Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Das Reboot

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 06, 2022, 09:32:36 PMremember churchill lost an election but was then wheeled out as a old tory cunt and got back in

Two elections - he lost in 1950 as well as 1945.

Fry

From my incredibly uneducated position, it feels like this is good for Johnson and bad for the Tories as a whole. Therefore a great result.

It's not like there is anything (short of the cunt getting what he actually deserves by a very motivated person with little to lose) that will damage his lifestyle or future prospects in any real way. Wishing for him to lose his job just because it will make him feel bad will do little good in the long run.

Not like any of this matters anyway. Paper of record openly stating that white refugees are more deserving of kindness due to their race and people struggling with their gender identities are an inherent threat. Country's fucked.

Bit of intrigue to half pay attention to on my holiday, gives me something to read when I'm tired of my book. Result for your boy Fry in the end.

Midas

Psybro

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 06, 2022, 09:32:36 PMremember churchill lost an election but was then wheeled out as a old tory cunt and got back in

Churchill lost the popular vote to Labour in three consecutive general elections lol

jobotic

I read that Patel didn't ostentatiously tweet her support. Is that true?

touchingcloth

I still enjoy that when I go to Wikipedia to remind myself the period of Johnson's tenure as Lord Mayor or whatever I still enjoy that when I type his name in the second result that auto fills is "...is a Fucking Cunt".

bgmnts

Quote from: Psybro on June 06, 2022, 09:50:21 PMChurchill lost the popular vote to Labour in three consecutive general elections lol

Sort of goes to show that as a society, not only have we not learned from our mistakes, we've actually become more servile and thicker in the things that matters.

Alberon

Johnson fucked. Tories fucked.

He'll shamble on, because staying PM is more important than party or country.

I honestly expect the 1922 committee to change the rules. There's two by-elections coming and Johnson is truly not safe for another year.

touchingcloth

Who's Spaffer?

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 06, 2022, 09:42:26 PMSome absolute fucking whopper on sky news just said it's a good result because he's won a larger % of Tory mp support than he won in the leadership election. Fucking hell. BJ just said it too. Expect to hear that a lot.

Which election? The one where he faces Hunt?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2022, 09:57:09 PMSort of goes to show that as a society, not only have we not learned from our mistakes, we've actually become more servile and thicker in the things that matters.

But in that case the real question is how do we get people less servile and less thicker.  The plan so far seems to be expect them to hold leftwing views and if they don't call them cunts.

Might need to re-look at this.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on June 06, 2022, 09:59:29 PMSuspect this is why mop heads managed to hang on.

yes also why didn't they wait after the by-elections.  But someone will be making moves right now.  Hunt is just the stalking horse.

bgmnts

Quote from: Alberon on June 06, 2022, 09:58:18 PMJohnson fucked. Tories fucked.

Optimistic.

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 10:00:24 PMBut in that case the real question is how do we get people less senile and less thicker.  The plan so far seems to be expect them to hold leftwing views and if they don't call them cunts.

I don't think you can, really.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2022, 10:01:54 PMI don't think you can, really.

You don't think people can learn leftwing views? They have to be born with them....

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 10:04:41 PMYou don't think people can learn leftwing views? There have to be born with them....

To readdress this it'd be like blowing on a forest fire to put it out.

Anyway, even if tories get absolutely fucked to oblivion the next election the replacement is a different shade of tory so who gives a fuck?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 10:00:24 PMBut in that case the real question is how do we get people less servile and less thicker.  The plan so far seems to be expect them to hold leftwing views and if they don't call them cunts.

You are the least insightful person in the world.

TrenterPercenter

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2022, 10:05:43 PMTo readdress this it'd be like blowing on a forest fire to put it out.

So there is no point promoting leftwing policies or views?

This looks bad for Corbyn.

TrenterPercenter

BBC just did the replay of May resign-crying and storming off.  I'd forgotten about that, that was good.

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 10:12:34 PMSo there is no point promoting leftwing policies or views?

This looks bad for Corbyn.

In my fatalistic view, no. But then there's no point to anything.

Just as there'd be no point sticking your foot out to stop a speeding train heading straight over a cliff.

greencalx

Will piss myself if Keith gets a fixed penalty notice and is forced to step down.

JamesTC

Good that this is over. Now Johnson can get back to doing whatever it is he does. Killing lefties or something, I think.

dothestrand

Probably the worst result possible for Johnson and the Conservatives. Barely any kind of victory. A large minority of the party, from across different shades of opinion (from Ellwood to Baker) against you. Only loyalists supporting you. But no fatal blow, no real challengers, two upcoming by-elections that are likely to be humiliating. Being PM is a poisoned chalice atm, so he'll limp on until the inevitable Labour victory in two years.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2022, 10:15:15 PMIn my fatalistic view, no. But then there's no point to anything.

Just as there'd be no point sticking your foot out to stop a speeding train heading straight over a cliff.

Right.  Well you are completely entitled to your fatalistic opinion but it isn't true.  I mean like there is lots of evidence that you can in fact teach people better politics, to be less servile and become more informed and educated on issues, and that the human capacity for learning is nothing like putting your foot out in front a speeding train to stop it.

How about if I come round and tickle you until you agree?

dothestrand

Quote from: greencalx on June 06, 2022, 10:18:29 PMWill piss myself if Keith gets a fixed penalty notice and is forced to step down.

a) I reckon Starmer thinks he'll get away with it.
b) It's never cut through with the public, so even if he resigns, it will be seen as 'honourable' and the Labour brand will be barely troubled.

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 10:21:12 PMRight.  Well you are completely entitled to your fatalistic opinion but it isn't true.  I mean like there is lots of evidence that you can in fact teach people better politics, to be less servile and become more informed and educated on issues, and that the human capacity for learning is nothing like putting your foot out in front a speeding train to stop it.

How about if I come round and tickle you until you agree?

I didn't say the human capacity for learning was like putting your foot out to stop a train.

I would argue that collectively we do not have the capacity to learn, as evidenced by  life and the fact that nothing fundamentally changes.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2022, 10:24:33 PMI didn't say the human capacity for learning was like putting your foot out to stop a train.

I would argue that collectively we do not have the capacity to learn, as evidenced by  life and the fact that nothing fundamentally changes.

and what about the tickling?