Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bently Sheds

The Deathgate hashtag has been trending on Twitter all day today, touted as THE thing that will bring Johnson down, worse than partygate etc.

Turns out, after a FOI request was put in to St Thomas's Hospital, it was revealed that Johnson didn't "nearly die of COVID" & (as per reports in The Sun & The Times) doctors weren't preparing how to announce his carking, it was all bollocks - standard Johnson embellishment of the truth.

Is this worse than Partygate?
Nope.
Will it destroy his premiership?
Nope.
It's just another confirmation that he is a lying twat.

robhug

so it looks like a third+ of the parliamentary tory party have/will pass a vote of no confidence in the party leader

jezza hunt to play the heseltine role next week

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Bently Sheds on June 06, 2022, 04:35:32 PMTurns out, after a FOI request was put in to St Thomas's Hospital, it was revealed that Johnson didn't "nearly die of COVID" & (as per reports in The Sun & The Times) doctors weren't preparing how to announce his carking, it was all bollocks - standard Johnson embellishment of the truth.

A week at his bedside I'd be making plans to announce his death too.

Das Reboot

Douglas Ross saying he won't support Johnson, though I guess there's still time for him to change his mind. Again.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Das Reboot on June 06, 2022, 04:46:32 PMDouglas Ross saying he won't support Johnson, though I guess there's still time for him to change his mind. Again.

He's like a real life version of the Spitting Image David Steel puppet that sat in David Owen's breast pocket.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson didn't come out to greet the visiting Estonian prime minister today to avoid questions being shouted from the media.

Looks like he's still got the support of Elizabeth from Aylesbury though:

QuoteElizabeth in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, says the country "doesn't want to get rid of Boris Johnson now".

"He's got the big things right. He was Ukraine coming before Putin invaded and started giving them help before the invasion.

"If you're talking about lying politicians, you've only got to look at Tony Blair who took us into a totally illegal war in Iraq."

I didn't realise that Elizabeth had polled 70 million people on whether Johnson should go. Also, saying "what about Blair" is laughable given that most people in the UK despise both Blair and Johnson. Most Tory MPs supported the war in Iraq, including Johnson.

Replies From View

Quote from: Rizla on June 06, 2022, 03:43:47 PMQuick look at the bookies odds
cunt to lose no confidence vote - 4/1
cunt to win no confidence vote - 1/7

Go on Kennedy, put the cotswolds cottage on it you fucking idiot.

Or at least a nice slab of cathedral city.

Das Reboot

Quote"He was Ukraine coming before Putin invaded"

What the actual fuck does she mean?

They're all Ukraine coming before Putin invaded by the time LEGEND BORIS is finished with them.

Inspector Norse

greencalx

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 04:25:53 PMIt doesn't though.  It means he survived and of course that will mean BULLISH but in reality he will have a collection of his own MPs that have taken moves against him he will have to DELIVER something tangible, which means doing something and doing something is always fraught with problems.  He doesn't actually possess the skills imo to to get himself out this it.  It doesn't matter what his echo chamber thinks it matters whether he can change public opinion and his strategy has always been to ride off being divisive but he needs to do something else now which he isn't equipped for.

I think we must be talking about different Boris Johnsons. I'm talking about the one who has laughed off every single crisis, scandal and indiscretion of the last, what, twenty years, secure in the knowledge that no matter what he does, the fuckers will still vote for him. He'll do some crowdpleasing shit come the next election, and this little episode will all be forgotten, except by people who'd never vote for him anyway.

Fambo Number Mive

Wondering if Johnson will face a stalking horse challenge later this year. If Hunt is the Heseltine, who is the Anthony Meyer?

jamiefairlie

More importantly, who's the John Major? Check who's scheduling dental surgery.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 06, 2022, 05:45:13 PMTom Harwood has blown the whole thing open with an "exclusive" that might just save Boris' (copious) bacon!

I can't understand what it must be like to be Tom Harwood. I've worked my share of jobs where I've worried I'm making the world worse for no reason, but he's another level. What a waste of humanity.

shoulders

Andrew Adonis reckons Brexit is over if Boris goes.

The utter mononania, he could embarrass a busted flush.

jobotic

Presume Adonis wants Johnson to stay then

He was proposing a bonfire of health and safety legislation to get the cost of living down.

Should get the scum floating to his side.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: greencalx on June 06, 2022, 05:46:30 PMI think we must be talking about different Boris Johnsons. I'm talking about the one who has laughed off every single crisis, scandal and indiscretion of the last, what, twenty years, secure in the knowledge that no matter what he does, the fuckers will still vote for him. He'll do some crowdpleasing shit come the next election, and this little episode will all be forgotten, except by people who'd never vote for him anyway.

I fear you are buying into the drones.

He lost his first contest of Clwyd South by over 10,000 votes, then won the incredibly safe seat of Henley (not exactly hard considering it's always been Tory apart from it being Lib Dem once in 1906).  He then won the London Mayor, twice both times relatively close run affairs, both against Ken Livingstone (who also won it twice by bigger margins).  He then left and obviously would have lost if he'd stayed, he won another safe seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip (a relatively new but completely Tory safe seat), got given the role of foreign secretary, fucked it up, and played Brexit cynically to depose May to then win a leadership contest against Jeremy Hunt (in a what was really a remain/leave contest).  He then won a landslide election against Jeremy Corbyn who was screwed by the press, his own party and ran a terrible campaign.  Now within 3 years he is having a VONC against him.

Everywhere he has gone he has eventually been found out, he has just moved to a new group of marks, he can't do it this time there is nowhere else to go as PM.  There is always going to be a hardened group that will vote for the blonde white man that flirts with racism there is nothing new there but it isn't enough to build a solid foundation for ruling a nation.  He is now being openly booed by royalists and is less popular than Gordon Brown, than Theresa May, than Ed Balls, he is 5 pts behind Starmer (someone else that is not that popular) and 60% of the public think he should stand down.

he likes to create a myth around him but it's all bollocks.

Thursday

Imagine if Emma Kennedy just tweeted out "Look he's obviously going to win the confidence vote." Chaos at the bookies.

jobotic

But he's not going to lose this is he?

And then they will go in so hard with the hard-right economics and far-right culture wars as they know time is running out.

I almost wish this hadn't happened

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 06:36:45 PMhe likes to create a myth around him but it's all bollocks.
He failed twice, succeeded tons more times and is currently in the highest elected office in the country. I'm not sure what your point is.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 06, 2022, 06:49:39 PMHe failed twice, succeeded tons more times and is currently in the highest elected office in the country. I'm not sure what your point is.

Yes you do.

Thursday

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2022, 06:41:12 PMBut he's not going to lose this is he?

And then they will go in so hard with the hard-right economics and far-right culture wars as they know time is running out.

My *attempt* at humor being that she routinely says "He's gone!" after every minor scandal. So her predicting that something wouldn't affect him would be cause for doubt.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2022, 06:41:12 PMBut he's not going to lose this is he?

Jesus christ that is a take.

Beginning to have a whiff of I hope this doesnt work well for Starmer...

jobotic

Quote from: Thursday on June 06, 2022, 06:53:52 PMMy *attempt* at humor being that she routinely says "He's gone!" after every minor scandal. So her predicting that something wouldn't affect him would be cause for doubt.

Oh I know. Sorry it wasn't meant to be a reply to you.

Toynbee says he's toast too. It's all over for Bunter!

jobotic

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 06:55:27 PMJesus christ that is a take.

Beginning to have a whiff of I hope this doesnt work well for Starmer...

It's not a "take", it's a fear.

Whe he's selling off housing association stock next week my reaction won't be a "take" either.

No idea what your Starmer comment means.