Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The haunting melancholy of Bergerac - a study of loss through nostalgia

Started by BlodwynPig, November 11, 2017, 04:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

There was an episode on Drama just now with Mike Grady (Barry from Summer Wine), Denis Lil (Cassandra's dad Alan in OFAH) and a bloke who I've seen in a couple of things; he played a gangster in The Sweeney.

BONUS: The Professionals on ITV4 now featuring Roger Lloyd-Pack!

Replies From View

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on May 23, 2022, 11:57:56 AMBergerac does wear a woolly jumper though, right?

It's to soak up the beer spills, the alcoholic bastard.

Replies From View

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on May 23, 2022, 03:30:49 PMDoesn't it expand quite grossly with all the volume?

He buys a new one every week from Benests. Superlative!

Oh yeah that actor I mentioned what I saw in The Sweeney is Tony Selby.

Quote from: Glebe on May 23, 2022, 08:09:18 AMThere was an episode on Drama just now with Mike Grady (Barry from Summer Wine), Denis Lil (Cassandra's dad Alan in OFAH) and a bloke who I've seen in a couple of things; he played a gangster in The Sweeney.

BONUS: The Professionals on ITV4 now featuring Roger Lloyd-Pack!

Roger Lloyd-Pack playing Carlos the Jackal of all things!

Glebe

Quote from: A Hat Like That on May 23, 2022, 04:46:41 PMRoger Lloyd-Pack playing Carlos the Jackal of all things!

Oh right! I had the sound down. He did look very '70s with his weird-shaped hair mop and big funky shades!

For anyone just tuning in, the Trigger actor played Carlos the Jackal in The Professionals, not Bergerac sadly!

monkfromhavana

gilbertharding

Saw one last week (on Drama) which featured Jock McClaren off of Porridge as a boxer. I hadn't seen it since 1983 - WHICH IS FORTY THREE YEARS AGO - and yet still remembered that one of the clues (after it was telegraphed with such heavy-handedness by Annette Badland reading aloud from the newspaper) was that he was a southpaw. Hilarious stuff.

Charlie Hungerford only peripherally involved. Diamante Lil key witness.

gilbertharding

monkfromhavana

I do like a bit of The Professionals. Badly dubbed foreign hitmen being played by familiar 70s face (even if you don't know their names), a bit of the old proto-fascism, mindless violence, awful joke endings, the way the plots wildly veered, one episode they've up against KGB heavies, the next they're investigating skimming in the building trade.

Total childish nonsense.

jenna appleseed

Got the theme tune stuck in my head, thanks to walking through the local indoor market for the first time in ages and them playing the theme tune to Bergerac instead of the usual music.
 Very disconcerting.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jenna appleseed on May 24, 2022, 09:12:25 PMGot the theme tune stuck in my head, thanks to walking through the local indoor market for the first time in ages and them playing the theme tune to Bergerac instead of the usual music.
 Very disconcerting.

George Fenton original I hope.

pigamus

Lost Oliver

Anyone here a fan of Stevie Ocean? Here he is, in one of his two Bergarac cameos.

If you've never heard of him, I beg you to watch the documentary made about him. It's absolutely incredible.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: jenna appleseed on May 24, 2022, 09:12:25 PMGot the theme tune stuck in my head, thanks to walking through Benests and/or Fineprice for the first time in ages and them playing the theme tune to Bergerac instead of the usual music.
 Very disconcerting.

Glebe

Episode on Drama at the mo, 'The Deadly Virus' about anti-vivisectionists releasing lab monkeys. Think I'd seen it before, before I even saw his face I guessed correctly that one of the cast was Cassandra's boss Steve from OFAH (Daniel Hill apparently). Also the late David Swift (thanks Wiki) from Drop the Dead Donkey as a zoo doctor. Just discovered that he was Clive Swift's brother, blimey, had no idea!

gilbertharding

Quote from: Glebe on June 14, 2022, 03:16:54 PMEpisode on Drama at the mo, 'The Deadly Virus' about anti-vivisectionists releasing lab monkeys. Think I'd seen it before, before I even saw his face I guessed correctly that one of the cast was Cassandra's boss Steve from OFAH (Daniel Hill apparently). Also the late David Swift (thanks Wiki) from Drop the Dead Donkey as a zoo doctor. Just discovered that he was Clive Swift's brother, blimey, had no idea!

Watched a bit of this with my breakfast before going to work. I liked the freeze frame and squeal when about 12 marksmen pulled their triggers. Who dunnit in the end?

Glebe

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 14, 2022, 03:23:04 PMWatched a bit of this with my breakfast before going to work. I liked the freeze frame and squeal when about 12 marksmen pulled their triggers. Who dunnit in the end?

Let's just say there was an interesting new range of chipsteaks available at Benests of Millbrook and Fineprice there next day!