Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

I suspect his view of his MPs - particularly the backbenchers - isn't much removed from his view of civilians. There's Alexander The Great and then there's everyone else, and while he might occasionally condescend to crack wise with the odd wealthy Tory MP or donor, it's his world and they just all live in it.

I know people like this. The rest of the world is just a supporting cast to them.

DrGreggles

Was the mass booing by a crowd of Royalists (who are probably core Tory voters) the final straw?

JohnnyCouncil

By all accounts the votes were already in (with a provision not to act on it before the Lovely Jubberly).

Can't help though.

BritishHobo

Can you lie to your MP? If you have a Tory MP can you e-mail them and say "I voted for you last time and I want you to know that if you vote in favour of Boris Johnson then I will be unable to give you my vote again"? Can you do that even if they're not your MP? Can you send that e-mail to every single Tory MP?

Pseudopath

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 06, 2022, 10:17:22 AMCan you lie to your MP? If you have a Tory MP can you e-mail them and say "I voted for you last time and I want you to know that if you vote in favour of Boris Johnson then I will be unable to give you my vote again"? Can you do that even if they're not your MP? Can you send that e-mail to every single Tory MP?

It's a secret ballot, so I can't imagine that would have much effect.

DrGreggles

Could affect how the vote goes though.
These Tory MP's first consideration will be to save their own arses and Johnson's unpopularity, rightly or wrongly, reflects badly on everyone in a blue rosette.
There's going to be quite a few of them who towed the party line over 'Partygate' and have been made to look pretty foolish.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Pseudopath on June 06, 2022, 10:20:22 AMIt's a secret ballot, so I can't imagine that would have much effect.

Can you pretend to be your MP and so tell them you'll know what vote they, and therefore yourself, will cast?

BritishHobo

I just want more than life itself for this wannabe Churchill to not even finish his first term because his own MPs think he's too shit to have handled a national crisis.

jobotic

Martin Van Buren Stan

Nauseating interview with Jacob rees Mogg on sky now. Smug, supercilious, pretending to be detached and unphased like a teenaged hipster.

BritishHobo

What must it be like to live like Jacob Rees-Mogg, a man swaddled in the costume of principle and honour despite being an absolute fucking void of the stuff?

jobotic

Now his "Anti-corruption champion" has resigned.

What a fine job he did.

Blinder Data

I think if the vote had happened after the 23 June by-elections he would lose. He will win but it's all about how slim his margin of victory is. Unless we serious Cabinet resignations, nothing much will change and he will cling on.

There's the parliamentary report still to come. If polling doesn't improve and more and more MPs lose faith, I imagine the 1922 committee will change the one-year rule as they threatened to do with May (she resigned shortly after).

PM Liz Truss by Christmas, probs.

jobotic

Alberon

From The Torygraph who seem solidly against Johnson.

He just has to last to Wednesday and he beats Gordon Brown's time in office. Theresa May's record seems well out of reach for him.

Fambo Number Mive

Dorries has made an attack on Hunt on Twitter, clearly she doesn't think he will be the next PM.

I think it will be Wallace or Mordant.

idunnosomename

Celebrating Eternal President Boris Johnson's platty jubes in 2089

jobotic

Doesn't matter who it is, if it's not Johnson Dorries will never be in the cabinet again, in any capacity. And she knows it.

Das Reboot

Dunno, I could see Truss taking the Johnson approach and surrounding herself with fuckwits to make her look good.

Alberon

She would have to literally appoint vegetables to the cabinet to manage that.

The only cabinet Dorries will be in is the drinks cabinet!

#hignfy #lolalcoholism

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2022, 11:55:53 AMNow his "Anti-corruption champion" has resigned.

What a fine job he did.

The anti-corruption champion who is married to Dido Harding.

Das Reboot

Quote from: Alberon on June 06, 2022, 12:59:39 PMShe would have to literally appoint vegetables to the cabinet to manage that.

And thus fulfilling her Thatch II fantasy.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@kateferguson4
I understand the Tory MP accused of rape will be allowed to vote in today's confidence vote in Boris Johnson.

It is because he has not had the whip suspended

jobotic

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 06, 2022, 12:36:47 PMDorries has made an attack on Hunt on Twitter, clearly she doesn't think he will be the next PM.

In the process of which she inadvertently admits that the government did nothing to prepare for the pandemic, then she personally ignored last-minute advice solely out of spite.