Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 09, 2022, 12:16:42 PMPossibly spoilery pic tweeted by the official BCS account:

https://twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1533435721071083522

Spoiler alert

Clifford Main in what looks like a hospital corridor, perhaps suggesting that Howard's body doesn't get acided.
[close]

Also a heads-up that 608 is being screened at the Tribeca Film Festival on the 18th of June, so you may want to try extra hard to avoid spoilers after that, for almost a whole f***ing month:

https://tribecafilm.com/films/better-call-saul-2022

That's an evil move! If anyone at the screening leaks spoilers, they should set Lalo after them.

Blue Jam

Spoiler alert
Maybe Clifford Main is at the hospital comforting Cheryl Hamlin. Or that's a pic of him looking horrified as she dances a jig singing "Yippee, life insurance!"
[close]

grainger

JamesTC

I wonder if they had more time left, they could have developed it so that Cliff suspected Saul/Kim were behind what happened to Howard and investigated it himself. With likely only two or three episodes in 2004 left, I don't think that will happen.

kalowski

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 09, 2022, 12:16:42 PMPossibly spoilery pic tweeted by the official BCS account:

https://twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1533435721071083522

Spoiler alert

Clifford Main in what looks like a hospital corridor, perhaps suggesting that Howard's body is taken to the morgue instead of being acided.
[close]

Also a heads-up that 608 is being screened at the Tribeca Film Festival on the 18th of June, so you may want to try extra hard to avoid spoilers after that, for almost a whole f***ing month:

https://tribecafilm.com/films/better-call-saul-2022
Right. I am quite simply ignoring this thread until I see the new one.
I'm even making sure I don't read the spoilered bit in the quote above!!

BritishHobo

Just finished season 3 on my rewatch. I'm going back through the old threads and seeing how wrong I was...

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 20, 2017, 09:13:32 PMSomehow, despite the promise of season one's final scene, they seem to add more and more distance between us and Jimmy actually going into business as Saul. At least that's how it feels. Like that 'paradox' about the arrow never reaching its target because it has to travel half of the distance and then half of that and then half and so on.

I think I was getting impatient for not having a clear endgame, and I think at the time I wanted the whole show to be all about Jimmy as Saul, and felt any season where he wasn't actively Saul was a waste. I really wanted season 2 to be Jimmy as Saul, and then season 3 and after to be Saul during Breaking Bad. I'm glad I can watch it again and appreciate what they were actually doing, which is obviously far better.

I also feel like I fully get Kim's eagerness to 'destroy' Howard now. I still feel resentment about shit managers sometimes, and Howard coldly keeping Kim downstairs after she lands Mesa Verde nets him resentment for life, I reckon. I still love him though.

buttgammon

Long story short, I just met the guy who pissed in Jimmy's office in this series. I was genuinely starstruck.

Blue Jam

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 14, 2022, 07:46:20 PMDid he call you a skank? I'd be starstruck too ngl.

Another new teaser:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1536727913646608384

Sadly not - I was a bit too impressed and I think I did him a bit of a disservice by making it out that his whole career was a footnote by comparison (which is admittedly true).

Blue Jam

Nice interview with Rhea Seehorn and others here:

https://variety.com/2022/awards/features/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorn-kim-finale-1235292645/

QuoteUnderstandably, Odenkirk doesn't remember anything from those events [around his heart attak], but being reminded of how Seehorn and Fabian were there to help still makes him emotional.

"After hearing all the stories from all the people and hearing what Rhea and Patrick did, kneeling down, Rhea holding my head, Patrick grabbing my hand, them yelling at me to stay here, I mean, it was a massively impactful, devastating scenario that everyone participated in except for me. But having heard it, it sits with you and it will resonate through the rest of my life," he says. "And our friendship will too."

Quote"I think every writer and producer in Hollywood should be writing Rhea Seehorn projects and trying to get her," Gould says. "I think everyone who worked on this show is trying to think about how she can be part of whatever their next project is."

That includes Odenkirk, who already has a part in mind for Seehorn in his upcoming series, "Guru Nation," a docu-style comedy about cults for Paramount+ starring and created by him and "Mr. Show" buddy David Cross.

"I hope I can get her," Odenkirk says, for a part that is very un-Kim-like — an "impetuous, uncertain woman who's scared and easily manipulated."

Fwiends fowever d'awww how are they this effing cute?

holyzombiejesus

Think I've worked out how this will end. At the end Jimmy will have a heart attack and goes up to heaven. God is about to let him in but Howard appears and whispers in god's ear, then God shakes his head and points to a lift (or 'elevator') marked down. Jimmy enters the lift looking crestfallen. The camera pans out and there, standing behind him, are Walt and Jesse. Jesse says 'yo bitch, that's breaking bad' and then Walt says 'I guess you'd better call saul' and presses the down button, the inference being that he is going to hell. This would also be a callback to other times they have been in a lift whilst also subtly alluding to the titles of the 2 series's names. The lift doors would close and some jaunty music would play which I haven't thought of yet.

BritishHobo

I'm at the end of season 4 on my rewatch, and god I hope we get at least one pre-credits Howard flashback, as this and BB like to do with their dead characters. It's such a magnetic performance and I want MORE. I would applaud the above scene if it happened, as it would mean seeing more Howard, stood at God's side where he belongs.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 18, 2022, 11:20:52 AMI would will applaud the above scene if when it happened happens, as it would mean seeing more Howard, stood at God's side where he belongs.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 18, 2022, 10:15:05 AMThe lift doors would close and some jaunty music would play which I haven't thought of yet.

Down Down by Status Quo
or
Love In An Elevator by Aerosmith

holyzombiejesus

Great idea!

There could be a post-credits scene with Saul doing bingo in hell for all the baddies who have been in it (loads of cameos for the fans, they'd lap this shit up). It's getting tense, nearly all the numbers have been called, then... 'ding! Ding ding ding ding!'. Fade to black. Just send me my perfect 10 in the post.

(Also opens up the possibility of a new series with Jimmy as a ghost.)

JamesTC

Howard sends Kim to doc review for eternity.

holyzombiejesus

If Kim does get incarcerated, Saul could be a ghost solicitor at her prison, helping her and all the other women.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Jimmy will ascend to Heaven and just as St. Peter is about to let him in Howard appears in an immaculately-tailored white suit and says "Have you thought about the job offer?" Then as he goes to shake Jimmy's hand Kevin Wachtell (who has also been murdered by Lalo, who then burnt down every branch of Mesa Verde) appears and whispers in St. Peter's ear. St. Peter tells Jimmy he can't come in and Jimmy is about to plead with him, but realises that he can't play up the whole "good Catholic boy" thing in front of Wachtell, and he can't play up the "good Jewish boy" thing in front of Howard. Crestfallen, he steps onto the down escalator, and as he descends into Hell the colour fades into black and white, he grows a moustache and all his hair falls out. Finally he reaches the fiery furnaces of Hell, and opens one to find it is actually an oven full of
Spoiler alert
CINNABONS
[close]

Satan (Chuck) then smirks and hands him an apron. Jimmy puts it on and gives in to his fate.

The Guppy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 18, 2022, 12:11:46 PMGreat idea!

There could be a post-credits scene with Saul doing bingo in hell for all the baddies who have been in it (loads of cameos for the fans, they'd lap this shit up). It's getting tense, nearly all the numbers have been called, then... 'ding! Ding ding ding ding!'. Fade to black. Just send me my perfect 10 in the post.

(Also opens up the possibility of a new series with Jimmy as a ghost.)
Did Hector definitely die? Could've been fired upwards like an incorrectly disarmed bomb dog.

Blue Jam

608 was screened at Tribeca last night:

Racy channeling Saul Goodman with the flowery suit, love it.

The mods on the BCS subreddit have already had to delete a load of spoilers so watch out. Some very positive non-spoilery feedback here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/redecorateradio/status/1538281324166930434

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on June 09, 2022, 12:19:09 PMThat's an evil move! If anyone at the screening leaks spoilers, they should set Lalo after them.

Aye, this is baws:

https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/vg5801/do_not_post_any_explicit_spoilers_from_the/

AMC have been reaching out to request that people don't post 608 spoilers on social media, and apparently sending Cease And Desist notices to people making spoilery videos on YouTube. FFS, what did they think was going to happen when they showed an episode at a screening open to the general public nearly a month before the air date? I know the date of the Tribeca festival couldn't be moved, I guess they screened it because they're getting a bit desperate for those Emmys.

Even The Bob is getting a bit impatient here:

SPOILERY INTERVIEW CLIP WITH SPOILERY URL

It's also a bit rich when AMC intentionally spoiled
Spoiler alert
the appearance of Walt and Jesse
[close]
isn't it?

Blue Jam

Povidone

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 19, 2022, 11:13:53 AM

Now that I've seen this image is Bob Odenkirk going to punch me jovially but roughly in the arm and shout 'DINNAE GREET' at me while the whole lunch hall looks on and laughs?

Cos if so he can stick his fucking 'TV programme'

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Can't believe he's doing a White Power gesture so brazenly there.

Povidone

Rev+

The Tribeca thing is so daft, but it makes a bit more sense if you take them at their word about not knowing that the series would be split in half.  They probably wanted the final episode to be shown there, maybe a day before broadcast, but you can't shift a festival like that.

Spoilers are absolutely everywhere, but even if I was spoiled by a twat earlier today, I'm still very excited to see how those things play out. 

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Povidone on June 20, 2022, 09:47:34 PMNow that I've seen this image is Bob Odenkirk going to punch me jovially but roughly in the arm and shout 'DINNAE GREET' at me while the whole lunch hall looks on and laughs?

Cos if so he can stick his fucking 'TV programme'

No, it's above his waist.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 06, 2022, 11:05:47 PMhttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bob-odenkirk-amc-new-series-better-call-saul-1235125959/

Must be sick of being typecast as Charismatic Sleazebag and eager to get typecast as Midlife Crisis Man now. Sounds like it could be decent, perhaps a bit Lucky Jim:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Man

Currently reading this. "An American Lucky Jim" is about right. Enjoying it immensely even if, as an academic, some of it is a bit too real to me. Looking forward to see what AMC and Bob do with it now.

If anyone else is looking for stuff to consume during this interminable three-week wait, just a heads-up that there are some extra editions of the BCS Insider podcast up. One with the Kettlemans, one with Mark Margolis, one on the make-up and sound, and one on the cinematography and special effects.

Blue Jam