fans' slamming her, disagreeing vehemently, and trying to distance trans rights from Katie Montgomerie as far as possible.

But from what I can see, Terfs are keeping him close to the fold. #notacult

imitationleather

I wonder how much worse Arty got it in the neck from his own side compared to WAF is simply down to him being gay rather than straight.

madhair60

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 21, 2022, 08:29:07 AM

He can fuck right off, using comedy as leverage like this. The sheer gall in using a well-loved comedy show and it's legacy purely to try and stir up more hatred against a minority. What a desperate man.

HamishMacbeth

Their detachment from reality will probably sink them all in the end, just like Graham. They were always going to have some initial success with the Tories, but as shitty as they are, if there's one thing conservatives understand it's that you don't chase a moving goalpost. Now a lot of the old guard of the GC movement have burned out, there's nobody left to score easy votes from except a bubble of self radicalising crazies that want more and more absurd things. Exactly the same trajectory as abortion / gay marriage.