Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2022, 09:57:09 PMSort of goes to show that as a society, not only have we not learned from our mistakes, we've actually become more servile and thicker in the things that matters.

Of course. In the early 20th century there was significant class consciousness and masses of people who had very similar lives but with far, far stronger bonds than now.

bgmnts

I'm a tickle centrist, admittedly. Sort of uncomfortable with it but do find a perverse pleasure in it somewhere.

shoulders

https://twitter.com/stephan01385543/status/1533681699799896064?t=lsqpQFb5LdC5s9o37haGyQ&s=19

Kind of what bgmnts was getting at...

It's choreography, from the tweets to the interviews. Not everything happens in the exact way everyone wants but the grand plan stays on track.

Video Game Fan 2000

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: shoulders on June 06, 2022, 10:35:28 PMhttps://twitter.com/stephan01385543/status/1533681699799896064?t=lsqpQFb5LdC5s9o37haGyQ&s=19

Kind of what bgmnts was getting at...

It's choreography, from the tweets to the interviews. Not everything happens in the exact way everyone wants but the grand plan stays on track.

Yeah everything is the same as the early 19th century, can't move for scarlet fever nowadays.  This tweet tells us more than real evidence ever could.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 06, 2022, 10:38:53 PMnever seen a solo Up The Arse Corner before. and people say Starmer isn't an innovative leader

Got the lot my leader....

DrGreggles

I was thinking earlier than anything over 100 would be a big enough number to leave him fucked, but this is hilarious.
He's still leader, but now knows that he's pretty much powerless in his own party.

Alberon

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 06, 2022, 10:47:42 PMI was thinking earlier than anything over 100 would be a big enough number to leave him fucked, but this is hilarious.
He's still leader, but now knows that he's pretty much powerless in his own party.

I don't think he cares. Being PM is the start and end of his ambition.

TrenterPercenter

DrGreggles

Quote from: Alberon on June 06, 2022, 10:57:29 PMI don't think he cares. Being PM is the start and end of his ambition.

Nah, he wants to be powerful and respected.
He was never the latter, now he isn't the former.
All he has is a job title until his replacement is chosen - then the Tories will shit on him for everything from Covid to the cost of living.

shoulders

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 06, 2022, 11:02:39 PMNah, he wants to be powerful and respected.
He was never the latter, now he isn't the former.
All he has is a job title until his replacement is chosen - then the Tories will shit on him for everything from Covid to the cost of living.

Hmm. There are always biographies claiming traits from childhood apply to the present day, but I don't think he wants to be respected. If he ever did I think he left that position behind almost the moment most people became aware of his existence.

As for power, he is still PM and will carry on doing what put him there. It's not like he won't be able to get bills through parliament.

The conflicted result just displays that Tory MPs know what the rest of us know, that electorally he is both a liability and an asset. They are just stuck deciding how much of each. I wouldn't write him off. His 2019 campaign was a display of ruthless backslapping cynicism.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Das Reboot on June 06, 2022, 09:47:42 PMTwo elections - he lost in 1950 as well as 1945.
oh yeah i forgot he didnt get out by dying like the fat useless cunt he was

Blinder Data

I know nothing about cocaine really, but his sniff sounded coldy to me?

It's a terrible result but we knew that Johnson would take anything better than total defeat as a resounding victory.

They will change the rules to oust him if they have to. Barring a miraculous change of fortune, he will be gone soon enough. The champagne is on ice...

jobotic

bgmnts

The violent language used there is very telling.

Get the feeling that man legitimately wants poor people dead. Dont ask me why, just vibes.

easytarget

audiocreator

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2022, 09:37:12 PMFuck me. Have some dignity.

Is Zahawi implying that other Tories wouldn't be as supportive to Ukraine?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: jobotic on June 07, 2022, 12:07:39 AM

This is from an utter cunt but the kind Johnson listens to

But what tangible good does "reform of institutions", "slashing tax" for businesses (presumably) and consequently removing funding from services people rely on.  The reason the culture war exists is because it is a great way of talking a load of bollocks without actually really doing anything if he wants reform the way the UK works it has to show tangible benefits to the masses of people in country, in essence it has to be "good" and not just good for some angry Brexit voting hard-right anti-immigrant folk because that isn't the majority of people in the country.  He has to do all of this whilst half of his party don't support him and are working in constituencies that are under threat of losing if they do not appease Lib Dem and possibly even Labour constituents.

That is how a parliamentary system works, it's a really great system, we need proportional representation because it has been shown that powerful people cannot be trusted with it.

I have absolutely no doubt Johnson will go out on the offensive, it is all he knows, this was as they say "costed in" from the beginning.

Replies From View

Time is now suspended around Bovis Johnsad as apparently he has adjusted no aspect of his physical form since 10.36pm.