Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Just watching that latest BananaBunker video where he says this:

QuoteI'm actually going to ask them for the amount of money they were going to pay me to step away, to allow them to do the musical.  So, we'll see what happens
Isn't that what they were asking in the first place?  Or is he just trying to get a lump sum + royalties?

Ex_GC

I'm guessing he wants the lump sum and the royalties too. Doesn't understand the concept of them wanting to buy him out

"Hat Trick and Sonia Friedman owe me an apology" Seriously what is this mans obsession with being owed apologies

idunnosomename

The Hat Trick logo except instead of a giant rabbit pulling a magician out of a hat, it's putting Graham Linehan in the pedal bin

JamesTC

Please pay me 200k for that thing you aren't doing because I refused to take 200k to step away from it. I am not a crackpot.

Ex_GC

Fucking hell. Yet another alternate reality comment from a Glincel. Did Netflix really tell 'woke employees' to 'take a hike'? Or were there job losses because they're losing subscribers? The Glincels really believe that every single thing in the world revolves around their obsession

"Netflix too telling woke employees that don't want to work on certain shows to take a hike. Media is hugely competitive and if Hat Trick don't have the courage to stand up to their employees and give the public what they want to see, they won't last."

Cold Meat Platter

Wonder what the result would be if he took a large dose of psilocybin or LSD.
The revelations as to how he is perceived by others would be... intense.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

he's already the Syd Barrett of all this, let's not make it worse!

Kankurette

Quote from: king_tubby on May 25, 2022, 11:39:56 AMHah, no he's ridiculously large and very timid.
Bless. My cat is absolutely nothing like Gary Speed, who he's named after. I retroactively gave him the middle name of Nigel after Nigel 'you're an ostrich' Pearson, who he's much more like.

wrec

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on May 25, 2022, 03:04:33 PMhe's already the Syd Barrett of all this, let's not make it worse!

Bananas Graham
Had a strange hobby

Kankurette

Celebrating a big corporation sacking loads of people is not exactly very leftist, is it, Greybum?

gilbertharding

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on May 25, 2022, 05:24:57 AM"its about protecting my daughter" says man who harassed teenage girls for disagreeing with him instead of spending time with his actual daughter, who has at least once forgotten he had a daughter, and barely sees her because his wife left him and took the kids with her.

Please for crying out loud tell me the 'Cotton ceiling' is pure invention.

"I don't care..." are you sure they didn't say "I don't believe you."?

Cold Meat Platter

Imagine that big sweaty head bearing down on you in an act of passion.
Never mind a BAFTA, that woman deserves a fucking medal.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 25, 2022, 02:58:12 PMWonder what the result would be if he took a large dose of psilocybin or LSD.
I get the feeling that Glinner is the kind of person who could walk into a perfectly functioning Total Perspective Vortex and sit there for a bit and go 'Yeah well, *you* didn't support J.K Rowling lunch' and the thing would just explode.

Barry Admin

Have you noticed in that new bunker video how he can't keep a straight face when he says that Alison Bailey has been cancelled. He just so obviously doesn't believe any of it but loves the drama and attention.

Meanwhile glincels are in the comments like he's one of the fucking Beatles.

"You've been so important to my peaking"

Kankurette

He could always just get the fuck off the internet and write the musical, but he won't because that would require effort.

JaDanketies

I remember Suzanne Moore tweeting in the midst of some controversy about her being transphobic that she was in Holland on mushrooms and it had convinced her that she was totally right, and actually a hero. Maybe it's different on these folks with perhaps some kind of ego disorders

Cold Meat Platter

Well maybe just save that for when these threads start to slow down, Graham. Then have a good old go on the drugs and we'll have a look at what happens.

(Don't)

Mister Six

Ex_GC

The GCs idea that patients can demand a nurse of their choosing is pure fantasy. Where do you draw the line then? Can I have a white nurse, can I have a blonde nurse, I don't like this nurse, etc etc

retsuza

He said the same thing looking at his head in the mirror this morning.

wrec

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 25, 2022, 10:28:59 AMI like how bulling is being redefined to mean 'politely declined work from a woman because her husband is a fucking maniac'.

It's not even clear if he turned it down for that reason is it?

Ex_GC

Quote from: wrec on May 25, 2022, 04:10:24 PMIt's not even clear if he turned it down for that reason is it?

He said "she asked me to read a thing and I said why I couldn't", that would imply he couldn't work with their production company because of banana behaviour

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: wrec on May 25, 2022, 04:10:24 PMIt's not even clear if he turned it down for that reason is it?

I thought DO'D's response made it relatively clear he was part of the reasoning.

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 25, 2022, 04:12:18 PMHe said "she asked me to read a thing and I said why I couldn't", that would imply he couldn't work with their production company because of banana behaviour

I thought the sentence after that "I was quite empathetic given the hurt you've caused to..." was more of a tell personally. But these are my interpretations, so.