Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex_GC

They are utterly deluded. What makes them think Ricky Gervais would love to help?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 25, 2022, 12:01:03 PMIsn't it already revealed in some camcorder footage that Brennan has a son? Sort-of an extension of his other sordid stuff like talking to Ted over the phone while sat in a golden bath with beautiful women etc.
yes. Well, the part of that son could be played by Gervais.

damien

I love the idea that Gervais would throw in a small fortune to fund a musical. U2 (and co) lost $60 Million on the Spider-Man musical, but then i suppose in Glincel world Father Ted is a much bigger name than Spider-Man.

JaDanketies

We can only hope that when Helen said, "Graham, I sent this script to David O Doherty and he's refusing to work with me because of your Twitter account," or any one of a number of similar conversations, he did not fly off the handle at her.

There's no doubt that if my internet bullshit led to ongoing problems in my fiancee's career, and I was continuing with reckless abandon, it would be a massive schism in our relationship. So there might be a thread of truth in his "she left me because of money" complaint.

Barry Admin

I suppose glincels and transphobes in general are so used to throwing money at whatever they're told to, that they think this scales up with fame, and that Gervais and JK Rowling should be happy to fund a musical that's already doomed to financial failure because of its connections to anti-trans activism.

They're also delusional enough to think that twitter facilitates a real relationship to these people, and that it's surely only a matter of time before they're invited to the next Rowling Lunch.

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 25, 2022, 11:53:51 AMIt's just so needless. On paper he had it all a few years back but chose to tank it. And for what? Nothing, absolutely nothing. He has got absolutely nothing to show for the last few years except fake online friendships from people he wouldn't even give the time of day to outside of transphobia

Ex_GC

Quote from: damien on May 25, 2022, 12:11:44 PMI love the idea that Gervais would throw in a small fortune to fund a musical. U2 (and co) lost $60 Million on the Spider-Man musical, but then i suppose in Glincel world Father Ted is a much bigger name than Spider-Man.

Especially when Ricky Gervais does not seem to have ever worked with GL. But yeah of course there's a chance he'd love to help

Ex_GC

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 25, 2022, 12:18:01 PM

Yep when "this fight" ends (in his head) he imagines he will be welcomed back to blue tick celebrity circles and they'll be on their knees begging for forgiveness. So therefore he won't need to associate with the online better friends of his life any longer

retsuza

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 25, 2022, 12:18:01 PM

Look I don't like you, and you don't like me. But we all hate transgendered people.

Gusty OWindflap

Like others have mentioned, I have noticed that Graham only ever refers to his son being over, or having to drop his son home etc.

And there's been a recent uptick in mentions of fighting to protect this daughter. What BC says at any given moment is usually in response to what he's dealing with around that time. And it's also usually to push back against some valid criticism or other.

So I'd imagine he's dealing with some valid grievances over his lack of adequate parenting with regard to his daughter.

As with everything in Bananaland, rather than attempt to address the actual issue and be a better parent/human/writer, Graham has decided to continue spewing vile bigotry online and frame himself as a hero, protecting all his wimmins. It's a bold strategy, let's see how it plays out...

Ex_GC

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 25, 2022, 12:01:31 PMOh god yeah, I love it when the glincels spitball comedy idea for him.

His relationships are transactional so I'm not sure that would bother him, provided the praise and hero worship keeps flowing in.

I suspect he's pretty content in many ways, tbh. Not happy, but content. All he wants is to feed his impulses, and he gets to do that by sitting on twitter being a cunt all day long. Then he nicks a load of other people's work, shoves it on his blog and says "I hope they don't mind", and rakes in the winter fuel allowance. Doesn't need to moderate it or do fuck all really.

I totally agree that relationships are transactional to him but I also think he would much rather those transactional relationships existed in the form of the blue ticks he previously rubbed shoulders with

@Gusty OWindflap  he is the type of person that can never admit he's wrong, it's always someone else's fault- except when it's an "apology" that is for his own benefit like his "unreserved apology" to Ian Miles Cheong. He probably thinks apologising is a sign of weakness. Imagine thinking that you are absolutely complete as a person and have no need to ever grow or evolve

Rich Uncle Skeleton

well if he thinks that's going to translate to tearful, howling apologies and lucrative job offers I think, just maybe, he's got another thing coming.

JamesTC

Surprised he decided to change the name of Pope Ted to Father Ted The Final Episode. I guess we can now start calling it Nope Ted.

frajer

Love that in the terf's mythology, Gervais is now definitely Linehan's comrade-in-arms.

'Father Ted: The Tacky Tack-on Musical Episode' will 100% be a joint-funded production between Linehan, Gervais and JK Rowling (JK Rowling) and we are painfully naive for thinking it's a shit idea that will never get made.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: frajer on May 25, 2022, 12:56:56 PM'Father Ted: The Tacky Tack-on Musical Episode' will 100% be a joint-funded production between Linehan, Gervais and JK Rowling (JK Rowling) and we are painfully naive for thinking it's a shit idea that will never get made.

Oh god imagine if he goes begging to Rowling or Gervais, who both have the means to bankroll such a vanity project, but almost certainly won't... it'd result in such an amazing benny.

Juan K Perros

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 25, 2022, 09:43:33 AMWhat the Glincels fail to see that even though he's happy to take their money he doesn't actually want to be on a locked Twitter account hanging out with them. He wants to be rubbing shoulders with successful blue ticks and the bitterness that he isn't is consuming him. He'd drop the Glincels like a hot potato if he could get his blue tick and former life back

He's Trump.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 25, 2022, 01:00:05 PMOh god imagine if he goes begging to Rowling or Gervais, who both have the means to bankroll such a vanity project, but almost certainly won't... it'd result in such an amazing benny.
he wont. hes got Gervais on his traitors list and hes terrified at getting the Lisa-Simpson-at-Ralph-Wiggum treatment from Joanne

Ex_GC

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 25, 2022, 01:04:04 PMhe wont. hes got Gervais on his traitors list and hes terrified at getting the Lisa-Simpson-at-Ralph-Wiggum treatment from Joanne

Yeah he won't go to them directly but I've no doubt he requested the Glincels create the Free Father Ted hashtag in an effort to get the attention of Gervais and Rowling. Arty tweeted Gervais directly too. I'm sure that came from a GL request

Who came up with Glincels, BTW?

Sonny_Jim

canadagoose

Glincels hoping they get invited to The Lunch is just another brick in the cult wall. Everything about the "movement" is cult-like. The way it takes over people's lives and makes them care about nothing else; the millenarianism; their set phrases they copy from those higher up in the "fight"... How it's not been exposed as a cult in the media is very strange.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 25, 2022, 01:13:00 PMWho came up with Glincels, BTW?

Not sure, I can't even remember whether I saw it here first or on twitter first but I use it as much as I can as it is so fitting, see also wingcels for Wings Over Scotland acolytes

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Gusty OWindflap on May 25, 2022, 12:28:41 PMLike others have mentioned, I have noticed that Graham only ever refers to his son being over, or having to drop his son home etc.
Let's not speculate. Could just be that daughter is over 18 and therefore not subject to custody/visitation.

canadagoose

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 25, 2022, 01:44:25 PM

(Limmy voice) I've got no idea who or what I'm fighting, aye?

If their activities weren't so damaging and bigoted the whole bunch of them would be hilarious.

Ex_GC

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 25, 2022, 01:37:32 PMNot sure, I can't even remember whether I saw it here first or on twitter first but I use it as much as I can as it is so fitting, see also wingcels for Wings Over Scotland acolytes

It's genius. One of those things you see and wish you had come up with yourself!