Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:54:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2022, 01:30:51 PMOne of the best strategies Labour could follow right now is dropping their focus on Johnson, identifying the next candidate for Tory leader, and heaping shit onto them in advance of their ascension.

We're back to the question of who could replace Johnson? Especially now Sunak has been trashed.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2022, 01:27:26 PMThey will work out the optimum time for changing leader, based on things like making sure none of the current stink sticks to the new person yet giving them enough time to bed in as a personality.

Don't forget letting him get through a load of horrid (red meat) polices that can then be distanced to previous management (but still kept in place obviously)

QuoteOr maybe they want to lose the next election, and let a centrist Labour Party take the hit for the state the Tories leave the country in but not make any meaningful changes while the Tories reconfigure.

This also.  The Tories essentially, this iteration more than any other, are a bunch of financier brokers that are looking manage the country to the benefit of their lobbyists.  They do this for as long as they can before getting found out and kicked out, then the humble roots of some well meaning wets takes over and attempt to build the party up again for another attempt to gorge themselves on public trust - rinse and repeat.  This is the problem with just constantly viewing shit Labour as the shittiest of the shit, when all the approximate centrist hoodwinking, corporate interests and removal of democratic accountability is done on steroids in the Tory Party. 

Both parties do it some degree because we live in a world where powerful people have a lot of influence and political parties (even Corbyn would have had to do this) have to work in a mixed economy, but the idea that Labour are anywhere near the levels of corruption the Tories operate under is just counter to reality.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Blumf on May 31, 2022, 01:34:56 PMWe're back to the question of who could replace Johnson? Especially now Sunak has been trashed.

Quite. So far it's been better the devil you know.

There's no frontrunner anymore so they risk replacing Johnson with an oddball like Truss. I could see Ben Wallace being pushed as the "safe hands" option, and maybe a dull seemingly effective PM could beat similarly low-energy Starmer at the next GE.

Whoever takes over will come up against rising inflation, energy/food costs, and a Tory party that is totally split on how to respond. I don't expect Johnson's successor to fare well, whoever they are.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2022, 01:30:51 PMOne of the best strategies Labour could follow right now is dropping their focus on Johnson, identifying the next candidate for Tory leader, and heaping shit onto them in advance of their ascension.

All Tories have skeletons in their closets and now will be the time to dig them out.
Or they could concentrate on formulating and communicating their policies to the British public.

Paul Calf

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 31, 2022, 01:46:42 PMDon't forget letting him get through a load of horrid (red meat) polices that can then be distanced to previous management (but still kept in place obviously)

This also.  The Tories essentially, this iteration more than any other, are a bunch of financier brokers that are looking manage the country to the benefit of their lobbyists.  They do this for as long as they can before getting found out and kicked out, then the humble roots of some well meaning wets takes over and attempt to build the party up again for another attempt to gorge themselves on public trust - rinse and repeat.  This is the problem with just constantly viewing shit Labour as the shittiest of the shit, when all the approximate centrist hoodwinking, corporate interests and removal of democratic accountability is done on steroids in the Tory Party. 

Both parties do it some degree because we live in a world where powerful people have a lot of influence and political parties (even Corbyn would have had to do this) have to work in a mixed economy, but the idea that Labour are anywhere near the levels of corruption the Tories operate under is just counter to reality.

Yeah.

I mean, governments can change things to make it harder for a future government to corruptly enrich themselves rather than gently lubing the loopholes and fucking themselves silly at the pig orgy but I see the bar's been beaten so low that we now consider this to be well above the abilities of a Labour government.

Sebastian Cobb

I put something as proactive as 'being able to accurately guess the next potential leader and dig up dirt ahead of time' well beyond the abilities of the current Labour party.

olliebean

I honestly think those of the Tories who are still publicly supporting him have painted themselves into a corner. What else is possibly going to be revealed now, that they can credibly claim "This was the thing that made me realise he was a wrong-un"?

Replies From View

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 31, 2022, 02:48:49 PMOr they could concentrate on formulating and communicating their policies to the British public.

This does not exclude what I have said.

jobotic

Quote from: olliebean on May 31, 2022, 03:25:47 PMI honestly think those of the Tories who are still publicly supporting him have painted themselves into a corner. What else is possibly going to be revealed now, that they can credibly claim "This was the thing that made me realise he was a wrong-un"?

According to the Guardian those who have voiced doubts are getting phone calls offering them promotions if they back Big Muthafuckin Dawg. All of em?

And the Science Minister has basically said "you knew he was a cunt when you voted him in so what you whining about?" which is a fair point of you're making it to a Tory.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on May 31, 2022, 03:25:47 PMI honestly think those of the Tories who are still publicly supporting him have painted themselves into a corner. What else is possibly going to be revealed now, that they can credibly claim "This was the thing that made me realise he was a wrong-un"?

Boris Johnson has secretly been saving homeless people from death, fed, clothed and housed them using his own money.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2022, 03:35:05 PMBoris Johnson has secretly been saving homeless people from death, fed, clothed and housed them using his own money.

well 7 or 8 of them

Replies From View

Alberon

This is it. He's finished now!

QuoteBoris Johnson's standards adviser says there is a "legitimate question" over whether the PM broke the ministerial code after getting fined for Partygate.

Lord Geidt said he repeatedly told the PM's team to be ready to explain if his actions stuck within the rules - even if he thought there was no breach.

But he said the advice had not been "heeded", calling on Mr Johnson to set out his case to the public.

The prime minister said he does not consider his fine to be a breach.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 31, 2022, 11:16:55 PMthis time boris has got to go!!!!!!!!!
Emma! Please use your Twitter clout to bring back "Planet Mirth"!

Fambo Number Mive

In Germany they are allowing people to travel on all local and regional trains, buses and metro services for 9 euros a month for the next three months to reduce the cost of living. Meanwhile here billionaire Sunak offers a few crumbs and expects people to be grateful.

Des Wigwam

Where did I see that Johnson has re-written the ministerial code to remove Honesty and Integrity wording? Not doing the lazy "did I dream it" thing but was it a dream? I have a very vivd memory of seeing it. Here would be the obvious place but can't see it.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Des Wigwam on June 01, 2022, 04:50:45 PMWhere did I see that Johnson has re-written the ministerial code to remove Honesty and Integrity wording? Not doing the lazy "did I dream it" thing but was it a dream? I have a very vivd memory of seeing it. Here would be the obvious place but can't see it.
On page 15 of this very thread:

Quote from: Darles Chickens on May 27, 2022, 04:04:39 PMWho saw this coming then? I sure as hell didn't.

Boris Johnson changes ministerial code to avoid need to resign over breaches

There's yer totalitarian regime right there. Just a step away from abolishing regular elections. They just do what they want now.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson's latest excuse is that it would be irresponsbile of him to resign.

QuoteOne user asked: "Why should we believe anything you say when it's been proven you're a habitual liar?"

Mr Johnson said he did not accept the description or the premise of the question. "People throw all sorts of accusations at me about all sorts of things ... you've just got to look at the record of what I deliver," he said.

The prime minister went on to be asked if he would resign over the Partygate scandal. "I cannot see how it would be responsible right now, with everything that's going on, simply to abandon ... the project on which I embarked," he said...

Remind me how loyal he was to the previous Prime Minister? And what project has he embarked on? The one of enjoying the trappings of office and sneering at the public?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-mumsnet-resignation-no-confidence-latest-b2092434.html

Butchers Blind

jobotic

frajer

Our PM is one brave boy. Did you see him walk up them steps? Gor bless im.

Fambo Number Mive

BBC News claims Johnson arrived to a mixture of boos and cheers. I didn't hear any cheers in the video.

I imagine the sort of person who travels to see the Royal Family is quite conservative so  it's pretty telling.

Blumf

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 03, 2022, 12:43:48 PMBBC News claims Johnson arrived to a mixture of boos and cheers. I didn't hear any cheers in the video.

I imagine the sort of person who travels to see the Royal Family is quite conservative so  it's pretty telling.

They're only booing cos of all that Phil funeral "poor old lady sat all alone" bollocks. They'll all be voting conservative next election, the forelock-tugging cunts.

Video Game Fan 2000