Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

SpiderChrist

iamcoop

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 23, 2022, 06:53:13 PMThat's the reassurance I needed, and knew I'd get here.

I'm not even trying to be a dry edgelord, we live in a post-accountability age now. These cunts can do literally anything they want and the world just keeps turning.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: iamcoop on May 23, 2022, 07:02:42 PMI'm not even trying to be a dry edgelord, we live in a post-accountability age now. These cunts can do literally anything they want and the world just keeps turning.

Oh yeah, I get that.

BritishHobo

Number 10 are saying the Met had seen the photograph. Or I think they might be saying that the Met "had access to photographs", which sounds much vaguer.

TrenterPercenter

It's still not 100% clear but it seems the line at least is that these photographs have been seen by the Met.  It doesn't make any sense, but it won't because it is obviously corrupt everyone is now just in for the ride to see how much he can get away with it.  Met now brought into serious disrepute no doubt they'll clear Starmer now to try and put up a veneer of political impartiality but it's clear to anyone not craven or an idiot what has gone on here.

Thursday

It's confusing because I thought it had basically been confirmed he was at multiple parties and he'd got a couple of fines, but every so often there's a new thing that comes along were people are like
"AH HA! SEE! SEE! THIS PROVES IT! NOW HE TRULY IS FINISHED" And I don't understand why it's supposed to be a revelation.

Quote from: Thursday on May 23, 2022, 07:46:13 PMIt's confusing because I thought it had basically been confirmed he was at multiple parties and he'd got a couple of fines, but every so often there's a new thing that comes along were people are like
"AH HA! SEE! SEE! THIS PROVES IT! NOW HE TRULY IS FINISHED" And I don't understand why it's supposed to be a revelation.

The biggest gotcha with the photos appears to be that the Met fined some of the people in the photos for attending this particular party, but not Legend Boris.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Thursday on May 23, 2022, 07:46:13 PMIt's confusing because I thought it had basically been confirmed he was at multiple parties and he'd got a couple of fines, but every so often there's a new thing that comes along were people are like
It isn't. The people posting that are just on a different grift, where they get to pretend mocking the scum in power is actually doing something.

jobotic

Does anyone not believe that the Met is the armed wing of the Tory party?

We know he broke the law, we know the police know that. We also know that both are above the law and are laughing in our faces.

He's about to give them the powers to crack the heads of anyone who dares protest anything, they fucking love him.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: iamcoop on May 23, 2022, 07:02:42 PMI'm not even trying to be a dry edgelord, we live in a post-accountability age now. These cunts can do literally anything they want and the world just keeps turning.

The exit door is just over here, come on in to 'given up, now I don't care enough to even try' land, it's nice here. I don't get upset about any of this shit any more.

Butchers Blind

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 23, 2022, 07:39:20 PMIt's still not 100% clear but it seems the line at least is that these photographs have been seen by the Met.  It doesn't make any sense, but it won't because it is obviously corrupt everyone is now just in for the ride to see how much he can get away with it.  Met now brought into serious disrepute no doubt they'll clear Starmer now to try and put up a veneer of political impartiality but it's clear to anyone not craven or an idiot what has gone on here.

Starmer's being investigated by Durham police. I doubt much will happen anyway given the Cummings thing, and I'm sure the Met could lean on them, but it's not quite as simple as it would be if the investigation was their own to spike.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 23, 2022, 07:39:20 PMIt's still not 100% clear but it seems the line at least is that these photographs have been seen by the Met.  It doesn't make any sense, but it won't because it is obviously corrupt everyone is now just in for the ride to see how much he can get away with it.  Met now brought into serious disrepute no doubt they'll clear Starmer now to try and put up a veneer of political impartiality but it's clear to anyone not craven or an idiot what has gone on here.

It's not the Met investigating Starmer is it? It's Durham PD. WILD CARD!

TrenterPercenter

Good point, maybe an opportunity for Durham to show the Met how to do it

Das Reboot

Mail front page tomorrow: Starmer Beergate day 198 Labour LIES hypocrisy etc

Pseudopath

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 23, 2022, 08:24:36 PMGood point, maybe an opportunity for Durham to show the Met how to do it

Would be quite funny if they gave Keith a fine after letting Cummings off the hook.

pigamus

https://twitter.com/ilovemypets56/status/1528786234524504067
Watching news.Johnson at Primary school in Orpington. Child hands Johnson a note. He reads it out. "Please come to our party." Well done to the teacher who organised that! 😂😂😂😂👍👏👏👏

Fambo Number Mive

QuotePeter Bone has told Times Radio that the photos obtained by ITV News of the PM attending an event in No 10 don't show a party.

An image of five bottles of wine on a table isn't from a party?

What is the green stuff in the dish on the right of the table? Mushy peas? And why is Johnson's red box just left out in the open at the party? Isn't it top secret?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 23, 2022, 09:59:31 PMAn image of five bottles of wine on a table isn't from a party?

with eight people there? hardly.

let's buy him a present. maybe a bear merman from shrewsbury or a great big wall clock he can put portraits of his children on each hour.

TrenterPercenter

You see what they will try and say "it isn't a party it's a leaving do" therefore "part of work" when leaving do are a) of course a party of sorts and b) not something you could have under the rules.

We were just at work and thought well our esteemed colleague was leaving but of course there were the covid rules so we just had a mini works leaving do as part of work, so it was at this point we respectfully got 4 bottles of wine, some gin, crisps.....

idunnosomename

maybe i'd trust are brave press more if they didnt blur out all their mates

jobotic

Wasn't it a leaving do for Cain? Who Johnson sacked? So not a leaving do, a celebration.

We all went to work throughout lockdown, whether we were open to the public or not. My colleague of years who is greatly missed left and we did fuck all for her.

Blinder Data

everyone will go mad for a bit but the cunt will stagger on. if both by-elections on 23 June go badly for the Tories, they might make a move. or maybe later in the year the parliament inquiry will find a backbone and call him a liar. which would surely be too much for his MPs to bear...?

if not, he is taking the Tory party down with him at the next election. we're stuck till then

Johnny Yesno

I dunno if it's been posted already but this is good shit:

Mhairi Black's Epic Speech on Tory Fascism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNy_JvKxJG8

And I know it's a self selecting sample but check out the comments underneath too.

Yeah, this week's shit storm requires more pictures to do any significant damage. Look at the impact of a grainy creeper shot of Starmer. If there's more pics than the slippery pig might squeal. The state of things mean he probably bumbles on for a few more months.

jobotic

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 24, 2022, 12:03:48 AMeveryone will go mad for a bit but the cunt will stagger on. if both by-elections on 23 June go badly for the Tories, they might make a move. or maybe later in the year the parliament inquiry will find a backbone and call him a liar. which would surely be too much for his MPs to bear...?

if not, he is taking the Tory party down with him at the next election. we're stuck till then

Remember them saying they'd wait to see how the local elections went (while pretending that was somehow principled and not cynical)? 500 Tory arsehole councillors gone and not a peep.

shoulders

Presumably no-one is queuing up to be leader during what will be the biggest downturn in the country's fortunes since the financial crash.

TrenterPercenter

I don't think there is any chance of him going.  He will be promising some broadside against Labour that will get them through the next election.  Whether that works or not is another matter.  I don't even seem any advantage to getting rid of him either, they've got no-one and they know it when you bring in someone like Johnson you've become a one man outfit, they sink or swim with him, and if they sink it's all about rising again with someone else.

Meanwhile what the Tories have been doing (and always do) is build you massive issues for any incoming government.  The Tory has also been about 50% opportunists that ride government as long as they can until people cotton on they are shysters, that percentage has grown massively since Cameron.  Part of the cycle is, they fuck things up, Labour come in having to try and fix things (for the country not just their mates which is an exponentially bigger task), its a policy of poisoning the well so your enemies struggle after you've gone - they don't care if that is the country and the people in that are the casualties in that.

Self preservation and greed first, always.

SteveDave

Fuck me

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/grant-shapps-claims-not-partying-27047663

QuoteTory Grant Shapps has bizarrely claimed Boris Johnson was "clearly not partying" when he raised fizz surrounded by booze at a No10 party.

The Cabinet ally said the Prime Minister "lost his mum during the period", despite the fact Charlotte Johnson Wahl died "suddenly" 10 months after the party happened.

But again, nothing will happen.