Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:05:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Shuttleworth gig cancelled as man rescued from Devil's Arse

Started by jobotic, May 20, 2022, 03:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Famous Mortimer

Pink Gregory

dissolute ocelot

Was Shuttleworth performing in a cave? Is this something he normally does? Is it one of those luxury caves like the speleological equivalent of glamping? The article is disappointingly non-specific.

Glebe

Glad the bloke's okay and hope he went home to a lovely tea!

idunnosomename

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 20, 2022, 07:48:04 PMWas Shuttleworth performing in a cave? Is this something he normally does? Is it one of those luxury caves like the speleological equivalent of glamping? The article is disappointingly non-specific.
theres a bit in 500 Bus Stops where he plays a "gig" in the Blue John caverns.

I saw him mention it on socials beforehand, I honestly thought it was a joke and not a real event

JaDanketies

I've been to the Devil's Arse a couple of times. It's lovely round there.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 20, 2022, 07:48:04 PMWas Shuttleworth performing in a cave? Is this something he normally does? Is it one of those luxury caves like the speleological equivalent of glamping? The article is disappointingly non-specific.

There are quite a few caves that double up as concert venues. Often see black metal bands in particular playing in them

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 21, 2022, 10:50:26 AMI've been to the Devil's Arse a couple of times. It's lovely round there.

They filmed a chunk of "The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue" in and around Castleton, for any 70s horror enthusiasts who are still on the fence about visiting.

Mister Six

QuoteA concert in a Derbyshire cave had to be abandoned when a concert-goer got lost en route and ended up falling into the cavern, managing to hold on to a tree on the way down.

"The cavern"? What a strange opening paragraph.

Strange, too, that they don't actually confirm that the gig was occurring in the cavern, but just sort of vaguely allude to it in the end.

Jittlebags

Man with Cuban heels and a perm seen heading towards cave.

pigamus

Jockice

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 21, 2022, 10:50:26 AMI've been to the Devil's Arse a couple of times. It's lovely round there.

There are quite a few caves that double up as concert venues. Often see black metal bands in particular playing in them

There's been a few concerts there. Richard Hawley and Jarvis have both done one, there was a Cabaret Voltaire one planned but got cancelled and The Undertones are doing it in a few months.

I was a regular visitor to Castleton in my teens but haven't been for a few years. Used to love going down Speedwell Cavern.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Mister Six on May 21, 2022, 02:09:48 PM
QuoteA concert in a Derbyshire cave had to be abandoned when a concert-goer got lost en route and ended up falling into the cavern, managing to hold on to a tree on the way down.

"The cavern"? What a strange opening paragraph.

Strange, too, that they don't actually confirm that the gig was occurring in the cavern, but just sort of vaguely allude to it in the end.

And "... managing to hold on to a tree on the way down" sounds like he was already carrying a tree but managed not to drop it during the descent.
BBC News already begs its readers to send in their photos, perhaps now they're asking them to send in their copy too.

Mister Six

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 21, 2022, 08:17:17 PMAnd "... managing to hold on to a tree on the way down" sounds like he was already carrying a tree but managed not to drop it during the descent.
BBC News already begs its readers to send in their photos, perhaps now they're asking them to send in their copy too.

Ha, I thought "wow, the BBC really are shit" when I first looked at it, but the link's to The Guardian.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Mister Six on May 21, 2022, 09:02:47 PMHa, I thought "wow, the BBC really are shit" when I first looked at it, but the link's to The Guardian.
You can prove anything with facts.  I am a pillock.

Mister Six

Replies From View

QuoteThe rescuers rigged up a rope rescue system and lowered a volunteer down to reach the man, where he was secured in what Mountain Rescue called a "rescue nappy".

I'm pleased it's called this because he absolutely deserves to be humiliated for being such an absolute baby boy clutz idiot.  Annoying that his arms and the branch were strong enough to take his weight.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Replies From View on May 23, 2022, 10:40:52 AMI'm pleased it's called this because he absolutely deserves to be humiliated for being such an absolute baby boy clutz idiot.  Annoying that his arms and the branch were strong enough to take his weight.
Guardian now reporting that he's dead.

Joe Qunt

idunnosomename

Good. Fucking idiot getting lost and going on top of the cave instead of in it ruined it for everyone. His gravestone should just say DUNCE

Joe Qunt

Replies From View

Replies From View

I'm not joking when I report that I am actually quite aggrieved that he is still with us, alive.

As a kid you're taught don't fuck around on the climbing equipment, you'll die, don't descend via the outside of the bannisters, you'll die, don't swing on your chair, you'll die.

This wanker shows up and apparently none of that matters to him, do what I want mate.  Concert for me to cancel is there, right you are.

And doesn't fucking die.  It's double standards.