Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: AllisonSays on June 06, 2022, 07:59:14 PMI'm referring to Shoulders' suggestion that Corbyn's labour party would've been better placed to take advantage of this conjunctive and your pissy dismissal of that proposition by copy and pasting his previous post. Hope that's clarifying (seriously, I'm not trying to be vague).

Right.  No that is clear thanks.  I don't really think it is worth discussing the hypothetical situation in which Corbyn hadn't lost an election to Johnson so he could be "battering" Johnson on the cost of living crisis and Covid, the Covid that Corbyn flirted with anti-vax-esque rhetoric and has a brother that is a full on anti-vaxxer.  Oh and War in Ukraine and the Russian sympathies thing.

Now before you start regurgitating some Novara at me I'm not saying any of those criticism are correct or fair but they are the reality that would exist fir the press and have to be dealt with if we can get our minds over the bizarre leap that Corbyn remains in power after losing 2 elections.

BritishHobo

I've taken the terrible and inevitable decision to believe that he might actually lose. I just love being disappointed.

AllisonSays

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 08:07:12 PMRight.  No that is clear thanks.  I don't really think it is worth discussing the hypothetical situation in which Corbyn hadn't lost an election to Johnson so he could be "battering" Johnson on the cost of living crisis and Covid, the Covid that Corbyn flirted with anti-vax-esque rhetoric and has a brother that is a full on anti-vaxxer.  Oh and War in Ukraine and the Russian sympathies thing.

Now before you start regurgitating some Novara at me I'm not saying any of those criticism are correct or fair but they are the reality that would exist fir the press and have to be dealt with if we can get our minds over the bizarre leap that Corbyn remains in power after losing 2 elections.

I've definitely never listened to Novara but thanks for the Daily Mail account of Corbyn, that was bracing.

AllisonSays

For the record I think Bastani is a knob, Walker and especially Butler are pompous, Ash Sarkar is cool. But fuck off with deciding every opinion different than yours is based on trendy vibes instead of honest differences in opinion.

idunnosomename

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 06, 2022, 06:10:29 PMI can't understand what it must be like to be Tom Harwood. I've worked my share of jobs where I've worried I'm making the world worse for no reason, but he's another level. What a waste of humanity.
a double-handled sippy cup full of diarrhea

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 08:07:12 PMCorbyn flirted with anti-vax-esque rhetoric
That's an impressive number of weasel words for such a short phrase.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: AllisonSays on June 06, 2022, 08:10:03 PMI've definitely never listened to Novara but thanks for the Daily Mail account of Corbyn, that was bracing.

Try reading what I said again.

I have lots of sympathies for where you are coming from, but I don't agree with it.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 06, 2022, 08:16:43 PMThat's an impressive number of weasel words for such a short phrase.

You are alright mate, I don't really need to be explaining myself to you.

BlodwynPig

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: AllisonSays on June 06, 2022, 08:13:54 PMFor the record I think Bastani is a knob, Walker and especially Butler are pompous, Ash Sarkar is cool. But fuck off with deciding every opinion different than yours is based on trendy vibes instead of honest differences in opinion.

No.  My point was you wouldn't read what I said and behave in  a Novara reactionary way by saying things like "Thanks for the Daily Mail account" which you duely did.  I wasn't saying this, I literally put it in bold but you just ignored it anyway.  It's not a difference of opinion when you are arguing with yourself (no need to shoot the messenger).

BritishHobo

Some pro-Boris bell-end on the BBC at the moment. Got asked whether Johnson got a lot of criticism in the 1922 meeting. Said "he gave as good as he got", just proving they don't give a fuck about the qualms of their colleagues. It's all a jovial punch-up to them.

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

I'm half an hour behind on the Novara stream so if everyone can not talk about the result until I've caught up I'd appreciate it. x

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 06, 2022, 08:27:10 PMmichaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

Exactly lets just enjoy this. Less than 100 it is still bad.  Over 100 it is bad. Over 130 it's really bad. Over 150 it's really really bad (and I win £15 quid!) and over that......GONE!

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: imitationleather on June 06, 2022, 08:28:02 PMI'm half an hour behind on the Novara stream so if everyone can not talk about the result until I've caught up I'd appreciate it. x

I've hearing that as soon as the verdict is announced we will be going straight to @kittens for an instant hot take.

Butchers Blind

CYOA..

Boris loses, go to page 10

Boris wins, wipe arse with book and burn.

AllisonSays

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 08:22:28 PMNo.  My point was you wouldn't read what I said and behave in  a Novara reactionary way by saying things like "Thanks for the Daily Mail account" which you duely did.  I wasn't saying this, I literally put it in bold but you just ignored it anyway.  It's not a difference of opinion when you are arguing with yourself (no need to shoot the messenger).

I did read what you said. I am ambivalent about your fair point that Corbyn and Corbynism failed (he and they did, the reasons why are arguable); my slightly glib thing about the Mail was purely about your jibes towards his brother, which in my opinion are not comradely or legitimate criticisms. (Altho to be clear his brother is clearly a hilarious once in a lifetime ball bag and eejit).

jobotic

QuoteReplying to @nicholaswatt
One of those long faces included a strong supporter of the PM who said of the rebels: I could throttle some of my colleagues. They want to hand our country to a coalition of Labour, the SNP and the Liberal Democrats. It will be votes at 16 and then who knows what will happen?

Our country

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: AllisonSays on June 06, 2022, 08:32:50 PMI did read what you said. I am ambivalent about your fair point that Corbyn and Corbynism failed (he and they did, the reasons why are arguable); my slightly glib thing about the Mail was purely about your jibes towards his brother, which in my opinion are not comradely or legitimate criticisms.

It isn't a jibe I'm saying the press would be making those comments.  It is not in dispute Piers Corbyn is an anti-vaxxer is it, or the press would be making hay of it.

Zero Gravitas

I reckon they'll broadcast footage of him crying like a baby and stamping his feet and then in the emotion and exertion of it all he poos himself.

And it'll be all over the front pages for a whole day, and mentioned in coverage for three more and then be re-imagined as a private eye cover.

BritishHobo

How does it take an hour to count the votes. It's yes or no mate