Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 06, 2022, 02:49:34 PM...in debt for £100,000 and you haven't payed your rent for a year...

Blimey. How big is your house?

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2022, 09:37:12 PM
QuoteNadhim Zahawi, the education secretary, told Sky News that Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the Ukrainian president, would be "punching the air" tonight because his ally, Boris Johnson, will remain as PM tomorrow.
Fuck me. Have some dignity.

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60289386?ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:13181e7d-8866-433a-97e1-2997851ea0f9&pinned_post_asset_id=629f2b41b622de4ef91239efUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky says he is "very happy" that Boris Johnson remains in post.
"I'm glad we haven't lost an important ally, this is great news,"

Mykhaylo Podolyak, one of Zelensky's advisers, tweeted in English moments after the confidence vote:
"Leadership is always a heavy burden. Boris Johnson was one of the first who realized the menace of Russia & stood by Volodymyr Zelensky to protect the free world from barbaric invasion."
"The world needs such leaders. The UK is a Great friend of Ukraine. British crown is a shield of democratic world."

I'm definitely going to start calling it The Ukraine again.

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

Will Zelensky's comments help keep Johnson in post? I hope he only said it so Johnson continues helping Ukraine.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 07, 2022, 12:34:20 PMWill Zelensky's comments help keep Johnson in post? I hope he only said it so Johnson continues helping Ukraine.

I think you'll find his name's Volodymyr not Will.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Endicott on June 07, 2022, 10:09:33 AMWhy haven't you written off Truss for the same reason you dismissed Patel?

The membership loved her until they realised she can't stop the migrant crossings. Home Secretary is often where political careers end - Theresa May was the exception. Plus she is really, really dumb.

Truss isn't a brainbox obvs but is a cannier operator. Once a Remainer but now as Brexity as anyone. She's been quietly preparing for a leadership bid for months and will delight the membership by emulating Thatcher. MPs might try to keep her off the ballot but I think she stands the best chance of getting to the final two and winning the membership vote.

Virgo76

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 07, 2022, 10:25:21 AMIf Tugendhat goes for it and wins, he will be the second Prime Minister I've met.

Well that changes everything.

Mr Farenheit

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1534129493845196801?t=PScUhj-rmJ8FRzM8IrCXMw&s=19
QuoteBoris Johnson's spokesman says the Prime Minister will transform the NHS into "a blockbuster health care system in the age of Netflix."

Asked repeatedly to explain what this means, Johnson's spokesman is unable to say which features of Netflix he believes the NHS should imitate

Mr_Simnock

new subscription based nhs starting at £100 a month for simply having access to a pre recorded voice of a GP telling you to go to hospital all the way to £1000 for the current full services (this will of course not include the actual bill for any stays in hospital for longer than 2 hours, not the cost of any drug prescriptions over the price of £5 per year, nor the 'seen by GP fee' after the first 2 annual free visits are used, ambulance journeys over 3 miles also aren't covered)

Cold Meat Platter

'Services leaving NHSFlix this month: Heart Bypass, Chemo, Mental Health Provision...'

Pranet

I had just literally typed out a version of that joke. Your take on it is better though, just as well. 

Butchers Blind

touchingcloth

They post the GP appointment to you in the mail and you have to rewind it before you send it back.

touchingcloth

It's probably not, but for all I know this could be the same Johnson

JamesTC

Netflix is such a bastion of financial strength worth imitating.

JamesTC

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 07, 2022, 01:58:54 PM'Services leaving NHSFlix this month: Heart Bypass, Chemo, Mental Health Provision...'

Customers who received Chemotherapy also ordered...
Palliative Care
Hair Loss Treatment
Cremation

Zero Gravitas

Nah, Netflix groups content into clouds of genre concepts,

Ominous ● Scandalous ● True Crime

robhug

I've always said they should run the NHS as if they were running Netflix, Im glad i voted brexit to help make this happen

Sebastian Cobb

This feels a bit like when our head of Sixth Form gave what was supposed to be an inspirational assembly on how we should be like MG Rover Group.

Zero Gravitas

"a blockbuster health care system in the age of Netflix"

That's "Money Heist", they're talking about isn't it?

That's "All of Us Are Dead", they're talking about isn't it?

Ah no wait!

That's "Extraction", they're talking about isn't it?

Blumf

Good news for fans of Alan Clarke, Ken Loach, and Mike Leigh, says PM whilst implementing new Social Realism Plus policy package.