Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

QuoteOn BBC Breakfast, when asked to accept it was a party, Shapps said: "It's certainly a leaving event." And on the Today programme he explained why he did not think the picture showed Johnson partying:

It looks to me that he was asked to go and thank a member of staff who was leaving, raises the glass to them, and I imagine comes in and out pretty quick, which is presumably why the police have not issued a fixed penalty notice to the prime minister for a moment.

This is basically the Tories telling the police what to say isn't it.

Fambo Number Mive

Quoteimagine comes in and out pretty quick

I bet he does the dirty old bollocks.

Inspector Norse

Michael Green Sebastian Fox Corinne Stockheath Grant Shapps in talking bollocks shocker

jobotic

Apparently, these weren't leaving drinks, they were regular drinks and Johnson was there for twenty five minutes pouring drinks. Everyone interviewed by the met said this and they didn't even send him a questionairre.

idunnosomename

Its incredible how Shapps, the transport secretary, is always sent on the media circuit despite being shit at it. He must be a real bottom-feeder in the cabinet

Uncle TechTip

Friday drinks a regular occurrence, just like in offices up and down the land.

QuoteThe Times has been told that Johnson suggested Gray should drop her plans to publish her report during a secret meeting with him earlier this month. Steve Barclay, his chief of staff, was also said to have been present.

"He asked her, is there much point in doing it now that it's all out there?" a Whitehall source said. "He was inferring that she didn't need to publish the report." Another added: "They were exploring this idea of not having any report. It was being talked about [in Downing Street]. But politically they realised they couldn't do it."

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 10:59:18 AMIts incredible how Shapps, the transport secretary, is always sent on the media circuit despite being shit at it. He must be a real bottom-feeder in the cabinet

What is known as a "sponge"

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 24, 2022, 10:28:53 AMMichael Green Sebastian Fox Corinne Stockheath Grant Shapps in talking bollocks shocker

Blimey! Another pseudonym. I wasn't previously aware of Corinne Stockheath. Definitely a trustworthy man is Shapps.

Fambo Number Mive

From the Metro:

QuoteInsiders at Downing Street lockdown parties have described how staff crowded together, sat on each other's laps and mocked colleagues who tried to stop what was going on during regular events.

Speaking to BBC Panorama on the condition of anonymity, the staffers described arriving for work the morning after a get-together to find bottles lying around parts of the building, bins overflowing with rubbish and empties left on the table...

They blamed the culture of rule-breaking on the prime minister, suggesting he 'wanted to be liked' and for staff to be able to 'let their hair down'.

They said he would often pop through to events on the way to his flat – and never told people to break up and go home.

An insider said: 'He wasn't saying, "Can everyone break up and go home? Can everyone socially distance? Can everyone put masks on?"

'No, he wasn't telling anybody that. He was grabbing a glass for himself.'...

Junior staff are said to be furious that some of them attended the same lockdown busting events as the prime minister and have received multiple fines, while Mr Johnson received just one.

One of the insiders told the BBC that younger members of the team 'did not think they were breaking the rules at the time because the prime minister was at [the events], some of the most senior civil servants in the country were at them – and were indeed organising some of them'...

Famous Mortimer

Zetetic

Lordofthefiles

The Met, The Media, The Politicians...

20 GOTO 10

Eat your heart out Daniel Morgan.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteFellow Tory MP Stuart Anderson also said: "People have moved on from this."

Have they? I think a lot of people are still angry.

jobotic

Inspector Norse

So the Sue Gray report has LANDED and Churchill's Heir will give a statement on it after PMQs.

Given that the media's top secret bald, bespectacled source released a few photos on Monday just after the Met investigation had been zipped up, what are the chances that he is sitting on some even more damning pics which will mysteriously arrive in the inbox of a top ITV or Mirror reporter sometime in the next 48 hours?

robhug

if bojo was certain relaxing gun laws would be that popular with his core voters that it would get him in again, I'm absolutely certain he'd do it

Butchers Blind

greencalx

Seems pretty toothless, from a skim read. Just states what has happened on each occasion, without making any judgement on whether it would have been Allowed or Not Allowed at the time (though I didn't read it properly so may have missed).

shoulders

Does the report say why the police who were there and knew what was happening, and knew it was against the law did nothing?

jobotic

Mobius

shoulders

Snap Verdict

The cunt doesn't do anything except apologise. If he was going to be defenestrated by his party they would have had the guts to do it by now. Nor will 'lessons be learnt'. If anything, Johnson escaping from this will lead to further, greater abuses just as happens with feckless recidivism.

Fambo Number Mive

Telling how many photos of Johnson and Sunak not wearing masks there are.

Remember when Johnson was pictured at a hospital not wearing a mask?

jobotic

Can we please move on to destroying unions, the judiciary and human rights? Thank you.