Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 10, 2022, 11:28:43 PMI remember the keyboards fed back to a console that allowed the teacher to monitor, and go ape-shit at us via microphone if we played any of the demo tracks (which is of course all anyone who doesn't know how to play a keyboard does when faced with one). Also people getting horrendous bollockings for sneaking up behind someone and twatting a pair of symbols behind them.

The sample keyboard was always the winner. Hook it up to the main speakers, then "HI-YAAAAH!!" ad infinitum.

Video Game Fan 2000

Our keyboards had a sound effect setting that sounded like something being thrown down stairs if you did a glissando, and there was also a setting with a bunch of yelling and babies crying. If you had at least one co-conspirator you could arrange for such classic tone poems as "baby being thrown down the stairs" and "idiot drowned in bath" to be performed for the class, which would get all the instruments turned off for the rest of the month and we'd have to copy passages from the most boring book ever. yes i know what an sound are

i think all the headphones got broken in less than a year due to kids using the wires on other kids wrists and necks. remember a kid next to me being proud that he turned his finger blue with his headphone cable, finger was fine afaik but the headphones were fucked

greencalx

My school had a bank of these.

Even among the cacophony of a roomful of them being played at the same time by inexpert teenagers, the music teachers could pick out the first bar of the demo tune and shut it down before the rhythm kicked in. It would never have got as far as the bit with the disco beat.

Fambo Number Mive

via @MarkDiStef

Another step towards totalitarianism. Wonder if Dorries will try and have some conservative search engine set up like Conservapedia is a conservative alternative to Wikipedia.

Key

Google please could you showing reality? Its terribly embarrassing.

finnquark

Quote from: Chollis on June 10, 2022, 12:21:46 PM"we expect our children to have professional-looking hair"

what?

I was good mates at school and college with a lad who is now senior leadership at her dreadful school, Michaela. We both now teach the same subject and about 4 years ago maybe a group of us went foe a few drinks in the Britons Protection over Christmas. Ended in a blazing row over the disgusting ethics and routines in place at Michaela (I think this was around the time they were forcing young people to have lunchtime isolation sessions if their parents had missed school meals payments). Haven't spoken since then, but I did see him on the ITV show about about school that was on recently. Really neo-Victorian shit that stuff.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: finnquark on June 12, 2022, 10:10:45 AMI was good mates at school and college with a lad who is now senior leadership at her dreadful school, Michaela. We both now teach the same subject and about 4 years ago maybe a group of us went foe a few drinks in the Britons Protection over Christmas. Ended in a blazing row over the disgusting ethics and routines in place at Michaela (I think this was around the time they were forcing young people to have lunchtime isolation sessions if their parents had missed school meals payments). Haven't spoken since then, but I did see him on the ITV show about about school that was on recently. Really neo-Victorian shit that stuff.

Fuck me - what's their justification for that fuckery?

Fambo Number Mive

Government taking the information commissioner to court.

QuoteThe government is taking its own transparency regulator to court at the taxpayers' expense to try to block the release of messages between Matt Hancock and his adviser and lover Gina Coladangelo.

The information commissioner ruled in April that the Department of Health and Social Care had been wrong to withhold some emails between the pair, and ordered their release after a request from The Times...

The department's legal action to attempt to cover up the correspondence is likely to cost the taxpayer thousands of pounds. Past cases brought by the Department for Health and Social Care against the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) to block disclosure have cost between £3,000 and £130,000, according to records obtained by the OpenDemocracy website...

JesusAndYourBush

I saw this the other day and couldn't help thinking up a silly HIGNFY-style caption.

"It feels all damp and clammy...
Spoiler alert
said the cow."
[close]

Alberon

Johnson's ethics advisor has resigned.

This is it! We've got him now!!

Alberon

Blumf

Quote from: Alberon on June 15, 2022, 06:54:24 PMJohnson's ethics advisor has resigned.

Either the easiest or hardest job in the world, depending on how serious you take it.

jobotic

This is a blow for us all. First the Anti-Corruption Tsar and now the Ethics Advisor.

Both proud strong people who've done such a bang up job. What a loss.

poodlefaker

He'll have to go now. Hang your head in shame, sir! Toodle pip, Bunter.

Blumf

Quote from: Alberon on June 15, 2022, 06:54:24 PMJohnson's ethics advisor has resigned.

I doubt Boris, or any Tory, needs advice on any of the home counties.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Blumf on June 15, 2022, 08:30:11 PMEither the easiest or hardest job in the world, depending on how serious you take it.

Piss easy. Just tell him everything he does is unethical, because it probably is simply on the basis Boris Johnson is doing it.

Not your problem when he doesn't listen.

jobotic

Your job is help cover things up for him and his crew, that's pretty obvious.

Doubt anyone else will be appointed to this. And if they are we know why.

Video Game Fan 2000

Boris Johnson's ethics advisor was probably a labrador with A = A spraypainted on it

Ferris

Imagine taking a job as Boris Johnson's ethicist but at some point after several years deciding you were risking your reputation by staying.

Think that ship sailed mate.

pigamus

Fambo Number Mive

The Renters Reform Bill actually seems like a good piece of legislation from this government. Am I missing something?

QuoteLandlords are to be prevented from evicting tenants in England without giving a reason, under proposals published in a government White Paper.

The Renters Reform Bill will also end blanket bans on benefit claimants or families with children - and landlords must consider requests to allow pets.

I don't know how much difference it will make that landlords have to give a reason or how easy it will be to enforce these rules, but it feels like a step in the right direction.

Zetetic

Ending Section 21 "no-fault" evictions is, undeniably, a real victory (even in landlords will obviously find reasons to evict people).

(Also extremely embarrassing how completely Welsh Labour have fucked this up over the border. They were refusing to try to action on no-fault evictions on the basis that landlords would object. And they've fucked up even extending the notice period for people currently renting.)

steveh

That story of Johnson when he was Foreign Minister escaping his security minders to go off for a wild weekend at Lebedev Senior's place in Italy gets more complex: https://twitter.com/pcaruanagalizia/status/1537320789216833536.

jobotic

So it seems this resignation was orchestrated to get rid of the post of ethics advisor and make Johnson look like he was defending British industry.

Bunter - you've done it again!

Psybro

Johnson getting rid of his ethics adviser post is actually the most value for money thing he will ever do.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: Psybro on June 16, 2022, 08:52:33 PMJohnson getting rid of his ethics adviser post is actually the most value for money thing he will ever do.
That depends if he also pays for a gym membership and then cancels it.

(Obviously he doesn't. A Russian Oligarch Tory Donor pays it for him.)