Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Complaining about ban evasion on an account that is locked to avoid being banned for ban evasion after at least 5 other accounts of his have been banned for combinations of abuse and ban evasion. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Ex_GC

From the latest shitstack

"This is one of those great blunders trans rights activists can't help making.

I met Doctor Az Hakeem and Stella O'Malley (who is being smeared in a similar way in Ireland by the deeply dishonest Mick Barry) only this Friday along with some other fascinating people, Helen Joyce, and Heather Brunskell Evans among them, and while he couldn't tell us about the patient that Strudwick had interviewed without breaking doctor-patient confidentiality, he did let us know that Strudwick's hitjob was coming. He seemed entirely nonplussed about it...carefree, I would say, and now I know why.

Poor old Patrick Strudwick has, along with Nancy Kelly, proved that basic talking therapy would be made illegal in the world that they're fighting for. I was about to explain all this in a post when I saw that Dennis Kavanagh had already written the piece. He very kindly gave me permission to re-publish it here."

I love the part where he claims he was about to write a post but then saw that someone else had written a piece on it. Hilarious. He calls himself a journalist. Would a journalist be able to say "I was about to write an article but then saw another publication had written a piece so I just decided to use that instead". Still, at least he asked for permission which is more than he does with a lot of the women he steals work from to put on his paid blog

fancywookiee

Seems worth noting that the dinner was held just over the road from where Stella O'Malley had just been attending and speaking at a conference held by the ultra-conservative evangelical Family Education Trust. She and James Esses were there.

https://transsafety.network/posts/fet-conference-may-2022/

Looking at some of the stuff this group is up to in the article and yeah, trying to get rid of HPV vaccination, abortion access and contraception seems really, really feminist.

Twit 2

Sonny_Jim

To be fair, I thought it meant the same as Greybum did, to be not really bothered about something.  But then again I'm not a BAFTA award winning writer.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: fancywookiee on May 24, 2022, 06:55:29 AMSeems worth noting that the dinner was held just over the road from where Stella O'Malley had just been attending and speaking at a conference held by the ultra-conservative evangelical Family Education Trust. She and James Esses were there.

https://transsafety.network/posts/fet-conference-may-2022/

Looking at some of the stuff this group is up to in the article and yeah, trying to get rid of HPV vaccination, abortion access and contraception seems really, really feminist.

But you see, women are happy to surrender their reproductive rights and pass up a vaccine that can reduce their risk of cervical cancer if it stops trans people existing.

pigamus

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 24, 2022, 07:15:33 AMAdd not knowing what nonplussed means to his crimes.

Trying to work out what he meant. Nonchalant?

The Guppy

Unfazed.

edit: I just googled 'nonplussed' and it can mean 'unperturbed', IN NORTH AMERICA. Once again he's relying on Grammarly.

GoblinAhFuckScary

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: The Guppy on May 24, 2022, 08:54:26 AMUnfazed.

edit: I just googled 'nonplussed' and it can mean 'unperturbed', IN NORTH AMERICA. Once again he's relying on Grammarly.

Norm would disagree

The Guppy

phes

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 24, 2022, 08:22:07 AMBut you see, women are happy to surrender their reproductive rights and pass up a vaccine that can [massively] reduces their risk of cervical cancer [and numerous other HPV+ cancers in both women and men] if it stops trans people existing.

Just to make clear than anyone fighting an HPV vaccine is consigning future generations to largely preventable cancers. Also willingly burdening every step of the healthcare pathway for cancer

retsuza

By the way in the middle of Graham and his gang of TERFs hanging out with and praising wealthy right-wing assholes and going to dinners with 'em and generally just deepthroating conservative freaks, Banana-in-Chief tweets this:

The other day you were retweeting Matt "Theocratic Fascist" Walsh you dopey cunt.

Quote from: retsuza on May 24, 2022, 10:06:18 AMThe other day you were retweeting Matt "Theocratic Fascist" Walsh you dopey cunt.

Don't forget BC was saying that "Ron Rick DeSantis is doing great in Florida" recentley

Barry Admin

phantom_power

It is really amazing that these people believe (or pretend to believe to make others do so) that trans allies are really cheering on girls cutting their breasts off and scary violent men being allowed into women's shelters. If in order to believe what you believe you have to make your opponents absolute evil, maybe you need to examine those thought processes.

phantom_power

"They're just jokes" just doesn't fucking cut it in the world we live in today where trans people are being victimised and (in America) made illegal. I doubt he makes similar jokes about PoC or gay people because they have too prominent a voice, and he would be too scared of offending the wrong person. It isn't even being subversive or transgressive. It is just saying what the right wing media and politicians are thinking anyway

retsuza

Feel sorry for Graham, he once said there's nothing he hates more than bullies. Can you even imagine the self-loathing he's bound to have.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 24, 2022, 10:25:13 AMRicky Gervais - Supernature trans joke

Hmmm, i've had a bit of a binge watching Ricky Gervais stuff a while back, and it just slapped me in the face how much repetition is in all of his work. I mean "on the road with david brent" or whatever really is just ... the same joke as 20 years before. Guess this just drives the point home some more.

In regards to the content ... fucking sucks.

JaDanketies

He's always been part of the culture wars in his standup though, in retrospect.

Ex_GC

I saw a tweet from a woman who was laid off by Netflix and lost medical insurance her medical insurance as a result. Her partner has cancer. And GL is celebrating people losing their jobs? Absolute cunt

RicoMNKN

Fucking hell, that Gervais stuff is lazier shit than I was expecting he'd do.  Hopefully he'll lose some Hollywood pals over it.

Good PR for James Acaster, though.  The Cold Lasagne clip is presumably doing the rounds again.

phantom_power

If it is "just jokes" then why is he addressing very specific topics that GC people want to be the wedge issues? And why are they lazy, unfunny, first thought shite?

I hate that "cake and eat it" attitude of calling someone a woke snowflake for getting offended by a routine that is specifically written to be offensive. That is the only "humour" there really, the OTT offensiveness