Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 25, 2022, 01:25:27 PMThe Mirror reports:

What a man of the people.

Also, given Johnson does not own Chequers and it is a "grace and favour" home, what right does he have to try to have a £150,000 treehouse built?

The more time I spend around people who have held organizational power for a significant amount of time, the more I realize they've just gone slightly mad. No one has ever said no, and for small-p political reasons no one will, so it's open-season and do what you like.

It's why politicians do stupid shit like spend 100 grand on in-flight catering for their staff, or organize "fact-finding trips" to the Bahamas, or accept a trip on the Aga Khan's private helicopter to an island resort, spend £150k of taxpayer dosh on a child's treehouse in a home they don't own. They're so used to doing what they want, they lack the public-perception framework to see how bonkers their actions are.

JamesTC

Yet we really don't have the money to keep the extra £20 on Universal Credit. They know the value of money when they are taking it away.

Buelligan

WON'T ANYBODY THINK OF THE MAGIC MONEY TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!?!!

Cold Meat Platter

TrenterPercenter

HE WILL NOT PRETEND THE BY-ELECTION RESULTS ARE GOOD

He won't, he simply can't, he's thought about it and said NO! I WILL NOT! pretend they are good results, here is a man that will not indulge in the idea that the by-election results, one of which was the biggest numerical swing against his party ever, was good.  He will tell it like it is, not pretend like it isn't.

So brave.

Sherman Krank

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Ferris on June 25, 2022, 01:42:46 PMThey're so used to doing what they want

They're basically bred to be sociopaths and some of them are many generations down that process. If you add in a natural sociopathy like Boris has it's quite a mix. Boris reminds me of a quote by someone about Malcolm Hardee "To say he has no shame is to drastically exaggerate the amount of shame he has."

He's the type to knee you in the bollocks and just stand there beside you as if nothing happened. A resignation seems unlikely but would be interesting to see.

Fambo Number Mive

If he did resign he would no doubt be as bitter about it as possible and blame literally everyone else including the general public.

Norton Canes

QuoteAsked if there was any matter of principle he would consider resigning over, he said if he had to abandon Ukraine because it became too difficult or the costs were too great, he would quit

An exit strategy. Promising

superthunderstingcar

Given he never tells the truth about anything, I have to assume he's in the middle of a psychological transformation right now.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Johnson entering "new phase of reign" during which it will not be seen much in public for some time.

Buelligan

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 25, 2022, 02:59:50 PM

What a bizarre thing to have on a news website.

Absolutely agree.  I've gone so far as to slyly click on the BBC website several times today, just for the adrenaline rush that its strangeness triggers.

Video Game Fan 2000

PM: I will not get struck by lightning at the same time as my teenage son, swapping our minds into each others bodies, and have to attend high school in his place resulting in naughty but PG hijinx

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 25, 2022, 01:25:27 PMThe Mirror reports:

What a man of the people.

Also, given Johnson does not own Chequers and it is a "grace and favour" home, what right does he have to try to have a £150,000 treehouse built?

It's like they ("the partnership") think they've achieved Royalty status.

A vibe of permanence akin to the Nazi officer class in their heyday.

Buelligan

Quote from: JamesTC on June 25, 2022, 07:16:48 PM

Arrggghhhhhhhhhhh!  Wow!  Those poor synapses!  Fucking lovely, that.

He's obviously an axolotl.  A rather fat one.

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

Crenners

Saturday night yeah I like the way you move pretty baby its party time and not one minute we can lose pretty baby

poodlefaker

Guys, guys, remember when Jamie Oliver made an Eton mess and held it up, quite near to Downing Street? That was BRUTAL. Fair play to Bunter: if he can survive that, he can survive anything. He's golden.

Cold Meat Platter

Did you know that 'Boris' isn't actually his name? None of his family or friends call him that. Know what they call him?

Spoiler alert
BUNTER
[close]

Cold Meat Platter

A completely normal news organ for completely normal people on normal island.

poodlefaker

He's Billy Banter. The Archbishop of Banterbury. St Banterny of Padua.

Video Game Fan 2000

"actively thinking"

lol like numbskulls in the Beano, i bet they all look like Bunter

Ferris

bgmnts

Not even joking but in that picture he looks like an orangutan, silently ruminating about what to do today; eat, fuck or kill.

But somehow looks even more empty of thought. There's the glint in the eye of a rangu, walking along the edge of cognition. Boris just looks like a corpse waiting to happen.